Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A new newspaper has arrived

psychoduckpsychoduck Member Posts: 59

For those who don't know: you can buy newspapers (released human every day, or every 2 days in Ganedan) from your local gnome paperboy. Newspapers refer to all the live content that is curently happening, so when you read then you'll allways know what to do and where to go to.

It keeps impressing/surpriseing me every day!

Flesh Rot Spider Infestation Exterminated, Danger Remains

By Hammurindle, Chronicle Reporter

TEARWOOD FOREST - The Legion of the Rose has reported today that the Flesh Rot Spider infestation that had been growing steadily in the Tearwood Forest has finally been exterminated. The climax of the story came mid-afternoon today when a runner from the Legion of the Rose arrived in Amakiir. The runner, observers say, already blue in the face from his excertions, delivered his report that a Flesh Rot Spider Queen was spotted in the area. After gasping out his message he ran on to Nya to warn the that town's citizens.

The people in Nya were in no danger however, because only moments after the runner had left town, the queen and her brood arrived. Some say the Spider Queen was taller than a Cyclops and as wide as the trunk of any tree in New Illanthia. Many ran in fear, others looked on in shock as the Spider rampaged through town. There was one man who acted immediately when he saw the Spider Queen. Ganewate Novashine, a newly named White Order associate, fearlessly charged the beast and engaged her in combat.

Many tried to help Ganewate in his battle against the treacherous queen by destroying the members of her brood. Wyrxx crushed one of the spiders with staff, Rezure and Berng'Ancamar viciously killed a group of spiders that were overwhelming town guard. Dundiand and Laurana were also notable in the battle as they showed their skill in stave and sword.

"In the end, it came down to Ganewate Novashine. He bravely chased the spider queen as she fled the town, her brood destroyed. After blocking the queen's last desperate attack with his shield, he smote her with a final slash of his sword. With the queen flesh rot spider dead, the region should be free of the menace of these beasts, though small, scattered pockets of them may remain. Eston Le'Vik of The Legion of the Rose warned that, though the Queen Spider is dead, the threat that is the Tearwood Forest, remains.

Good Folks Gone Missing!

By Mellypeddle, Chronicle Reporter

NEW ILLANTHIA - A recent uprising of bandits and brigands in the elvan forest of New Illanthia has citizens concerned. This, along with the insurgence of groups of xints and rubezahl are making travelling the paths of New Illanthia quite dangerous indeed. Captain Gessos of the Lauciir guard says, "The elvan people are used to being threatened from all sides, but never by our own people. From the few bandits that have been killed we now see that they are in fact elvan." This has many New Illanthians wondering what must be brewing below the surface.

As of press time, the bandits seem to fight to the death and none have been brought in for questioning. "They have made no leaning towards any side and seem to attack anyone" Says Hadlir Everkess of The Blue Order knights, "We believe at this time that they have no group affiliation". Until this mystery is solved, Captain Kelata of Kemilnar is offering rewards for any bandits killed. Travellers in New Illanthia should beware and make sure to watch their backs.

The Legions of Utec

By Gelwyn, Chronicle Reporter

WULLYRIK - Like a broken dam, with the scattering of the senators, comes a wave of terror! Great gremlin masters, screeching to keep legions of their lesser brethren in line, have been spotted all over the gnomish Isles! Other more bizarre monsters have been seen as well, as though some event has awakened all manner of spirit and entity!

The gremlin hordes are very characteristic of the minions of the hidden terror of the Isles, an entity known simplly as 'Utec'. It is this same being that has sent many a good traveller to rest, and may be responsible for the attack on the senators. Does the foul Utec even now hold our dear Voice captive in some dark hole, laughing with glee as his henchmen run amok?

I will attempt to find out more myself- I, Gelwyn, am gathering up a band, to go out to the untamed corners of the isles, and see for myself these masses of gremlins!

Gremlin Incursion Fought Back

By Damriddal, Chronicle Reporter

MERRITON – A small band of gremlins marauding south of Merriton ventured too close to the human stronghold early yesterday afternoon. Led by an oversized chieftain named Loktar, the group approached the city from the south hurling rocks and insults at local citizens.

"This happens from time to time," Nash, a town guard was quoted as saying. "Something stirs these little furballs up and they think they can take over the world."

The group never reached the inside of the gates. In fact, the town guards never even had to dispatch them. Loktar and his minions first approached from the south, then circled around the west side of town avoiding the guards.

"They were going to steal from the fields," said a local farmer. "I have lost many a sheep to these gremlin folk."

Fortunately, two local citizens, Zellgadis and Blackwolf came to the defense of the city. After a brief battle, the abnormally large Loktar was dispatched by Zellgadis, and his allies fled in confusion.

Talsan, the Mayor of Merriton, was greatly pleased by the brave actions of his citizens."Souls like Zellgadis and Blackwolf are a testament to the people of Merriton," he was told. "It was a minor threat they faced, but they fought bravely. I have every confidence that with people like that, Merriton will continue to grow and prosper safely in the coming weeks."

Other reports of gremlin activity came from as far south as Withirk, where a second group met a similar fate.

Siege at Hopdale!

By Mitkinnil, Chronicle Reporter

HARBORVIEW – As numerous new cases of the Gray Murk began to manifest in Harborview, hysteria hit a dangerous, all-time high with tragic results. A group of mercenaries who had been operating out of the city took it upon themselves to find and fortify a haven. That haven turned out to be Hopdale. Witnesses state that the mercenaries met little to no resistance in taking and sacking the town. Many unarmed peasants and tradespeople fell quickly in the first few minutes of the occupation and the rest either hid or fled.

Already in the area undertaking procedures to treat symptoms of the sickness, agents of the Blue and White Orders learned of the attack very quickly. Earle Lighthorn, knight of the Blue Order, and a White Order knight by the name of Breagan gathered recruits from the nearby towns of Merriton and Lokshire whom they led to break the siege of Hopdale.

Many worthy individuals contributed to the cause and made short work of the maddened bandits. A warrior named Dymon was seen at the forefront of the vicious combat while blade-wielding Dunc fought hard not far away.

"They were going to steal from the fields," said a local farmer. "I have lost many a sheep to these gremlin folk."

"I think were it not for brave Potem, I would surely have taken a grievous wounding." Lighthorn commented from horseback later on the way back to Harborview, "The Order could use a man like him."

The liberating force managed to rescue a peasant named Truman during the chaos who then directed them to Harborview mayor, Eknod, who has been conducting a serious investigation into the source of the growing plague and doing his best to contain it.

Comments

• ThoroThoro Member Posts: 56
    doubt I will play because of the PnC but I think the newspaper is a great idea.   
  • lynnelynne Member Posts: 34
    It is nice to see them actually *do* something with the newspapers.  I mean EQ had them, but they really had no point.  Gotta go get today's news myself!  YAY!

• zensaberzensaber Member UncommonPosts: 787

it would be kool is players could be mentioned in the newspaper

• psychoduckpsychoduck Member Posts: 59

Originally posted by zensaber
    it would be kool is players could be mentioned in the newspaper
    They are mentioned!
    The brave ones off course.:)

• zensaberzensaber Member UncommonPosts: 787

and hopfully the evil ones that rule the world lol

I'll keep updating this thread :)
    Even more live content coming our way!

Lokshire Attacked!

LOKSHIRE - Last night a group of 30 bandits attacked Lokshire. Witnesses that say the leader of the group was yelling orders to "Find the cleric!" and "Leave the grey-skinned ones alone!" but the one most witnesses remember was the sharp command, "Kill the rest!". Thanks to a group of brave heroes led by Malachi, the bandits were driven away, but not without inflicting casualties. According to town guards, the bandits regrouped and attacked again, this time charging directly into the town. Thanks to a brave sacrifice from Malachi, the bandit leader was driven out of the town where he was ganged-up on by such heroes as: Org, Pohl, Baradiel, Erdan and many others, as well as the town guard. The group was able to mercilessly slaughter the attacker in the fields.

An investigator from Merriton has been sent to the scene to determine possible motives. Inspector Gallager says "The reasons for the attack are unknown, though we do know they had an interest in capturing one of the local clerics. We suspect it was Ralna." Earlier this week, Ralna the Cleric had discovered that the herb, foxglove, slows down the effects of the new mysterious disease which originated in Harborview. Citizens of Lokshire are to be alert for further attacks.

Primitives Threaten, Brave Reporter Lost

WULLYRIK – Rumors have been circulating throughout the gnomish isles of insurging primitives from as far west as Windok. It appears that some forces have been at work stirring the normally reclusive creatures into action. Random attacks have occurred in Windok, Wullyrik and at many points along the Unified Bridge System, although no large-scale assaults have been reported thus far.

Already, one of our own, Gelwyn, has fallen at the hands of one of these marauders. A recently initiated member of Redeemer Company, he attempted to assemble a group and seek Sannerwalk’s lost Treatise on Knowledge only to venture out nearly alone after receiving a lukewarm response. His body was found close to Poverok late this morning.

Evidence indicates that an unknown individual may be involved in some or all of the conflicts. Reports confirm a number of brutish creatures in the area who openly declare their allegiance to someone named Utec. Research on the name turns up only scattered, unrelated fragments dating back hundreds of years and no information has yet surfaced regarding descendants who may still possess the name.

It is surmised that the few of Utec’s followers who have been confirmed as dead are only a first wave in what could become a greater insurgence than Savincia has encountered since the Age of Strife. Adventurers traveling through Savincia are advised to keep an eye out for rampaging creatures and to seek safety within the guarded borders of any of town if necessary.

New Play By Stephen Goodefellow

By Jepwindle, Chronicle Editor

FORT DAVAS - There is a new, soon to be released play by renowned Harborview playwright Stephen Goodefellow. As you walk the streets in many of the cities in Ganedan, you may find the odd would-be thespian rehearsing lines from the audition script. A brief exerpt follows: "I am the Spirit of Tactics, guardian of Ganedan. If you are willing, I can return you to the land of the living once again. But, be warned. Once you have left this place you can never return." The playwright attributes this line of dialogue to a dream that he experienced once while close to death's door.

The Ganedan Chronicle has not, thus far been able to obtain any specific details about the plot or characters in the play beyond the fact that it somehow revolves around Ganedan's spirits. "More details," says Goodefellow with a wry grin, "will be available upon the play's release and not a moment before."

With such plays under his belt as "The Sheppard and the Mord", and "The Plight of the Gryllus", Goodefellow runs very little risk of this play fading into the obscurity of time. Goodefellow himself has been writing plays for over twenty years which have been performed in theatres and on street corners in almost all of the lands of Ganedan. "I've had trouble getting them to perform in the lands where the cyclpos reign." Goodefellow laments, "I don't think my style fits in to what they consider to be high art over there." The playwright may be on to something. Reports from those who have had the opportunity to view a piece of cyclops theatre by a cyclops playwright liken it more to gladitorial comabt than to conventional theatre. "Picture a performance which is mostly combat with very little dialogue," says our own theatre reviewer Jillyren, "sure, the combat manouvers might be scripted,and the results fixed but those performers are true athletes."

Town of Harborview Taking a Turn For The Worse

By Jahnittein, Chronicle Reporter

BREAKING NEWS - HARBORVIEW - The people of Harborview today were horrified to find that the illness which had been ravaging its population seems to be taking a terrible turn. "People are just... dropping dead," sais one woman teary-eyed. "We just don't know what to do from here." Reports have come in that many of the town's important members are indeed dying of the plague. Many of the valuable trainers, merchants and guards of the town have already been lost. Mayor Eknod had put out a plea for assistance. "Please," the frazzled mayor cries "please do something. We need help. At the very least we need someone to defend the town and hunt down a cure for this disease. I humbly ask the assistance of anyone out there who feels themselves to be capable."

Eknod goes on to describe their need. "We will be unable to replace the fallen in their respective jobs until this issue has been dealt with." Those currently working toward a cure fear that if this strain of the illness goes unchecked, then this tragedy will be repeated in nearby towns and move on until all of Ganedan is under its power.

Adventuring, Is It For You?

By Pendleton, Chronicle Reporter

MERRITON - There are those in the world who grow their crops, those who tend their animals, work in their shops, spend years buried under books in a library and many other things. There are, however, a rare breed among us. They are called adventurers.

Adventurers are those brave souls who wander from place to place in search of intrigue, disasters and often something to fight. These people come from every corner of Ganedan, no one race has dominion over this often lucrative profession. Hearty adventurers have been known to make sums of gold in the tens of thousands in a single day. This is something that no other profession in this world can compete with. "You can keep your quaint shops and nut-gathering," quips one salty adventurer bound for the gnomish festival in Wullyrik, "It's the adventure I seek".

Only the bravest of brave, however, need apply. The average life expectancy of an adventurer is almost three times lower than that of any other profession. How do I become an adventurer? The answer is simple. 1. Grab a weapon and a few supplies. 2. Head for the town gates. Search for fame and fortune. 3. Don't look back.

Disturbing Rise in Monster Activity

By Sebenwik, Chronicle Reporter

SOUTHERN LAROCIA - The citizens of south Larocia are recovering today from a rash of of unprovoked monster attacks that have been taking place over the region past few days. Although monster attacks are not uncommon, these attacks are not only from known hostile groups, but from all monsters in general.

From Coast to coast there have been reports of towns sieges, groups of monsters traveling on busy trade routes and abnormally large, rare creature sightings and too many random attacks to report. Lokshire was host to a particularly bloody battle when a large group of hobgoblins lead by a goblin mage attacked local citizens, insighting a near riot situation. "I bet we killed over 4000 hobgoblins" one warrior reported, though the actual numbers were thought to be somewhere around two to three hundred.

