Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not too bad

YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Tried the game for a few hours. Registration was quick and the download not all that long. The game seems very new player friendly and getting levels, at low levels anyway, seems quite fast.

However the game got that cheap F2P feel to it. Gfx are dated and the sound is craptastic, UI not all that good either. However it is not a bad game to try as it is free and easy to get into. However being a PvP focused game it should provide instanced Battlegrounds so you dont have to do endless PvE quests to level.

But still, not all that bad. Try it.

Comments

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by Robokapp

does it offer anything we havent experienced already in other mmo's?

what reason would a player have to pick this game over the other available ones?

I havent experienced it yet, but the reason I picked it up is because of the promise of advanced RvR with 7 factions and the possibility for your guild to form an alliance to build castles. But as I have not experienced it I cannot say how well it works.

In any case this game is mainly for PvP so if you are looking for PvE for sure this is not the game you should play.

• zookeeperzzookeeperz Member Posts: 1

Amazing. You comment on many areas of a game you barely scratch the surface of. There is plenty of pve and pvp. what ever floats your boat. There are normal mobs roaming the countryside from level 1 to level 115 .Also many are located in dimly lit mines.Others are found in instances which there are plenty and cater for levels 20-90 which is the current level cap. There are realm Pvp,legion pvp and 7 realm pvp battles  3 days a week. If you have the inclination and audacity you can also invade other realms as and when you wish and just lay waste to the general population until overwhelming forces inevitably will force you to home res. You can own your own houses which give you a multitude of different buffs starting at level 1 for example The balance of 3 realms buff will give +500 to attack and +2500 at level 5. there are 6 different buffs available including a personal lamp meditation buff to a max of 260 points depending which buff you chose. There a guilds as always and these guild join together and become legions but still holding its own guild status. The legion has a camp of its own . It has its own mine,jeweler,material melder,potion maker. Leader of the legion has his own personal Guards x3 Deputies get x2. Normally archers and mages. Ultimate goal is to get the legion facilities to level 5 and guild level 5. Then you can have your very own kingdom. So imagine everything you see in the game as you normally would as you play but you the legion leader own it and you are king. You decide who comes in and who goes out. Oh and there is also kingship battles. If your not happy with your king and you think your tough enough and can do a better job then you can fight for the kingship. A word of caution PVP below level 90 is pretty much suicidal such is the nature of the game and its characters. I am sorry if its not an in depth look at this game but it brushes over a few Questions that may or may not be asked. I have played a few games like Guild wars,loong,silkroad,jade dinasty,diablo,etc.   its a 6/10 but better than all the previous mentioned for me personally but you decide for yourself. Horses for coursesimage

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by zookeeperz

Amazing. You comment on many areas of a game you barely scratch the surface of. There is plenty of pve and pvp. what ever floats your boat. There are normal mobs roaming the countryside from level 1 to level 115 .Also many are located in dimly lit mines.Others are found in instances which there are plenty and cater for levels 20-90 which is the current level cap.

There are realm Pvp,legion pvp and 7 realm pvp battles  3 days a week. If you have the inclination and audacity you can also invade other realms as and when you wish and just lay waste to the general population until overwhelming forces inevitably will force you to home res.

You can own your own houses which give you a multitude of different buffs starting at level 1 for example The balance of 3 realms buff will give +500 to attack and +2500 at level 5. there are 6 different buffs available including a personal lamp meditation buff to a max of 260 points depending which buff you chose.

There a guilds as always and these guild join together and become legions but still holding its own guild status. The legion has a camp of its own . It has its own mine,jeweler,material melder,potion maker. Leader of the legion has his own personal Guards x3 Deputies get x2. Normally archers and mages.

Ultimate goal is to get the legion facilities to level 5 and guild level 5. Then you can have your very own kingdom. So imagine everything you see in the game as you normally would as you play but you the legion leader own it and you are king. You decide who comes in and who goes out.

Oh and there is also kingship battles. If your not happy with your king and you think your tough enough and can do a better job then you can fight for the kingship.

A word of caution PVP below level 90 is pretty much suicidal such is the nature of the game and its characters.

I am sorry if its not an in depth look at this game but it brushes over a few Questions that may or may not be asked. I have played a few games like Guild wars,loong,silkroad,jade dinasty,diablo,etc.   its a 6/10 but better than all the previous mentioned for me personally but you decide for yourself. Horses for coursesimage

Divided his post in paragraphs to make it atleast barely readable.

• strangerdangstrangerdang Member Posts: 233

TBH he did you a big favor by making your block of text at least reader friendly.

Either way your doing the game a disservice comming on these forums and acting all mad because someone didnt give the game a fawning review.

People shouldnt have to play the game for years in order to qualify for a review of what they played, if he didnt like the game and only scratched the surface, his review is legit, as most people wont suffer though a game they dont like long enough to qualify by your standards as being permitted to give a review.

