Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Forsaken World servers under attack

newbismnewbism Member Posts: 39

I've been playing FW since it's recent release.  For the last two days two of the servers (east coast) have been under a DDoS attack by someone.  Servers have been crashing and everyone getting disconected. 

What you all think? I've never seen this before in a mmo

Comments

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

It means Forsaken World's developers left a loopHole within their servers (either leaving them on the same server as their forums, or leaving a sendPacket command for logging in without a re-login timer) etc etc.

Anytime an MMO can be DDOS'ed "heavily", it measn the developers are novice or unprofessional. Sorry you're having such a hard time playing a game you obviously enjoy :'(!

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

maybe its just problems with the server?, but if its a DDoS then oh well....

• drake_hounddrake_hound Member Posts: 773

Honestly If a group who wants to do a DOS attack , there isn´t a company in the world nowadays who can stop it .

Truth if paypall and amazon couldn´t survive there DOS attack , before giving in .

Then bet you small company can´t even compare to that .

Main Reason of the DOS attack is simple , too many zombie computers , the net is made up of 65%+ zombie computers.

One of the reason FBI wants there own intranet in USA aside from information control .

Cause the nerd rage over 1 week without internet would be greater then a intranet who still runs on .

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

I experienced these problems as well, but only when I connected wirelessly.  I switched to wired connection and the issues dissappeared.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?