Attacks like the ones in Lokshire have been the extreme cases, but they all seem to be building given time. Although thought by many of the Blue, Red and White Order members to be just a series of isolated incidents, the attacks are becoming far too common and much too violent as time passes. As capitol action is at a standstill and towns are growing more and more cautious, guild leaders are increasing their members in incredible numbers and with a rise in outright mysterious events over the globe the concerns of many are quickly rising.

For The Fallen

CHRONICLE HEADQUARTERS - Every day our field staff works diligently to bring the people of Ganedan all of the news and happenings that we feel you, our readers, would find most interesting and informative. It is a labor of love. Each and every one of us here give you, our readers everything that we have, often foregoing the comfort and companionship of friends and family by working far too many hours of the day.

Every day we put our live, both emotionally and physically, on the line to be as truthful as we can to our readers. Yesterday, as mentioned in the above article "Primitives Threaten, Brave Reporter Lost", we lost one who was near and dear to our hearts. Gelwyn, Chronicle Reporter gave his life bringing his story to our publication. For this we are deeply grieved. In a way, however, we are happy for our fallen friend. He died, as we all hope to one day, performing his duty and passing his own knowledge to the readers that he so cared about. In this way, we know that he died the most honorable death possible for people like us. In that we find solace.

Gelwyn, on the Chronicle staff for the last eighteen years is survived by his loving wife Marrywyn and two young daughters Geriah, aged 10 and Temmifirth, aged 12. We pass along our deepest sympathies to those he left behind. Gelwyn has met his final deadline. Now he may rest.

• RegusRegus Member Posts: 489

Crying again thx for this message, No email arrived again.

But enough wining (don't know how you write it), it seems to me that the newspaper is a very good idea, letting ervyone know what has/is been going on around the entire world and it would be nice if they read your name and then come across you. Hope they treat you like a hero. >Live content seems to wrok then i'am guessing. More positive messages it seems lately. Can't wait to find out myself.

One day all will die, surely you but never I.

"One day all will die, surely you but never I." Wheel of Time

Read all abnout it!

The Fall of Bloodbrains the Horrid

By Beepsteeple, Chronicle Reporter

WINDOK - The Savincian city of Windok was attacked by minions of the mysterious "Utec" again yesterday. Mayor Iffangil was notified by a group of scouts that the monsters were approaching the town and fortunately had enough time to rally the townsfolk and prepare for the onslaught.

A group of hobgoblins and gremlins, led by a monster calling himself "Bloodbrains", came from the west. The lack of immediate organization led to the deaths of some townsfolk. However, the monsters were stayed when Efena the gnome, began attacking the creatures from afar. She was quickly joined by two gnomes, Xap and Arwith and an elf named Akabane, all of whom helped even the odds and drive the creatures from the town.

But by far the most astounding feat came when a gnome adventurer by the name of Flakes, came barreling into the fray. He, along with his faithful steed, Pony the Pony the Pony*, managed to score the killing blow on Bloodbrains, as well as take Bloodbrains' own etched long sword which he then used to help slay the rest of Bloodbrains' minions. What a cruel twist of fate!

"It has become apparent that these attacks will not stop until this Utec character is confronted. Only then will the Savincia be safe.

* Editors note: That is the pony's actual name. Talk about horse power!

Khaseldon Invaded!

CLADASH - Yesterday, the capital City of Cladash, Khaseldon, was attacked and invaded by an army of undead. Groups of skeletons, ghouls, ghasts and zombies descended into the center of the city. Luckily groups of heroes from across the land, including Gordy, BlackRhino, Efren, Achillon, Moonlight, Letharion, Hunter, Jade Moondragon, Zorbas, Feylaron, Glarshon Dreamsweeper, Wishdragon, Kellir and many others heard the dwarven cry for aid and managed to push back the hordes after a long and arduous battle. This has been all very puzzling for investigators seeing that Khaseldon and Cladash, in general, have been very quiet as of late. "The Dwarves are known for being brash and opinionated, but recently have quieted down and have become very internal" Says political analyst Niah Mal of Liefshore. "Khaseldon being attacked right now makes little sense, especially because undead like that are often used as tools. Somebody is making a play on the board, but we don't know why." When pressed for a theory, she answered, "My personal opinion is that it was a distraction tool for something bigger. Somebody doesn't want the dwarves getting involved in something." Officials from Khaseldon could not be reached for any comment other than this prepared statement, "The people of Khaseldon are grateful to the people of Larocia and New Illanthia for their help in staving off the invasion of the city. We must be ever vigilant in times like these, for the threat of evil is constantly at our heels and should either of our allies fall upon times such as these, you can count on the strength of the dwarves by your side."

As of press time, the bandits seem to fight to the death and none have been brought in for questioning. "They have made no leaning towards any side and seem to attack anyone" Says Hadlir Everkess of The Blue Order knights, "We believe at this time that they have no group affiliation". Until this mystery is solved, Captain Kelata of Kemilnar is offering rewards for any bandits killed. Travelers in New Illanthia should beware and make sure to watch their backs.

Sickness Spreads in Harborview

LAROCIA - The new strain of the plague that some are dubbing "The Gray Madness" has struck one final blow in Harborview. Many of the town's local citizens were struck dead yesterday as they went about their business. One witness said, "I saw the provisioner, he was complaining about stomach pains and dizziness. All of a sudden, he fell to his knees and collapsed. He was dead by the time I reached him." This new strain does not carry with it the graying skin and green colored eyes as its predecessor. It strikes hard and fast. Oddly enough the new strain seems to have left those who were already sick with the previous strain alone. "I'm glad I'm not one of those poor saps." Coughed Pelson the Commoner before he went searching for a bed to lie down in.

This has, of course, made Harborview a virtual ghost town, but the mayor of Harborview, Mayor Eknod has high hopes. "My scouts are working on something. I will have a lead by the end of the day." Barleydale, Hopdale and Lokshire are already planning for the worst and have several caches worth of foxglove stored up thanks to the efforts of many brave foragers. Ralna the Cleric in Lokshire meanwhile is attempting to research the new strain and is unavailable for comment.

Rot Guardians Take Stonehold Southeast!

SOUTHDOWNS – Stonehold Southeast, located to the northeast of the city of Southdowns was assaulted, and taken yesterday by an extremely well organized group of Rot Guardians. The Stonehold, used to house and train members of the King's army is said to be overrun with the undead creatures. "I regret to admit that the city of Southdowns and surrounding area now without the protection of the King's army, however I have utmost faith in our town guard," said the mayor of Southdowns.

"Thankfully, the area is not totally bereft of military protection. The Legion of the Rose, self avowed slayers of all things undead have bravely stepped in to fill the role left by the king's army. Runners from the Legion could be seen racing all over southern Larocia delivering the news of the attack to Officers in the Legion. The Legion, though utterly competent in dealing with these incursions has suffered many losses of late, and as such, has been stretched to it's limits.

"We are looking for new recruits," stated First Officer Varro Arvemon, who is commanding the battle in Southdowns. One such recruit is Xadrian of Southdowns, who became one of the first newly named Legion of the Rose members. The battle continues to rage on as this reporter writes, all who are interested in helping the Legion should travel to Southdowns to speak with First Officer Varro Arvemon. Officer Eston Le'Vik, responsible for the Legion in Amakiir had this to say on the situation: "The shear numbers and organization of this number of Rot Guardians is unprecedented, it has become clear that a Rot Worm Lord is somewhere in the area."

• RegusRegus Member Posts: 489
    I still haven't got my email which is strange because it had to be arrived now because everyone else has got it i recon? Hope i don't have to send an email or something tomorrow so they can help me

One day all will die, surely you but never I.

"One day all will die, surely you but never I." Wheel of Time

Confessions From The Path Of Darkness

LAROCIA - Few are the opportunities that we receive which allow us to speak with and interview those who walk the moral dark path here in Ganedan. Fewer still are the occasions when these persons actively seek us out. Today, however, that very thing happened. As I was wandering the forests north of Barleydale in search of remnants from the battle which was waged there, I was approached by an elvan woman named Monyka. The very Monyka who had been strongly linked to the deadly plague which has been sweeping the region. She spoke to me kindly and asked that she be allowed to make a statement. I shall print it here in full. "The town of Harborview owes much to those whom I met today on the field of battle. They showed a bravery which I had not attributed to the peoples of a land which I had thought populated only by farmers and cowards. Not only did they bravely march into a battle which I had thought over-powering, but they also showed a great deal of compassion in sparing my life. Before today, I did not know that such compassion could exist and I applaud the trait."

"It is true that until this day I have devoted myself to furthering the goals of the Order of Nine, a group which hopes to one day rule all of Ganedan with a closed fist. I thought that they were strong, a relentless force unable to be defeated. They prey upon the weaknesses and selfishness of others in order to further their own ends. Their motto: Divide and Conquer. What I learned today is that there is strength in camaraderie and in mercy. It is because of this revelation that I will not take the life which was given back to me and turn it over to the dark Order. Instead, I turn toward a goodly Order. I, with this gnome as my witness, am setting forth to turn myself over to the Blue Order."

