Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Massively's PAX podcast: SWTOR impressions

MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

I don't know if this had been posted before, but here's the podcast that the Massively team made regarding PAX East:

Massively Speaking episode 141: PAX East wrapup

The part where they talk about their SWTOR demo experiences at the Taral V flashpoint is from 13min to 27min.

Some quotes:

If everything in the game is like in the demo, then it's ready for release. It's incredible (14:40)

I didn't see any clipping on anything.

When they did a whole piece about the combat animation, I didn't think anything of it. But they really made a difference. They really made you feel like you were in the action... When you shot at something, it reacted to what you did, immediately. It wasn't like they were just performing an animation sequence (16:00)

There was so much else going on that was fascinating. Everything just moved so fluidly. There were so many things incidentally going on around us while we were fighting our way through. Enemies were fighting amonst themselves, there were shuttles coming in and dropping off troops and leaving, and crashing in the background, there was a rainstorm going on. Everything around us was moving and acting fluidly.

The lack of an auto attack kept you more focused on things, the fact that you were always doing something... it meant that instead of focusing on a set rotation, you always felt like 'ok, whatever is going on right now, I always have a tool at my disposal to deal with whatever situations arise' (20:20)

Actually, the whole podcast is interesting to hear when you got the time, it's a lively bunch that had some interesting bits they learnt from PAX, not only SWTOR related.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."