Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 to be released November 2nd 2011?

AcidDKAcidDK Member Posts: 82

So I found this online article talking about GW2 impressions from PAX East, and it mentions an actual release date.

"Guild Wars 2 is slated for a November 2nd, 2011 release for PC."

Source: http://gamerant.com/guild-wars-2-hands-on-preview-pax-east-jon-75247/

Does anyone know if this is for real or if it's just the author guessing?

Comments

• DiovidiusDiovidius Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

Various sites give very different dates. Only when we hear it from Anet itself is it official and the only thing Anet has said so far is when it's ready

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

It's probably not the actual/official date, but the consensus is that GW2 will indeed release around that time.

Also, there are many flaws in the preview: he calls a dynamic event a quest, he says that all of the five races were playable, that the warrior has got a homebase and that only Elementalist, Necromancer, Ranger and Warrior were playable as profession. And each race has got an recommended experience level!? /Slap! /Slap! /MAXIMUM SLAP!

He is even less informed/intelligent than some of the trolls on these forums.

• jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143

Originally posted by Alot

It's probably not the actual/official date, but the consensus is that GW2 will indeed release around that time.

hu ! whos consensus ?

• jerkbeastjerkbeast Member UncommonPosts: 255

Sounds like a generic Gamestop place holder release date. I wouldn't put much weight in it.

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by jondifool

hu ! whos consensus ?

Ze Guild Wars 2 Gurus.

• DiovidiusDiovidius Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

Originally posted by jondifool

hu ! whos consensus ?

The consensus of guildwars2guru of course ;p

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/speculated-release-date-lets-do-t13066.html

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

I had the impression it would NOT be this year.What a nice surprise if it is.

A 2011 release would explain all the PR and information releases we have been seeing.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

while deep down i hope and feel that GW2 could be release around that time ( September )

but yeah, until Anet themself says so, i just dont want to get my hopes high

but a release before 2012 would be awesome though

also, if judging by what we have seen from videos of their game so far, i think their world settings are pretty much mostly done

So What Now?

• DonkirealDonkireal Member Posts: 24

I think that's terribly wrong. Not sure if anyone remembers but I used to see the release date as November 2nd 2010 last summer at some sites.

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739

November 2nd, 2011 is on a wednesday.

November 2nd, 2010 was on a tuesday.

We know that tuesday is the traditional release weekday in NA.

• DubhlaithDubhlaith Member Posts: 1,012

Of course it's speculation. But if you look at all the media attention they have been trying to get, I think we can safely assume it will be around the holidays this year. I know they say when it is ready, but for the most part it seems ready now. They are polishing now, it looks like. With all they are doing, they are nearly ready, they know it, and they are going to release soonish.

You cannot keep that media buzz/player hype up forever.

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true — you know it, and they know it." —Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

WTF? No subscription fee?

• therez0therez0 Member Posts: 379

Q4 2011 is a realistic estimation. That of course excludes December since technically December sales are part of Q1 2012, so that means anywhere from September through the end of November. And considering that Anet has a traditional release window in late September/early October, that increases the likelihood of that being the release window.

But as Dubhlaith said the real trick is going to be keeping the hype level for that long. E3 is coming up fast and everyone is expecting big news about all the winter releases. GW2 could easily be overshadowed in media coverage by some other massively expected game's release announcement (e.g. Diablo III, Dungeon Siege 3). So it would be a smart move for Anet to announce a hard date around the same time, or at the very least start the open beta testing.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Oh dear ... Stiff competition with Skyrim's launch if this is true.

Would be earlier then I expected though. Was expecting a 2012 release myself. But then again, I'm just an uninformed troll <3

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

It's just a guess. ArenaNet has always said it will be released when it's ready.

• Xix13Xix13 Member Posts: 259

Late 2011 is my hope.  Early 2012 is my guess.  While we know they only have 2 professions left to reveal, which might support an earlier release, there's one very big game system of which we've only received the skimpiest of hints:  crafting, and the whole associated "game economy" stuf.  IF they intend to make this part of the game as vibrant and appealing as the rest of it appears to be, then they've apparently got quite a bit of work left to do.

We've also heard very little substantial information on the "Guild" part of Guild Wars 2.  So I think there's still a year's worth of work left in the pipeline.  At least.

-- Xix
    "I know what you're thinking: 'Why, oh WHY, didn't I take the BLUE pill?'"

• CookieTimeCookieTime Member Posts: 353

Originally posted by Xix13

Late 2011 is my hope.  Early 2012 is my guess.  While we know they only have 2 professions left to reveal, which might support an earlier release, there's one very big game system of which we've only received the skimpiest of hints:  crafting, and the whole associated "game economy" stuf.  IF they intend to make this part of the game as vibrant and appealing as the rest of it appears to be, then they've apparently got quite a bit of work left to do.

We've also heard very little substantial information on the "Guild" part of Guild Wars 2.  So I think there's still a year's worth of work left in the pipeline.  At least.

Crafting? You mean PvP.. lol. They already made an article about crafting and it's not really revolutionary, so there isn't much to talk about. PvP on the other hand.. we know ZERO about it. Only how WvW might work and that's it. And they didn't even mention the competitive side of PvP yet.

That said, I also hope for late 2011 release, but I kinda doubt. We'll see.

Eat me!

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

My gut is telling me Q1 2012 but my excitement wants to hear 2011.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Originally posted by AcidDK

So I found this online article talking about GW2 impressions from PAX East, and it mentions an actual release date.

It actually says :

"Guild Wars 2 is rumored for a November 2nd, 2011 release for PC." So the author just wrote down other people's guess.

• AcidDKAcidDK Member Posts: 82

Originally posted by someforumguy

Originally posted by AcidDK

It actually says :

"Guild Wars 2 is rumored for a November 2nd, 2011 release for PC." So the author just wrote down other people's guess.

It didn't say rumored when I started this thread. But at least this clarifies that the date was just a guess.

• ShrillyShrilly Member UncommonPosts: 421

Idk when the release date will be the problem is whatever it is its too late for me. I dont know where i will be at at that time or if i will even have a computer haha. It needs to be sooner to keep me interested or keep posting information as soon as its known about.

• ClobClob Member Posts: 130

ANet historically likes to launch on Fridays.  With the exception of Prophesies (Thursday), all campaigns launched on a Friday. 

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

I think he fixed some of his errors, but this paragraph made my head hurt:

When in battle, you are equipped with the usual RPG elements. Numbers are assigned to various attacks, some based on if you have enough energy to perform or if enough time has gone by to perform certain attacks.

I don't... I... Yeah.

He also doesn't seem to be aware that he actually played a dynamic event, saying that he has yet to witness one. I don't know what he thinks they're going to look like.

I don't get the impression that he plays many MMOs, RPGs, or even a great variety of video games in general to be honest.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss