Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Earthrise" the state of the game.

2»

Comments

• nolfnolf Member UncommonPosts: 869

Originally posted by Hellfyre420

Originally posted by nolf

Originally posted by cyrician

No i dont think that was the case in this instance i think it is an indie developer that got a little over thier heads the scary thing is i heard a rumour tht these guys might be making the new fallout mmo.

In all honesty they are trying and the game has good points.

The new fallout MMO is going to be made on the ER engine.  The whole ER thing kind of felt like HJ to me.  Like the game went into development for the sole purpose of selling the engine.  In the case of HJ and the Hero Engine getting Licenced to BioWare (for TOR), the game went *poof*.  After its all said and done, they will make their money from the licensing not their game.  ER's engine goes to another well-established IP (okay so not QUITE the IP that SW is...) in Fallout, and the game comes out unfinished and unplayable by most.

I don't know how much a company stands to make in licensing an engine to a major IP MMO vs. how much they spend "developing" and creating hype for the game they made on it, but the way ER & HJ played out I get the feeling they make way more licensing than they spend taking a dump on MMO players.

When Interplay sold Bthesda the Fallout IP they witheld the rights to a "Fallout MMO", IMO just incase Fallout 3 ended up being a success they could release a half ass Fallout MMO and piggy back some money out of it.. Well, Fallout 3 did end up being a success, but Interplay being as broke as they are couldn't afford the MMO, and they only had a year or so to deliver up some goods saying the MMO was being worked on, otherwise Bthesda can relinquish the rights back.

Weeks after Bthesda filed to the courts saying Interplay wasn't working on the Fallout MMO and didn't have the proper funds to make a Fallout MMORPG in the future anyways.. What does Interplay do? They post up one or two concept arts and the judge denies Bthesda's case.. Interplay IMO probably then went onto the market and bought out the cheapest engine they could so it'd only make it look like they were indeed working hard on the Fallout MMO.. IMO if the Fallout MMO ever does release it'll suck, and it'll do exactly what Bthesda is scared of and actually damage the Fallout IP.

First off, respect!  That was an informative and intelligible post, a rare commodity these days!

Secondly, I had no idea.  I had heard about Interplay and Bthedsa were kind of fighting over the rights, but other than having heard that I knew nothing about it.  Based on what you've said, I would have to agree about the potential craptasticness of what will probably never be anyway.  The things you mentioned aside, I can't say I have a whole lot of faith in the engine itself either if ER can be used as any kind of measure for that.

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.

• cyriciancyrician Member UncommonPosts: 189

"State of the game updated"

Now I have now been playing Earthrise on and off for the last week and a bit the game has survived another deadly patch and the Dev's have finialy released plans to address some of the underlining Issues.

I played Last night for about 2 hours got talking to one of the older players he agreed that there was a lack of real content and i am plesently supprised to see on the forums that the dev team has held off some updates to do some serious testing on them before adding them to the current build.

I have not at all lost total faith in this game and the hour or so i played the other night was very enjoyable. ( I mannaged to get tier 2 armor.)

The inclusion of quests and content over the next month acording to the Dev's Will be a welcome addition as well as the addition of vehicals(witch the game seriously needs as the world is very big.)

The game is playable though to be honnest i dont think they can at this stage justify a sescription luckerly enough i still have 30days free play time.

Lag still plagues the game and my little bought of pvp last night was almost useless as the lag was quite bad by that time of night.

Crafting still is a pleasure and the dev's have promised more PVE in thre game as presently the quests are far and few between .( I have been doing the same quests over and over from the semi starter town.)

So as hope is restored to this game we will see over the next 20 or so days how it evolves.

At present it is reaching a 6.5 if they mannage to get rid of the lag issues. Again this could be a 9.0 if they fixed all the issues that plague the game  Only time will tell.

Current games;
    Star treck online
    Rift
    Eve online
    Firefall

Hello all

Unfortanly i have canceled my Earthrise sescription after weighing up the sate of the game and the huge number of mmorpg's i am playing at present the game just wasnt worth it $ wise.

I thankyou for lissening to my thread and for all your comments.

As of now I play 5 mmo's so having earthrise as the 6th wasnt a good idea. I do Strongly recomentd the following games.

Eve online (been playing for almost 2 years now)

STO /Champions online  ( Sto is brilliant and is alot of fun champions online is the same engine but its free to a point)

Rift ( Really enjoying has lasted longer on my machine then WOW did witch was the worste game i have ever played just good marketing)

Dragonage 2 (because I can )

Until i try the next game out peace all.

Current games;
    Star treck online
    Rift
    Eve online
    Firefall

• drake_hounddrake_hound Member Posts: 773

Originally posted by Hellfyre420

No i dont think that was the case in this instance i think it is an indie developer that got a little over thier heads the scary thing is i heard a rumour tht these guys might be making the new fallout mmo.

In all honesty they are trying and the game has good points.

The new fallout MMO is going to be made on the ER engine.  The whole ER thing kind of felt like HJ to me.  Like the game went into development for the sole purpose of selling the engine.  In the case of HJ and the Hero Engine getting Licenced to BioWare (for TOR), the game went *poof*.  After its all said and done, they will make their money from the licensing not their game.  ER's engine goes to another well-established IP (okay so not QUITE the IP that SW is...) in Fallout, and the game comes out unfinished and unplayable by most.