Use paragraphs and make your posts legible and more people will read them, just a tip, and people will be more willing to try a game supported by nice people, rather than people who get terribly mad at others mentioning things that are anything but "OMG this is the greatest game ever".

So like the people asked, and now im asking, what does this game bring to the table that will overcome its cheap f2p feel, low quality sound and interface?

Is this just a game that promotes pro-cash shop frenzy good players banding togethers into an unbeatable zerg aganst free players and the small niche guilds?

How does this game seperate itself from the hordes of similair looking f2p games?  How does it compare to seemingly superior in every way p2p games?

Throw us a bone here.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

Asking again ...any now info in this game ?

• GamerBumGamerBum Member Posts: 5

Sorry folks, this is long.  If you want to skip my input on what this thread already has, just go down, and down, and downnnn, to my Review.  :)

Q: So like the people asked, and now im asking, what does this game bring to the table that will overcome its cheap f2p feel, low quality sound and interface?

A: Not much.

Q: Is this just a game that promotes pro-cash shop frenzy good players banding togethers into an unbeatable zerg aganst free players and the small niche guilds?

A: No, it's not "just" that.  Smart, experienced gamers can compete with cash shoppers.

Q: How does this game seperate itself from the hordes of similair looking f2p games?

A: I'm sorry, I don't think I'm qualified to make that assessment.  I'm the type of player that tends to focus on one game at a time.  I wanted a game I could get in on the "ground level".  For about three years I searched for a f2p in beta/newly released.  I'd guesstimate I'd uninstalled about 50 games after 2 hours to two days, until King of Kings 3 - KoK3.  The only short way I can answer that question is saying that after nearly 12 months I still haven't uninstalled the game.

Q: How does it compare to seemingly superior in every way p2p games?

A: It can't.  Host Gamigo leases, the Thai version is about 4 years old, which probably puts the origin of  development at borderline vintage era.

Yamota's original post was 100% accurate.  However, I wouldn't say endless PvE questing is required to level.   Regarding his second post:  Despite two of the 7 Realms being drastically underpopulated (mostly due to "recommended languages" for Realms), many of the Realm Wars conclude by timing out after what can be pretty intense 1 hr 30 min periods.  Some Realm wars suck, but just the thought of the some of the best ones while writing here has me literally with goose-bumps.   Building 'castles' a.k.a Kingdoms, is a large effort, but fun and worthwhile.

Last comment on Yamota's posts, that if you are looking for a PvE game this isn't the one... I would say the opposite is true.

The post beginning with the alleged criticism of the OP, zookeeperz, was 100% accurate, as well.  From Oct 2010, it's a little dated.  The first major expansion 2_May brought the level cap to 140.

King of Kings 3 Review

The game contains everything you'd expect from an aged, leased, f2p:  bugs, slow to never fixes, dated graphics, less than optimal mechanics, tons of typanese, lag issues, class imbalance, you name it.  On the upside, the Staff actually does listen to players, even if some of the responses are the same canned BS.  A major game component was modified by player demand, and some less than major accomodations, which puts the company a step above most, in my opinion.

KoK3 is a quest-oriented PvP game.  PvP in itself does not provide exp, but there are other rewards unique to PvP.  There is a wide assortment of Daily quests, Guild, Legion and Kingdom quests,  "Adventure Quests" which can be done by using a daily amount of level based points received, and of course the individual players Quest list.  Players can also get rather absurd amounts of experience by killing monsters in Kingdom Habitats (monster farm inside, and owned by a Kingdom).  However, spawning mobs must be paid for, and at higher levels it's not cheap.

CLASSES:  Three basic to choose from - Mage, Cleric, and Warrior.  Each of  these has a choice of three class paths, and in turn they each have another choice of three paths, for a total of 27 classes.  There are no hybrids or cross-breeds, you are what you are.  The current level cap is 140.  All skills will be available once the cap is raised to 180+.

MAPS:  Currently, there's easily over 70 maps, with more to come with future.  While many of the maps are nothing new, same old sand and dirt to lush greenery, some of them provide some interesting (and annoying) challenges.  Whatever your  likes or dislikes, you'll find maps you'll simply love, and hate....  And with that many maps, you'll find a pretty diverse assortment of mobs.

The guild system allows players to level up a Guild, then create a Legion, which can in turn recruit other Guilds.  Legions can be leveled in order to create a Kingdom.  The tier system does not extend, it simply becomes Guilds within the Kingdom.  At this point, Kingdoms are limited to level one.

Players can have individual housing, Legions can have a camp and create useful buildings, and Kingdoms have their own city and more buildings available.  Kingdoms, and a monster farm they can create, are both full sized maps.  Kingdom members can earn the right to relocate their personal dwelling to the Kingdom if they wish.

