Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Call me a fan boy or what ever but...

I just picked up this game, today. I am not a noob at MMORPG games. I have played ffXI, wow, everquest 2, aion, rift and LOTR. Starting the account was a headache like I have read in forums and posts.  The UI is a bit odd at first, but not horrible.  One can easily see that is was intended for a controler not a keyboard. Yes, when compared to most MMO's the questing is lacking. Not odd for a FF game grinding a bit has been a part of the tradition. Other than what I mentioned, this game is a great game.

It has been given a bad rep. Maybe desevering so at the time of the reviews. It is not the case now. Square soft is good impoving and upgrading thier games. From what I have seen, in FFXI and this game I believe it. I am only 4 or 5 hours into the game but I can tell you the world of Eorzea is a nice place to be. The music and sounds give you that classic FF feel. The game play is solid not a 10/10 more like a 7/10. The world of Eorzea is amazing. The graphic detail and colors are unlike any game I have ever played. When I want to escape the real world for a moment and immerse myself there is no other place I would rather be.

If you where on the fence, try this game for yourself. If you tried it in its early stages and did not like it. Give it a second go, or wait for a few more update and try it again. Square is not dead, and niether is this game.

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I agree it did receive harsh treatment,it is still a better product than what most are selling us.My problem was more so i am a FFXI vet and i just couldn't accept some of the changes they made in FFXIV.

So for me,i liked the design of FFXI better,so i saw no reason to jump into FFXIV.If there was no FFXI,then probably a decent chance i would be playing FFXIV.

I just can't handle anymore force fed questing games.this is why i preferred FFXI,you do quests whenever you feel like it,you never feel like you have to do them from the first minute you enter the game.BONUS marks for no npc's with quest markers over their head goes a long way with me as well,i hope FFXIV has not stooped that low,there was nothing when i tested the game.

Anyhoot good luck in your game,i am sure being a FF game it will offer tons of enjoyment even if it has some blemishes.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973

Alas, new patch includes quest giver with that atrocious marker on their heads. Some of them anyways.

• FourplayFourplay Member UncommonPosts: 216
    The current atb battle system will be replaced by auto-attack soon.
    Some of the player base is asking for the sub job or a system close to that.
    Some of the playerbase is asking for harsher death penalties such as experience loss.
    Some of the playerbase has been asking for a traditional Auction House.
    Some of the playerbase has been asking for the jobs from XI.
    Also some of the playerbase asked for npc quest and monster agro icons.
    Some players want a return to one click crafting versus the minigames currently in place.
    It seems the new development team are listening to that portion of the playerbase imo?

So if you were a fan of XI and would like to see a game heading in a similar direction with those systems. This game may start to excite and be the game for you.
    I enjoyed my time in XI for seven years(mt favorite mmo) but if I wanted to pllay a game similar to it. I would ask for a graphical skin upgrade and the title to change to XI-2.
    I liked the different direction the game was aiming for, even though it was rushed. I would rather have had them streamline and expand in the direction of non linnear progression, with some themepark and sandbox elements.
  • brucieeeebrucieeee Member Posts: 12

Like most people, I liked this game after the first 4 - 5 hours too. 

I'd be interested if you came back in 2 weeks and  still feel the same way :P