I don't know how much a company stands to make in licensing an engine to a major IP MMO vs. how much they spend "developing" and creating hype for the game they made on it, but the way ER & HJ played out I get the feeling they make way more licensing than they spend taking a dump on MMO players.

When Interplay sold Bthesda the Fallout IP they witheld the rights to a "Fallout MMO", IMO just incase Fallout 3 ended up being a success they could release a half ass Fallout MMO and piggy back some money out of it.. Well, Fallout 3 did end up being a success, but Interplay being as broke as they are couldn't afford the MMO, and they only had a year or so to deliver up some goods saying the MMO was being worked on, otherwise Bthesda can relinquish the rights back.

Weeks after Bthesda filed to the courts saying Interplay wasn't working on the Fallout MMO and didn't have the proper funds to make a Fallout MMORPG in the future anyways.. What does Interplay do? They post up one or two concept arts and the judge denies Bthesda's case.. Interplay IMO probably then went onto the market and bought out the cheapest engine they could so it'd only make it look like they were indeed working hard on the Fallout MMO.. IMO if the Fallout MMO ever does release it'll suck, and it'll do exactly what Bthesda is scared of and actually damage the Fallout IP.

First off, respect!  That was an informative and intelligible post, a rare commodity these days!

Secondly, I had no idea.  I had heard about Interplay and Bthedsa were kind of fighting over the rights, but other than having heard that I knew nothing about it.  Based on what you've said, I would have to agree about the potential craptasticness of what will probably never be anyway.  The things you mentioned aside, I can't say I have a whole lot of faith in the engine itself either if ER can be used as any kind of measure for that.

They are still fighting it out , at the cost of the fan , but I isn´t that ER engine cannot do it .

Infact seeing ER engine postive sides , it would make one heck of Fallout MMO .

The problem is funding , Interplay should either properly fund it , and make masthead go PvE for additional cash .

While masthead has a pure PvP point of view , It is not that masthead is a bad developer .

The backbone of any MMO lately cost a lot , I am not kidding what people take for granted in WoW took them 3 years to build , the backbone , the customer support accountacy etc etc  , infact of all companies  currently Blizzard has the best backbone in place .

I still have to see one that can beat that kind of backbone (not wow the game) . Merger with Activision did there backbone more good then harm . Activision had a very good backbone , just no good products .or ruined there products >.< .

• AnimeiAnimei Member Posts: 13

But Earthrise does its best to deliver a good first impression, immersing players in its sci-fi universe with sleek, high-tech equipment, seamlessly blended techno/metal soundtracks, and varied futuristic landscapes. The only hiccup in the visuals department comes in the form of awkward jump animations and missing animation transitions.

• AyonarAyonar Member Posts: 44

Id really like to try out Earthrise, but not sure if i want to invest the full price without trying it out, due to the very mixed feelings ive seen on the game. Anyone know of any trials or buddy keys available?

Currently Playing : Rift, EQ2
    Has Played: Anarchy Online, SWG(Pre NGE refugee), DAoC, EQ1, EQ2, Lineage 2, CoH, CoV, Horizons, AoC, FFXI, FFXIV, Aion, WoW, DCUO, Matrix Online, Vanguard, Tabula Rasa, LotRo, Fallen Earth, Shadowbane, EQoA, ArchLord

• CavadusCavadus Member UncommonPosts: 707

Originally posted by Ayonar

Anyone know of any trials or buddy keys available?

Nope, no trial or buddy keys.

For Anyone wanting to try out Earthrise I would wait for a month or so the player base when i was playing was mabyee 10 people , I did hear they had another patch i nthe works i am heading to Xsyon Online to have a look at it.

Current games;
    Star treck online
    Rift
    Eve online
    Firefall

• intoExileintoExile Member Posts: 48

If you dont want to pay the full price pst the hundreds of people that are quiting and maybe you can strike up some kind of deal........ maybe...... uknowhatI'msayun.

This game had little content and serious issues in the end just one huge grind.

Current games;
    Star treck online
    Rift
    Eve online
    Firefall

• mo0rbidmo0rbid Member Posts: 363

grind is actually very small compared to other mmorpgs. I became pvp viable after a week and killed and dueled veteran players. I have played for 1 1/2 week now, very fun game

• DeathTouchDeathTouch Member UncommonPosts: 508

Originally posted by mo0rbid

grind is actually very small compared to other mmorpgs. I became pvp viable after a week and killed and dueled veteran players. I have played for 1 1/2 week now, very fun game

none of this tells us the state of the game... just necroing a thread to necro or can you offer actuall info on the state of game play now?

• LordRelicLordRelic Member Posts: 281

was this not one of the games, alot of ppl on these forums were like  " omg, this is going to be the best game ever!!!11111!!"

you know like mortal online was and dark fall  and all those other "hardcore" games.

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604

im actually kind of curious about how it is now.  Its cheap but all the horror stories from its release still make me hesistant

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Locking thread due to necro posting.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.