Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problems downloading

Andrew99Andrew99 Member Posts: 8

I really wanted to try the free 10 days. This sounds like a game I'd like to play but the choices of places to download are problem childs.

Firstly I used the fileplanet spot and tells me I need to wait 3hrs to until it begins downloading me. So then a day later I'm still waiting. Feeling a bit anxious I go ahead and hop out of what they call a "waiting line" just to try again to see if I did something wrong.

Next I feel really stupid because going back I see there is another U.S. server that I can use; the "Dome of York" link is where I go and there is no wait I download the files with ease and quickness. Finally I go to install it and what to my surprise? The file has been declared corrupted! So I thought I'd see if any of you have any ideas or experienced anything similar to shed some light. If not I guess I'll just try something else.

Comments

• superhero13superhero13 Member Posts: 170

Dont waste your time man. Im serious, the game isnt worth all that effort.

• MasentajaMasentaja Member Posts: 31
    I never had such problems, I recall i just hitted some mirror link, and pressed download and waited 16 hours image

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by Andrew99
    I really wanted to try the free 10 days. This sounds like a game I'd like to play but the choices of places to download are problem childs.
    Firstly I used the fileplanet spot and tells me I need to wait 3hrs to until it begins downloading me. So then a day later I'm still waiting. Feeling a bit anxious I go ahead and hop out of what they call a "waiting line" just to try again to see if I did something wrong.
    Next I feel really stupid because going back I see there is another U.S. server that I can use; the "Dome of York" link is where I go and there is no wait I download the files with ease and quickness. Finally I go to install it and what to my surprise? The file has been declared corrupted! So I thought I'd see if any of you have any ideas or experienced anything similar to shed some light. If not I guess I'll just try something else.

I don't beleive there are a whole lot of Neocron players left to answer questions actually. I tried it, was a very horrible experience, and I went out and got the box version! Game was ok, after I finally got in and working.

- Fadeus Hawkwood

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• ezzaezza Member Posts: 88

Originally posted by Andrew99

cant help with this, but you might want to post on the offical forum under the noobie section someone there should have the answers, not many people here now that actually play the game, best going to the NC home were you have people who enjoy the game and happy to help you