Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Newtonian Space Flight, or just action based?

JonathJCenJonathJCen Member UncommonPosts: 202

Hello all,

I have a question regarding the space flight dynamics in Black Prophecy, one that has not seemed to be addressed, surprisingly.

I'm assuming that Black Prophecy is largely focused more on an action-twitch engine and less on a real space-sim, however there are other space based MMO's in development (perpetually, it seems) that offer up the option for Newtonian space travel. For those that do not understand, previous space sims, such as freelancer, have offered up an option to disengage your ship's "inertia dampeners," allowing for a more realistic space flight model. I'm wondering, are there any such options taken into consideration in Black Prophecy?

Comments

• SwagsurfinSwagsurfin Member Posts: 29

Not that I've seen, it's more action based. There's a first person cockpit view but your essentially flying around with WASD and Q and E to roll, targeting with T and shooting witht the mouse and 12345 There's a bunch of different parts, skills and what have you like in EVE, but it's more action, it's pretty fun though

• EvileEvile Member Posts: 534

Vendetta has Newt

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

From my beta experience: WASD movement in 3D space, no inertia at all.

It felt very unnatural but that might be my control preference only.

• CraveModeCraveMode Member UncommonPosts: 31

It is inbetween reality and "fun". You move where you look usually, you can strafe left and right so it feels more like a first person shooter and that also makes it more challenging when pvping as you can not predict the movement due to momentum of a player changing direction. There are also "Tactics" you put points in.. to give key combos to stop on a dime, do a sudden U-turn, speed boots, zig-zag, ect.

The game is instance heavy, meaning you can't fly continuously to another sector, you are limited to what sectors you go to until you get higher level.

It is fun, there are clan stations, over all... it is a decent game for F2P.

Tactical Terror
    Facebook / Twitter
    No Mercy. No Remorse. Just Business.

• RabiatorRabiator Member Posts: 358

For those who know Freelancer, it is quite similar if you use the mouse to fly. The mouse cursor aims the guns within a cone before the ship, and also steers the ship.

WASD is also available, but to me it feels inferior. Have not tried joystick yet.

Physics wise, there is not much feeling of inertia. Accelerating and braking takes some time, but when turning, the ship moves like it was on rails. There is no "sliding around".

• RagnavenRagnaven Member Posts: 483

you could do newtonian flight in freelancer, you hit the engine kill and you would keep on flying with inertia and could flip around your fighter to shoot behind you while you kept going the other way.