"As for the final secret which I promised to give to those who showed me mercy... I shall tell you all that Khaseldon, while able to repel the earlier invasion, should fear for its very existence. The losses suffered in driving back the previous attack will be nothing compared to the wrath that Vinnian, the only member of the Nine who I have met, is capable of bringing down upon it. All of the peoples of Ganedan would do well to remember one thing. The Order of Nine cares not for borders, nor for race. They work with single-minded purpose. That purpose is to rule all of Ganedan no matter the cost. Be wary then, all peoples, all places. You never know where the hand of the Nine shall reach."Shortly after giving her statement, Monyka, Former Friend of the Order of Nine asked me to escort her to the nearest Blue Order Knight.

Kobolds coming to The Isle of Wonder?

By Garthaddeus Torsmith, Chronicle intern

SAVINCIA - It seems that the kobolds of the northern isles are making an exodus from their village.

Yesterday morning saw the raiding of the Kobold Village by a mass of sea hags and trolls. There were reports of several counter attacks, but they met with mixed success. The Kobold Shaman and village Warriors, who were not available for comment, have apparently decided to move to the Isle of Wonder for the moment, and conduct raids onto their own isle until the menace of the sea beasts can be dealt with.

One of the Kobolds deigned to speak to us, a 'One Talon': " We go to other Isle. All are home, Jakala shows us this long ago. We have allies... but we must call on them. We have seen this before. We will take our land back!"

Kitterwen, famed sage, traveler, and Master Redeemer, was not available for comment, but several of his servants spoke on his behalf, claiming that " The Isles are often raided by the monsters of the waves... we should do what we can to help each other. The Kobolds will be given a warm welcome."

For the Ganedan Chronicle, I am Garthaddeus Torsmith, humble replacement for the late and missed Gelwyn.

Trade Grinds To A Halt As Monsters Swarm Unified Bridges

SAVINCIA - Increasing numbers of primitive humanoids have begun to spill over from the island wilds to the Unified Bridge System, effectively cutting off trade from the east. With talk of plague in central Larocia, usual routes have already been disrupted, forcing towns like Riddlehok and Wullyrik to work that much harder to keep materials coming in. With the loss of safe passage via the bridges, even these fallback measures have failed.

Citizens have widely begun to blame the still-unidentified Utec, who has already been implicated in the murder of Voice Carrawil, the loss of Sannerwalk's famed Treatise on Knowledge and various assaults on the towns of Wullyrik, Poverok and Windok. The attacks have forced the Savincian guards to remain close to their home towns to defend against the possibility of further aggression while the bridges largely remain unpatrolled, save for the efforts of a few transient adventurers.

One such adventurer, a human named Stillman Kotoor, made a very saddening discovery while fighting his way across the bridge from Zinpor Isle to Riddlehok with his party. Amongst the effects of a slain Chosen of Utec, he found a sheaf of stained and torn parchment, one half of the Treatise on Knowledge. Every effort is being made to preserve as much of the Treatise as possible, and the Truthseekers Alliance has issued a public plea asking that Utec be punished for his sacrilegious deed. While there is little chance the rest of the Treatise can be recovered, in this time of need, Savincia cannot surrender hope.

Plague Investigation Makes Headway

HARBORVIEW - Harborview is currently playing host to a number of unexpected guests. A large ship carrying supplies, artwork and people wishing to immigrate from their homes in Hillsford, across the Tanthic Sea to Harborview and beyond. "We actually plan to make our way south from here to the city of Merriton," says one of the arrivals, a middle-aged man with his family in tow. "the trip itself wasn't too bad, if you like sea travel. My poor wife was sick the entire way over."

City officials are pleased with the influx of new supplies that made the trip across the sea. "We are now able to offer a number of goods that we were unable to provide before. This can only mean good things for Harborview. We expect that this will bring in a larger number of people." Harborview would like to see that same kind of population growth shown in Merriton some time last year when adventurers swelled its population.

The Cure Has Been Found

LOKSHIRE - The cure for the plague known as the "Gray Madness" or "Gray Murk" was recovered yesterday and now, despite the best efforts of the Order of Nine, lies safely in the hands of Ralna the Cheric. She is, as of press time, hard at work in creating enough of the cure to rid the lands of this horrible illness once and for all.

The situation came to a head last night when, rather than coming himself as was thought, Vinnian of the Order of Nine sent a number of messengers to Lokshire to see if his demands had been met. The mob in and around Lokshire would have none of it, however, as each of the heralds of darkness were slain before their message could be heard. Fortunately, Monyka Former Friend of the Order of Nine had been recently transferred from Merriton to Lokshire by the Blue Order. She was able, in return for promises of her safety, to lead those who were willing to Vinnian's last known whereabouts.

