Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR Release Date?

Hi, sorry if this is a silly question but does anyone know of the release date for TOR? I've read spring 2011, but I can't see that happening. Anyone have a good idea when they think it will be out?

Comments

• WalterWhiteWalterWhite Member UncommonPosts: 411

It was said that it wouldn't be releashed before July now but no date has been given as of yet.

• banksy18banksy18 Member Posts: 9

Thanks for the heads up. I hope I get a simular feeling playing TOR as I did pre CU SWG! Loved that game.

Couldn't beat it!

• drake_hounddrake_hound Member Posts: 773

Nope probaly that feeling is gone , here is my speculation how first month of SWTOR is .

Everybody is busy leveling , story arcs keep people happy , complaints that people don´t social interact with eachother in cities.

Wait 2 months before you even get the social interaction that SWG was .

People expecting those kind of SWG or EQ interaction are nowadays outdated .

I honestly believe it won´t excist anymore .

If social interaction you mean general trade banter , well then no need to look far .

• banksy18banksy18 Member Posts: 9

It would be nice if people could just enjoy games rather have negativity swirling above their heads these days (Especially with MMO's). Nice prediction though lol. Let's hope it's awesome :)

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Originally posted by banksy18

Hi, sorry if this is a silly question but does anyone know of the release date for TOR? I've read spring 2011, but I can't see that happening. Anyone have a good idea when they think it will be out?

Sometime financial year 2011 after Q1 Before Q4 is whats being banded around and the best statement to be found from EA

• theratmonkeytheratmonkey Member Posts: 684

I think they're probably going to release late summer/early fall. They've stated they will release the game this year, but I have a feeling that they won't release it very close to Mass Effect 3 (Which comes out at the end of the year).

The reason I think this is simple: They can maximize their profits with Bioware fans. Instead of picking between ME3 and SWTOR, people can play SWTOR and they get some bank before the release of ME3, and then get some more bank.

It's just a guess. Either way, I think SWTOR will either be released before or right after ME3.

Groovy.