Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

been about 3 years and I'm having fond memories of SWG

I've been thinking about returning to my original server, Bria.  Is the game still alive?

Comments

• Trident9259Trident9259 Member UncommonPosts: 860

its half alive.

most servers are dead or have been closed down; and the ones that are not are going through a slow agonizing death. 

many of us will log in on the last day before they pull the plug - probably around the time the old republic releases. 

• FalseProphetFalseProphet Member Posts: 19

are there current plans to pull the plug...is there a date?

• pirateshakepirateshake Member Posts: 43

I also miss this game and will shed a small tear when it goes offline. I still have 24 free month cards from when gamestop was giving them out with a preorder of one of the expansions. Oh the perks of once being a store manager

• Trident9259Trident9259 Member UncommonPosts: 860

Originally posted by FalseProphet

are there current plans to pull the plug...is there a date?

there is no date yet.

but knowing SOE, they will announce it shortly before they pull the plug.

and they will probably try and sell TCG or some cheap loot in game en-masse before they do. 

but word is that there are no more than 5000 unique accounts left. 

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

They probably wait with deciding about SWG after SWTOR releases. If the forums are any indication then many players will leave for SWTOR. (General Star Wars section on official forums)

Without a solution to bring in new players, I dont see SWG stay after SWTOR. Maybe they can use a solution like a hybrid payment model as EQ2X has.