Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Giving it a go, couple of questions

kinky10kinky10 Member UncommonPosts: 215

I missed this one first time around and have heard good things so I'm downloading the trial now.

How are the graphics, I've had a look and seem ok compared to a lot of older games I've seen.

Is it all about PVP at end game? I dont mind a bit but I do like PVE, dungeon crawls etc and the whole experience in leveling to end game.

I'm thinking about playing a ranged dps, so archer or ranger type but then at the same time I'd like to play a heavy full armored healer, any suggestions on which race/realm/class would be best for me?

Are their different servers, was thinking of going on a pve one if possible.

finally ive head the UI is pretty dated, any mods to customise this?

Comments

• Crixus30Crixus30 Member Posts: 11

Graphics are dated but I have always loved DaoC's armor and armor sets. Something about a Dwarf Skald in Chain that ive always loved.

It really is almost all pvp endgame unless you find a guild who does alot of dungeons and loot runs. Theres places like Darkness Falls that mix pvp and pve pretty well allowing you to collect Seals that can be sold or turned in for gear but I promise at some point, when you get comfortable, you will get ganked so watch your back.

Ive only played a hunter as I almost always played Midgard but I do enjoy the class. You used to need to carry ammo but once they did away with that it was alot more fun. Hunters have a pet but dont count on him to "tank" as he will get hit hard and you will always pull aggro off him. Try a Hib Ranger and skip the pet is a good way to try a ranged class.

There is only 1 cluster and there are 10 different servers in that cluster. It doesnt matter which one you pick. If you start on Ywain1 you can port over to Ywain2-10 whenever you need to like in the housing area and you are buying gear or what not.

Ui is dated but its managable. I never used and UI programs so I dont know if there is any. The UI is clean enough once you get used to it.

If you get past the fact that casters get interrupted whenever they are damaged, unless you queue up a quickcast which you need to learn about youll really love the game. To level the fastest, and it is really fast, try a Necro(Albs) or a Vampiir(Hibs) or even a Heretic(Albs) as they all level fast. Any class can solo level with task dungeons pretty quick some just with a bit of downtime. Once you learn where to hunt on a Necro and find all your levels undead mob camps they are zero downtime speed levelers like mad and alot of fun imo.

God I love that game im gonna resub I think and play my Thane. Or Heretic. Vampiir. Hunter. Friar. Bonedancer. Bonedancers are great levelers on Mid side also. I miss DaoC =(((

• QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683

Graphics: For its age, they are very good, but again, it is rather old.

Centered around PvP Endgame: Yep, its all about RvR

PvE dungeons or server: I think its called Gaharis, and its PvE only. And not a bad server back when I played.

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• kinky10kinky10 Member UncommonPosts: 215

Cheer's download nearly done so will see what it's like shorlty

• kinky10kinky10 Member UncommonPosts: 215

Just made a new char on the co-op server.

Quite like it.

Graphics impressed me altough it doesn't seem to remember by resolution setting util after the char creations screen

I made an elf archer and went over the bridge, I need to play around with it but I like it so far.

I've noticed that when I fire my arrows it seems to take a while to get the shot off, for some reason I don't have a casting or timer bar, is there any way to tell this or to speed things up?

Also do chars ever put their weapons on their back or is it just their side...I have a thing about seeing a shield on my toons back (I think it looks great)?

I'm going to play with a few other chars to get a feel but so far so good :)