Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New player, questions about pop and RvR

Mr_WolfxMr_Wolfx Member Posts: 176

Hey, I'm pretty bored with the current mmos so I'm looking to play DAoC, since I've heard so many good things about it. Just got a couple of questions.

First off, is there any chance of finding a group at low levels? I usually play healer classes, so soloing is basically outta the question.

Is there any chance of finding a group for pvping?

Is the game even worth subbing to anymore? I don't want to sub to a dead game.

And lastly, I don't want to gimp myself in pvp. Are there any classes I should stay away from?

Thanks in advance.

Yes I have a dream… And its not some MLK dream for equality. …I wanna own a decommissioned lighthouse …And I wanna live at the top… And nobody knows I live there. …And theres a button that I can press, and launch that lighthouse into space.

Comments

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

yes thou mostly in rvr/pvp you will find the groups. but you get alot of xp and stuff from killing dirty albs lol.

and alll class do good in rvr to be honest. it just depends on how you play it and your play style.

oh and since your a healer class you will be one of the first to get a group lol. but to be honest most people use bots thou but a extra never hurts also ;)

• britzbanbritzban Member UncommonPosts: 260

what ever people want to believe or not..this game is as good as dead..they really should consider a f2p model now. I am looking at the currently server stats and there is a little under 2000 players.  For a mmorpg, that is pathetic. 

• dreamer05dreamer05 Member UncommonPosts: 679

Originally posted by britzban

what ever people want to believe or not..this game is as good as dead..they really should consider a f2p model now. I am looking at the currently server stats and there is a little under 2000 players.  For a mmorpg, that is pathetic. 

Although I'm sure this is true it's also quite sad.  I really wish they would do something to create a new interest and revive the population in this game because it truly is a fun and unique game.

"God, please help us sinful children of Ivalice.."

• nytemarehnytemareh Member UncommonPosts: 156

Originally posted by britzban

Not really.  Yes game is dead.  However, in most games such as WoW servers hold roughly 2,000 players.  600 people in rvr is way more than enough for a soled night of RvR.  Hell a good night zergs run at about 200 players.  Then you have your 8 mans, and 1v1 goin on.  So no not pathetic at all.

• skizmz123skizmz123 Member Posts: 2

Yeah 2k players on one server is not pathetic at all.... @Mr_WolfX- DAOC is way more populated last couple months then its been in a year or so. SO if you wanna check it out do now. When the game had over 1k people on all servers it was amazing- before instances people even grouped at low levels!!! Anyone remember when MMOs didnt have instances???

I am not currently playing but think im gonna re sub- Ive been checking up on the "Weekly Champions" which are the people who are gaining the most Realm Points in that week. They are different people then last year when I was playing- so either the same people are making new characters or there are actually NEW players. Either way people are playing! Its been in the top 10 most popular games again on this site so that says something. Also the more people who resub the more they will do with the game!! Bring it back!!!!

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

Originally posted by Mr_Wolfx

Hey, I'm pretty bored with the current mmos so I'm looking to play DAoC, since I've heard so many good things about it. Just got a couple of questions.

First off, is there any chance of finding a group at low levels? I usually play healer classes, so soloing is basically outta the question.

Is there any chance of finding a group for pvping?

Is the game even worth subbing to anymore? I don't want to sub to a dead game.

And lastly, I don't want to gimp myself in pvp. Are there any classes I should stay away from?

Thanks in advance.

There are Battle grounds....Thidranki....level 20-24   and Molvil 35-39 that ALWAYS have players. Some only play characters in these BG's. Other BG's have players on occassion ..and at 47-50 ther is the frontier of course

you can easily find groups in the BG's or the frontier.

Game is down to 1 server but not dead

classes.....try LOTS...Play whats fun for you .Send tells to players of that class and discuss pro's/cons and specs for the class.