Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone Still Playing This?

PainbringerPainbringer Member Posts: 63

It's been a month, and nothing has been said about LU during that time.

Either people have forgotten about it, or are so busy playing it that they have no time for mmorpg.com (yeah right).

So tell me, is this game any good (enough to try), or does it just plain suck?

Also, I would like to know the current user rating for this game (on mmorpg.com), but there just aren't enough votes.

Comments

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

I picked the game up a week ago to play with my 6 year old son.  We have played it a lot over the last week and are having a good time.  I like the graphics and the animations of the little lego people are very cute sometimes.  If you are looking for a game to play with your kids, i recommend this one for the following:

1. Great screening tools, all names and chat have to be approved before using so you wont see bad or stupid things like you do in other games.

2. It is somehtng that can be jumped into and played for a short time and have fun, there are mini-games like racing and cannon shooting and survival that can be fun.

3. Each person gets a little instance of land to build on and you can build some awesome stuff.  You can also visit other peoples locations to get ideas.  A persons location has to be approved by a GM before becoming available to be seen publically and each time a change is made, it has to be reviewed again so there is no chance of walking into a giant lego penis.

4. The missions are fairly well laid out with different areas to visit and different challenges.

On the bad side...

1. Some missions do not give a very good description of what should be done or what they need

2. You can burn through all the content pretty fast, 30 days or so and be left with nothing but mini-games and building on your location. 

3. Once you pick a faction, you are stuck with it.  We found the Explorers sucked hard and after spending a few days leveling, we deleted our guys are rolled new Paradox guys and are having much more fun.

4. A lack of documentation.  I had trouble figuring out how to change instances to meet up with my son as an example.  The forums are also heavily moderated and each post gets checked before showing up so there is a bit of lead time needed to get a post to show up on the boards.

Its not bad if you want something to casually play with your child, or if you are in your 40's like me and grew up playing with lego, the game can be puschased for $10 on the official site and you can have a bit of fun for the 30 days and then drop it.  I like that I can let my son play for an hour alone and not worry about him seeing anything bad.   Its a great starter MMO for kids but once they hit the teens, I dont see much here to keep them occupied.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• JBullfrogJBullfrog Member Posts: 7

I lost interest in about a week (about 20 hours) but then again I don't think I'm in the target demographic. If I'd found this game when I was 10 I think you wouldn't be able to tear me away.  LIke mentioned above this would be a great game to play with your Kids.

• JchungJchung Member Posts: 8

I played the beta and I believe I did every quest it offered in the beta. It was ok yet boring when you play for a while and all you do is slashing.

• shinobi234shinobi234 Member Posts: 437

lol i play the game i am 31 and wife is 31 we love legos since we were kids i dont see whats wrong with us playing this game but its fun to me and her. but may not be fun to you but that depends i know some adults who play legos. heck i still have my castle when i was small i like legos><....... thats my opionj.