Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is 5 months away from being released...

kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

-ALOT of graphics are just placeholders, stated by devs
-PnC is for good.
-PvP is not in yet, will be included in next phases
-Revamp of Combat system is planned on next stage
-All phases untill 2.0 has been 99% stability patches, 2.5 (closed beta) and 3.0 (open beta) will be all about content.
-If you don't have what it takes to betatest, give your account to someone who do...

Just few tidbits for those who didn't know...

Comments

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Originally posted by kishe

-ALOT of graphics are just placeholders, stated by devs
    -PnC is for good.
    -PvP is not in yet, will be included in next phases
    -Revamp of Combat system is planned on next stage
    -All phases untill 2.0 has been 99% stability patches, 2.5 (closed beta) and 3.0 (open beta) will be all about content.
    -If you don't have what it takes to betatest, give your account to someone who do...

Just few tidbits for those who didn't know...

PvP actually is in, at least in limited capacity (i.e only arena's) from what I understand.  Just that they haven't put in the " Surgical PvP Area's " yet

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012
    Yeah, game now has 50 towns...that means 1/4 of the map has only been revealed yet...release should have 200 towns.

• zensaberzensaber Member UncommonPosts: 787

I need an account mine still hasn't been activated yet : /

Originally posted by zensaber

I need an account mine still hasn't been activated yet : /

Just wait day or two...everybody will be in before we get to weekend...

• RegusRegus Member Posts: 489
    but i am getting sick and tired of waiting it is been four days already so that means 96 hours and a lof of mintue that i am no able to play, a week missing means that i can only play 3 more weeks.

One day all will die, surely you but never I.

"One day all will die, surely you but never I." Wheel of Time

Originally posted by Regus
    but i am getting sick and tired of waiting it is been four days already so that means 96 hours and a lof of mintue that i am no able to play, a week missing means that i can only play 3 more weeks.

One day all will die, surely you but never I.

you havent missed too much...yesterday was first day when server spent more time online than down...

• ChicaneChicane Member Posts: 13

the game isn't necessarily being released in 5 months. No date has been set, but the last statement by MR is they are aiming for 2nd quarter 2005. They will delay it until it is "done", if needed

• psychoduckpsychoduck Member Posts: 59

Off course they'll wait till it's done but it will take atleast another half year I think.
    And I hope it will take even longer so the game will be pixel perfect :)

• ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

Point and click equals doom for this game. You few fans of the game are in the minority, most people don't like point and click movement. Sure people would get used to it if they gave the game a chance. However, they don't want to or really need to. They would rather just quit and find another game. It's not like MMORPG's are hard to come by anymore.

• KaneKane Member Posts: 780

Just because EQ is WASD/arrows doesn't mean everyone has to. Some of the greatest games ever made were PnC such as the Baldurs Gate Series, Diablo series, Dungeon Siege...all RPGs I might add. Was I happy with it at first? No because I'm used to WASD, but then, L2 (yes, I'm aware it sucks) plays great with PnC. Now that I'm used to it, it works great for me. Camera is moveable wherever you need to make navigating easy. I've got no problems. As long as the animations and character models are improved, I'll be VERY happy with game presentation! If not, I'm still thoroughly enjoying the hell out of the game.

• lynnelynne Member Posts: 34

I have to agree with you Kane, the PnC isn't the worst thing to ever happen to a game.   I really believe the whole PnC vs WASD is rooted in the fact that most games rely on the latter.  It seems a bit hasty to say a game will never be successful because it has PnC movement.  I think if Wish can provide the content they want to, this game will tank the competition.

With the mildly bothersome server issues considered, I am enjoying the beta.  Of course the game isn't perfect, this is a beta test.  I think people really need to give the game a chance.  Play it, test it and report what works/doesn't work.  That is what it's all about...

Lynne (attempting to help everyone "just get along" LOL)

• KaneKane Member Posts: 780

Absolutely! Its a great beginning...something that could turn into a truly outstanding game. They are headed in the right direction, and with some tweaking, I'll be very, very happy.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Originally posted by Kane

Just because EQ is WASD/arrows doesn't mean everyone has to. Some of the greatest games ever made were PnC such as the Baldurs Gate Series, Diablo series, Dungeon Siege...all RPGs I might add. Was I happy with it at first? No because I'm used to WASD, but then, L2 (yes, I'm aware it sucks) plays great with PnC. Now that I'm used to it, it works great for me. Camera is moveable wherever you need to make navigating easy. I've got no problems. As long as the animations and character models are improved, I'll be VERY happy with game presentation! If not, I'm still thoroughly enjoying the hell out of the game.

I agree 100% (Though I really don't have complaints about the animations or models)

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

Well said Kishe.. some people think beta stands for free trial.. sad but true.

• zimquatszimquats Member Posts: 301

I tested in beta 1 and this game in beta 2 seems like a totaly diferent game.  It has come a huge distance since then.  I was worried that after reading all the bad hype about this game but after starting to test in beta 2 I can see how far its come in a short time.  I now believe that they will have this game polished in just a short while from now, its so much better then beta 1. 

I was reading long ago that the reason they are using PnC over WASD is because it uses much less server time and takes less bandwidth, as less info is sent and needs to be calculated.  I think for a game like wish this would be fundimental as they wish to have 10K players on 1 server shard.

• CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

Originally posted by zimquats
    I tested in beta 1 and this game in beta 2 seems like a totaly diferent game. It has come a huge distance since then. I was worried that after reading all the bad hype about this game but after starting to test in beta 2 I can see how far its come in a short time. I now believe that they will have this game polished in just a short while from now, its so much better then beta 1.
    I was reading long ago that the reason they are using PnC over WASD is because it uses much less server time and takes less bandwidth, as less info is sent and needs to be calculated. I think for a game like wish this would be fundimental as they wish to have 10K players on 1 server shard.

Yeah from what i've read PnC is integral to the engine they're using. This being the case i think they've done an excellent job designing a game around that concept :) As for it coming along way i didnt get in to play beta 1 but from what i've seen of the Devs and the amount of patches they're cranking out i can tell they're a dedicated crew who really loves their game. I'm sure when its released it will be the best PnC RPG going.