Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

They do exist, at least according to Damion

whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Before you ask, Yes this needed it's own thread.

No, I don't see this as a unique feature.

No i don't think it's going to cater to that particular "group" of people.

No you can't play a kid.

Okay with that out of the way and many scartching their heads, let me show the quote which may make you go, oh now i understand why he said those

DamionSchubert

General Discussion -> Will there be Children/Younglings??

Yes, we have a smattering of NPC children throughout the galaxy, sometimes as key people in plots.

No, we do not have schoolyards full of Force-sensitive toddlers, readily available for Sith to grind up their dark side score.

Apparently kids do play a part in this game, I remember a while back someone asking (not sure if here or on swtor.com) if there would be kids in the game.  Apparently there is.

Note: if you still don't understand the answers, here are the questions

Did this really need it's own thread?

Do you know this isn't the first MMO to have children in it.?

So is this game now catering to "those" type of people?

Can you play as a kid in this game?

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

Comments

• inBOILinBOIL Member Posts: 669

Did he/she mention anything about adults ?

Generation P

• MMOrUSMMOrUS Member Posts: 414

And?

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Originally posted by MMOrUS

And?

and it's a interesting tid bit.

It's nice to see they remembered there are suppose to be kids in the worlds they create.

That it feels more like a realistic world.

That it's information that some may be interested in.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Thinking back, the complete lack of kids in most MMO's I have played always did annoy me.  Not enough to say it was a bad game because of it, but it annoyed me none the less.  It is nice to see that SWTOR will actually be addressing this issue in a small way.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Originally posted by GMan3

Thinking back, the complete lack of kids in most MMO's I have played always did annoy me.  Not enough to say it was a bad game because of it, but it annoyed me none the less.  It is nice to see that SWTOR will actually be addressing this issue in a small way.

You know, I never even thought about that until you mentioned it, but you're right. Children would make the game world seem more realistic and alive. One other thing I notice is that NPCs are just standing around still. I see this in every game; you're running along a path and every NPC you pass by is just standing there not moving.Few people stand that still with no movement. Usually they're always doing SOMETHING that requires movement be it reading a book, flipping a coin or even making eye contact with you and following your every movement. 

It's nice that at least in this game I'll get to see them interact with my character when I click on them for the cutscene. Hopefully one day that will get expanded on so that the world isn't filled with statues that disperse text.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Going a bit off topic, but (and no i can't remember where i heard it) someone said the reason they didn't want quest people walking around and doing their daily lives is because then it would be hard to find them because you would have to remember their itenerary and most people would find that annoying to have to track down every single npc, everytime they wanted to talk to them.

Thus they stand still.  In my opinion i think they should always be near the area but not in one spot. So they look like they are cooking or cleaning or working a shop or whatever else.

Anways back to the post as i don't want to derail my own thread.

I am glad they are doing this, and they're being careful what you can do with these kids. No kiling them to get dark sided points, because thats just generally frowned upon in at least US society.

Still it's good to see them walking around, it at least gives the feeling of a more living breathing world.   I mean if time is pasing people are suppose to have kids, at least somewhere.  Otherwise you got the chitty chitty bang bang effect (wow i'm old :P) and it looks weird not to see one single kid...anywhere.

It's not the oh my gawd thats the most amazing feature in the world, but i do think it's a feature many games leave out and i don't think it's right that they do.

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679