A large group of people from all over the continent and beyond gathered together and followed the former Order of Nine servant out of Lokshire and toward the necromancer's stronghold. Their intent ws simple and single-mided. Rid the world of this foul man and obtain the cure.

Straif Ravenwind says of the ensuing battle, "skeletons most brutal I have ever seen." After a difficult battle where many lost their lives, Vinnian was cornered by Bushmaster, Selaria Blaydepyre, Larisia, BelDurnik, Triss Saliere, Zuke, Fenwick and and many others, but it was Thorb of Merriton who landed the killing blow and Tolgar, his friend who allowed him to do so. "I led a group of approximately six people" said Thorb, "I got the killing blow on Vinnian". In the end, the cure was retrieved from his body by Aeribian of Lokshire.

"The names of the heroes involved in this deed are far too numerous to mention." Says Ralna the Cleric in the brief interview that I was granted. "My thanks, and the thanks of many go out not only to the heroes of the stronghold, but to the heroes who stayed behind to guard Lokshire from invasion.From a personal standpoiont, I owe them my life. Now that Aeribian has given over the recipe for the cure, I expect to be able to start helping people very soon."

Also a point of much interest and controversy is the reported death of the prisoner Monyka after the battle had been won. There are those who report that she turned on the victors and was slain for her act, and others who claim that she was slain in an act of cowardice and random violence. While it is not certain who landed the killing blow or what their intentions were, it is safe to say that without this woman, be she true friend or foe, it would have been very difficult to defeat this evil threat.

The continent and the world owes a great deal to the men and women of every shape and size who took part in this battle.

Kelminar's Strange Visit

KEMILNAR - The people of Ganedan are used to strange comings and goings in their towns. People of all shapes and sizes walk these lands and are often met with hardly a second glance. One could hardly, however, look away from the sight that wandered into Kemilnar this past day.

Earlier, a member of the race of the unicorn wandered into town, and was none too pleased with the inhabitants there. "People of Kemilnar!," it began angrily. "Have not our two species lived together in harmony? Did we not work out our differences ages ago? Why then do you attack us? Why then do you drive us from our homes in the forest?" The beast's claims were valid, indeed there has, to the best of my researching ability, been no incidents between the two species in ages. It seems that a large number of what are being dubbed as elf bandits have taken to the forests and are not discriminatory about their habits of attack. An adventurer named Isir was first to take up the cry, shouting that there were "Incoming bandits to the village!" As I ran for the safety of the nearest building, I learned that the vandals were driven off, last report says that they were hunted into the hills.

First Gladiator of Teol
    By Hirrekar, Chronicle Reporter

TEOL - BalikBlackblade, self styled Master of the city of Teol, invited people from all over Ganedan to battle each other in his city south of Talus. Balik himself came out of his keep to watch as the combatants arrived in his city and prepared for battle. The first to Arrive was ZoSo, a member of the Legion of the Rose, eager to prove himself. Soon after other combatants arrived, all gathering around Balik, waiting for his signal to begin the fight.

The battle began as Nagavin, resplendent in plated armor, entered the city on horseback. In a move some would deem bad form, Eomis, Tamar the Pure, and Navagin all attacked ZoSo at once, easily dispatching the swift Legionaire. After ZoSo fell, Navagin fought a desperate battle as two combatants attacked him. After fighting brilliantly, he attempted to distance himself from his foes for a breather, but fell before he got away.

It was soon clear to all combatants that Tamar the Pure was possessed of a strength and cunning not to be toyed with. Suddenly she was confronted by many grimm faced oppontents, including Drystan and Xanthe. She did not back off, after dispatching foe after foe, she was the last remaining on the field. Balik Blackblade came out from his keep and named her, First Gladiator of Teol. He also rewarded her with gold, however, he said he was not impressed enough with the battle to give away his flaming sword. "I will hold another contest soon, I expect the bravest and best fighters in Ganedan to attend and compete," he announced, before retiring to his keep.

Thainesford Siege Over
    By Sebenwik, Chronicle Reporter

WITHIRK - After a long and grueling battle, a group of heroic adventurers have retaken Thainesford from the goblin armies that launched a successful attack on the walled city the day before.Goblins have long been known to inhabit the lands of southern Larocia, but until this unmerciful attack were never thought to be any threat to such a heavily fortified city. "They came in such large numbers!" one local commented, "We didn't have time to form a defense!"