Mounts are diverse, although the 'flying' mounts are simply flying animations with the same movement as normal mounts.  There is also a variety of attack and defense mount gear with level ranges, bonuses for the mount, and the player.  There are currently over 20 mounts available, ranging from basic npc purchased mount, a lame quest reward mount, to better class specific, Realm specific,  and Kingdom mounts.  Of course, there are some promotional cash shop mounts from time to time, but appearance is the only difference bought.  Future expansions will expand mount systems further.

My Top 3 Downfalls:   First, the current level cap is 140, and classes are pretty unbalanced, in some part due to skills, others due to OP summons.  Player stupidity and false assumptions only compound the problem, allowing griefers to reach maximum volume even if you take away their Caps Lock keys.  I.e.,  I spend two-thousand USD and still suck.  While making some great adjustments for balance during the level 90 cap period, the company has done nothing but tell players the "game isn't all here yet" and they should wait until all the skills to 180 are available.  My guess would December 2011 at the earliest, so it's just a waiting game for this supposed self-correction to occur.

Second biggest would be the lopsided cash player advantage, but it can be overcome. Third, the lack of uncorrected "typos"

Why play?  Despite the vulgar cesspool most realm chat channels have become due to lack of in-game GM monitoring, and word filters that don't filter words you can get banned for using, there's a great community.  The game has a nearly endless learning curve.  In almost a year, I still learn new things almost daily, and my life accomodates a rather large amount of gaming hours.  And the cap is 140, while the Thai cap is 230, so I know I have lot more to experience and learn.  The gear system is unrivaled for a f2p, maybe even vs. p2p's.   No way you find 2 capped players, even of the same class, wearing the same thing.  It can actually be difficult to decide what and how to gear your toon.  Due a rather werid currency system, players who play entirely free can get ANYTHING a cash player can get.  Yes it's work, but the important thing is it's possible at all.  You can wipe and reclass, keeping your level, to any of the other classes.  You can do so without real money, using currency provided as a monthly pay to any player belonging to a guild.  The game is dynamic.  Sadly, there isn't any real territory or property to change hands, other than a "guild npc" which can be fought for, and scenery doesn't change.  The growth of Guilds, Legions, Kingdoms, owned buildings and upgrades to those buildings - teamwork oriented efforts and concepts,  keeps adding growth and change to the way the game is played, and what individual players can achieve.   Having seen many players who left return after periods of time, they all seem amazed and rather lost, as if starting a new game, as a result of all that's changed in a few months.

holy hell that was long....

bookmarked,  I'll check back and answer any questions sometime

You can find me in game, New World realm, just ask for someone to help you find Binky

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

How is crafting ?.....I LOVE GOOD CRAFTING

Is there looting of other players ?   I SURE HOPE NOT

thanks for the great post made earlier

• GamerBumGamerBum Member Posts: 5

Crafting... well, I commented I believe  the gear system is unrivaled, for sure in any f2p I've even read about.  So you're asking about a subject I could easily write about non-stop into next week.  xD  

To start with, crafting is basic.  Have material and money, talk to npc, select item, click go.  There is no failure.  There is no failure, as in breaking, permanently losing an item - huge point in game favor for me.

Creating good high quality stuff is hard, and can be tons of works for one item. Depending on class, there are 18-19 gear slots.  There's six material types of gear and four quality grades of gear that can result from crafting.  However,  the highest quality is drop only (no idea if that will change someday).  Gear has it's basic stats, random bonus stats, and an additional possibility of getting a random quality of  Resonance, where you match gear with another piece in a chain for additional bonuses.  Existing gear can also modified in attempts to change the basic, bonus, or resonance stats and qualities.  Gear level 121, any gear excluding 2-handers, can even be converted: i.e., you can get a 135 wand and turn it into a 135 sword, axe, bow, etc.   (If a player were to change from an armor wearing class, to a cloth wearing class that can't equip armor, this is the smart players favorite npc to start with.)  Gear can also be dismantled, although the return is usually pathetic.  

That highlights most of the basics, but there's more, and that doesn't touch on the upgrade system, which is far more extensive.  There are items other than gear that be crafted: potions, a stat bonus badge, items that can be used for gear upgrades, costume gear... I'm sure there's one or two I'm forgetting.  It's not a very intricate process to initially create items, but overall I haven't heard a single person ever say one negative word about the crafting & upgrade system.  That excludes complaints about the outcome, success rates, alleged bugs (I've never seen a regular occuring problem that can be recreated), and hypothetical discussion of "new and improved" which are generally fantasy-like in nature.  lol

Looting of other players.  Yes and No.

Yes - If someone kills a player from their own realm their name turns red, which really stands out.... While red, players drop gear and items upon death.  

No - It's easy to avoid pk'ing realm members, and there's no reward for it, unless someone considers people trying to farm them rewarding.  Gear and items are 'soulbound', or not, and bound items can't drop.  It's easy to make all your gear bound, so there's no excuse for losing gear, other than lack of knowing how it works.

EDIT:  Never mentioned there's no exp loss, for death, or any other reason.  Another plus in my book.