Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Build me a PC

hey all i need some help from everyone im looking for a new PC but i dont have alot of money seeing as im only 16. Im looking at soemthing in the range or 1600 dollars max. I need a new EVERYTHING! case ,cpu, mother board , video card etc.

Comments

• Silver.Silver. Member Posts: 368

I know the best PC hardware shop here in norway, but that does not help you.
    I only buy things from those guys, these are the best, so sorry can't help.
    Just ask someone in a computerstore if he knows some good websites to buy pc parts.

Yeah deal with it, or else ::::15::
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Cheers! I'm out ::::28::
    ---------------------------------------------

Cheers! I'm out ::::28::::
    ---------------------------------------------

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

Well... I dont have time to look up an entire PC piece by, so go out and put your own comp together, then come back here, post the specs and we'll help you out ::::28::

• Asmodeus_Asmodeus_ Member Posts: 223

yeah, gawd, do we look like slaves? -_-

Would it be justice for holy to conquer evil?

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Newegg will supply you with many good deals. newegg.com is the place to go when you are looking for affordable PC parts from a company that you can rely on. They gave me 120% of what I payed for when my new case came cracked! You have got to love newegg.

-----------------

--Proud member of Desolation--

LVL 20 Guardian on Befallen

"The Job Of Art Is To Chase Away Ugliness" - Bono

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329
    Do you need a monitor, speakers, mouse or keyboard?
  • Zerocool032Zerocool032 Member Posts: 729

Originally posted by Kiamde

Newegg will supply you with many good deals. newegg.com is the place to go when you are looking for affordable PC parts from a company that you can rely on. They gave me 120% of what I payed for when my new case came cracked! You have got to love newegg.
    -----------------

lol, my case came with a power swich THAT DOESNT WORK

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

You should have asked for a refund. They would have gladly gotten you one. Their customer service is great and they know what they are taking about. It is never some random imigrant hired to work the phone [no offence, but I dislike CS reps who don't know what they are talking about].

-----------------

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• Smelly_ArmorSmelly_Armor Member UncommonPosts: 571

j-monster, I recently built a pc for a friend of minds wife. His budget was around $2,000US so I trimmed it down and made some changes for your budget of $1,600. Here you go.

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3500+, .130nm <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Newcastle Core @ 2.2ghz, $269

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> 

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9 nF4 board with PCI-E 16X $169.99

RAM: Mushkin Dual Pack 184-Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200, $137

VID CARD: MSI nVIDIA GeForce 6600GT PCI-E16XVideo Card, $190

HARDDRIVE: Hitachi 120GB 7200RPM SATA HD, Model HDS722512VLSA80, $79.88

OPTICAL DRIVE: NEC 16X Double Layer DVD±RW Drive, Model ND-3520ABK, $66.99

FLOPPY DRIVE: NEC 1.44mb, $7

POWER SUPPLY: ULTRA X CONNECT 500W, UV Green ATX $119.99 You could go with the cheaper non-uv ones for $99, but the UV ones look really good in the case. Different colors to.

CASE: AeroCool Black ATX Mid Tower Case With Side window & jet, $55.50 Just a suggestion. There are a lot of good cases out there. This case has very good air flow for keeping your hardware cool.

MONTIOR: NEC/Mitsubishi MultiSync Black LCD1770NX-BK 17" TFT LCD Monitor, $399 Good  LCD monitor. You want get any "ghosting" when playing games. If you wanted to safe some money for other parts, you could go with a good CRT here instead.

$1,494.35 plus shipping. I really didn't leave any room for a keyboard and mouse, speakers or nice headset, and o/s or any other software. You could go with a less expensive PSU, E-POWER "Tagan" Series 480W Power Supply, Model "TG-480" for $78.99 , which will work just as good as the Ultra X Connect one but not look quite as kewl, and a CRT monitor, say a NEC/MITSUBISHI AS900-BK 19" CRT Monitor for $185. That would cut your the price down to $1,239.35 leaving you $360.65 for shipping cost, keyboard and mouse, speakers or nice headset and software.

• j-monsterj-monster Member Posts: 1,060
    awwe excellent thanks for the replies guys