Although a defense was not launched quickly enough to save the city, or it's people, messengers were sent out immediately to ask for the support of any town that would be able. Although this message was delivered to several towns throughout the continent, the single response came from the small towns, Withirk and Grym. It was from there that warriors were sent after enduring a devastating gremlin attack of their own, only to endure a rumored 7 hours of battle facing impossible odds to bring the goblin army to its knees. Though many warriors came and went through the battle, a select few were brave enough to stand and hold their ground claiming victory for Thainesford and themselves. Thainesford owes homage to Eroc Boleyn, SwiftDragon, Zaarab, Cyris, Candesious, Chasrisma and to all their comrades who helped throughout the battle and saved this city. You cannot be thanked enough!

Also of interest in the same region...

The town of Grym was gathered yesterday to address the pressing issue of gremlin hoards that have been pressing their boundaries for the past 7 days despite the efforts of local citizens to push them from their lands. The meeting was called by Phador Tyber, the local guard captain and true town leader of Grym. He had recently returned from a scouting trip to investigate the so called "Gremlin Camp" and found himself quickly outnumbered and very concerned for the safety of his town. The town meeting, which was very short and to the point was mainly used as a springboard to launch the town into a battle with the gremlins who had been massing for a rumored attack.

Though the initial battle was a success, a large number of gremlins had escaped the warriors and attacked Grym. With no one there to defend, the town quickly fell to the beasts. While on the battle field, Phador heard word of the gremlin ambush and lead his army back to town where the epic battle insued and the town was eventually re-taken.

Meanwhile high ranking members of the White Order have already dispatched scouting parties into the Tearwood Forest. While officials were unavailable for comment, rumor has it that the Order is already preparing divine materials to combat this threat should it press forward towards more populated areas.

Rot Lord Destroyed

AMAKIIR - After terrorizing the region for almost a week, the Rot Lord was finally destroyed last night by members of the Legion of the Rose, and defenders from the towns of Southdowns, and Amakiir. Scout Ranoren Calitro of the Legion informed the towns that the Rot Lord had finally been spotted in the Tearwood for the first time since its defeat at the battle of Stonehold Southeast. Eager adventurers quickly ran out to search the Tearwood, however they underestimated the creature's speed as it left the Tearwood and made a beeline for Amakiir.

The Rot Lord slithered through Amakiir, destroying everything in its path, some say a group numbering as many as fifty Rot Guardian's accompanied it. The Rot Lord moved on from the city of Amakiir to harry the town of Southdowns, where citizens fled the monsterous beast. The Lord didn't stay long in the town of Southdowns, it soon moved on to Nya. Nya was the site of the most damage. Many of the townspeople were killed, including members of the Legion of the Rose. As the Rot Lord left Nya his direction was obvious: due south, towards the town of Amakiir. This time however, the people of Amakiir were ready. Bolstered by the support of the Legion of the Rose, and defenders from Southdowns, the town's line of defense held strong and struck back at the gigantic Rot Lord.

Cyphen, an Associate of the Legion of the Rose, had been tracking the creature since it attacked Southdowns, he started the battle off right by leaping upon the beast's back and delivering a brutal strike with his sword. Other defenders continued where he began. Josh, Silmaril, Gemgan, and KallDrexx all valiantly attacking the giant beast, all while shrugging off vicious blows by its minions. Bleeding from many brutal wounds to its body, the Rot Lord vainly tried to escape back to the Tearwood. Crystal Dragon, Luvia Moonshine, and Cyphen chased the beast as it fled. Finally, Cyphen destroyed the Rot Lord with a final swipe of his sword. After their Lord's defeat, the Rot Guardians fell quickly under the combined strength of Amakiir and Southdowns. The cheers could be heard all through the forest as the people in Amakiir gave sound to joy and cried, "Long live the Legion of the Rose!".

The Dead of Poverok
    By Garthaddeus Torsmith, Chronicle Intern

LAROCIA - The city of Thainesford has been lost to an extremely large group of Goblins that raided sometime this morning. Though the city was not massively populated at the time, many people are becoming very concerned for family members that live in the city that are unaccounted for. This attack is just one in a rash of attacks that have been taking place all over south Larocia as of late, so many in fact that people are becoming suspicious as to some hidden reasons why the worlds monsters have suddenly turned so hostile. Although there is still no word back from the capitol on any action that's planned, Order members have been extremely busy all over taking care of outbursts of undead, goblins and even titan attacks.

"Only a powerful black necromancer could possibly control such violent creatures." said Mayor Effanjel of Wullyrik, "As if this Utec was not enough of a problem already."

Thainesford as a large city has the support of many other towns and preparations are currently under way to form an assault on the Goblin armies and win back the wall city. Some people however are saying that even if Thainesford is retaken, how long will it be before the next city falls, how long before the monster scale an attack on them?