Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spam mails?

ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941

Hi, On tuesday i was able to log into my e-mail accoutn that i have had for teh past 8-10 yrs (msn.com), however come wednesday i was greeted with a log-in message sayign that the account had been banned, blocked and locked due to sending out 1000's of spam e-mails over the past 2-3 days, i was like wtf. I followed the steps given to try to get my e-mail accoutn back (changing password, changing this, having them send me an e-mail with a new password) but was always taken back to the same message. In the end i just made a new e-mail.

Now my problem is, i have made that new e-mail and affiliated it with here in my account (also ticked the option to hide my e-mail address), however the very next day i start getting spam e-mails from bogus blizzard spam mails (which i do not click on i simple just delete them). The only place i have put that new e-mail addy in is here (havent had time to do any other places), I am just wondering if i missed something to keep my e-mail addy hidden?

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

MSN.com implies a hotmail account. Hotmail reuses email addresses. It sounds like you got one.

I had a similar issue with a hotmail account. Only it was political advertisements in a language I don't know, showing up within 24 hours of the account creation. I hadn't used the address in any manner. Someone else used the same random(or so I thought) set of characters for an email address that  I had.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams