Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Release Date

SineathSineath Member Posts: 224

Does anyone know what year this game is coming out?

Comments

• SineathSineath Member Posts: 224

2012?

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

hopefully not even 2012..... if so..... expect another unfinished game like they did with AoC

• ZyllosZyllos Member UncommonPosts: 537

I just heard that they are 'close' to Closed Beta so I am expecting late 2011 - early 2012.

MMOs Played: I can no longer list them all in the 500 character limit.

• paterahpaterah Member UncommonPosts: 578

Originally posted by rojo6934

hopefully not even 2012..... if so..... expect another unfinished game like they did with AoC

May I ask where you are basing this on?

• chase17tnchase17tn Member Posts: 93

this game has been in the works for like 10 years so if its not ready then it will never be.

made by nonny
    and
    made by Braggi

thanks both u guys

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by paterah

We know FunCom... ;-)

• tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

Originally posted by Reizla

We know FunCom... ;-)

Bla Bla Bla..Know this !! Funcom has made 2 MMO's that is perfectly alright, they had rocky starts. sure....But don't you think they paid for those mistakes already ??

Just the sign that they will not give up in developing games is good enough for me, they know perfectly well that they screwed up on some issues...But if you honestly believe that they have a goal to screw you,or any other gamer over with a 20-100 Mil dollar product (Only guessing here), they want to make money, hence they want a GREAT product even on release naturally..If they weren't convinced they had a great product ,at any of their games both released and upcomming , they should simply had given up the trade...

But evidently they haven't given up , that's fairly certain right !! This would indicate that these guys are proud of their work, both now and even in the past..The big issus I see in this is "money" that eventually will end, unless you have an endless pool of gold ofcourse.

There is simply so many ways  developing a game like this can go wrong, this may  happen again with the Secret World...You can NOT predict how the community will react to anything..Sure analyse this and that , etc etc , may tell you something but it's never will or can  be set in stone. There simply is to many tastes and mouths to feed.

Count on this, You will be damned if you do and damned if you don't..Thats the reality in todays internet era..And in someways Internet can be damn destructive in it's nature, It naturally put's a good pressure on anyone that wants to sell anything today , from a hotdog to a MMO like this !!

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Zyllos
    I just heard that they are 'close' to Closed Beta so I am expecting late 2011 - early 2012.

Two months from beta testing as of last week (unsubstantiated rumor).

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• TyrxzTyrxz Member Posts: 329

Q: When is The Secret World released?

A: (18 to 24 months, from the 7th January 2010 which means between July 2011 and January 2012)

Source interview of Miguel Caron : http://www.jeuxonline.info/article/8...-moult-projets

scribble scribble scribble

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509

We know FunCom... ;-)

End of 2012 at best, and yes, we know Funcom.

Please don't ask them to hurry it along. image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SineathSineath Member Posts: 224

Originally posted by Tyrxz

A: (18 to 24 months, from the 7th January 2010 which means between July 2011 and January 2012)

Source interview of Miguel Caron : http://www.jeuxonline.info/article/8...-moult-projets

Finally, a real answer.  Thanks so much.

I really think graphics and movies, maybe animation cartoon type, will be available for gaming.  I've seen the videos on this game and its very inspirational.  Grabbing me and making me feel like a new inexperienced person while using an interface that i'm familiar with, is what I want to see in a new game.  FOLLOWED BY CONTENT.  And, then, of course, large time sinks to gain the best items and abilities available(otherwise, I end up hitting the top level in a month[Rift] and then wondering what to do.

• paterahpaterah Member UncommonPosts: 578

We know FunCom... ;-)

You don't know anything do you. The game has been in development long before AoC, you simply have no idea what the development stage of the game is right now.

Originally posted by Sineath

Originally posted by Tyrxz

Finally, a real answer.  Thanks so much.

I really think graphics and movies, maybe animation cartoon type, will be available for gaming.  I've seen the videos on this game and its very inspirational.  Grabbing me and making me feel like a new inexperienced person while using an interface that i'm familiar with, is what I want to see in a new game.  FOLLOWED BY CONTENT.  And, then, of course, large time sinks to gain the best items and abilities available(otherwise, I end up hitting the top level in a month[Rift] and then wondering what to do.

You're welcome^^

• MMOrUSMMOrUS Member Posts: 414

Originally posted by Sineath

Does anyone know what year this game is coming out?

I'll cover all bets and say it will be out by  2020, hope that helps =)

• SixfeetunderSixfeetunder Member UncommonPosts: 180

guess march 2013

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154

There were whispers for the release to coincide with the end of the world… also known as December 21st, 2012.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand

Originally posted by Locklain

There were whispers for the release to coincide with the end of the world… also known as December 21st, 2012.

It's a bit long until then, but it would be truly epic! :D

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

I heard the official release date is "6 months after SWTOR fails horribly".  

I kid, I kid.  no need to flame...

but you know.. soon please!

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

can't come soon enough!

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

That would be too late for them to make any money of it :/

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Originally posted by Requiamer

What if they aren't after money?  What if they are the catalyst causing the end of the world and Ragnar is actually a demon in human form?

• Einherjar_LCEinherjar_LC Member UncommonPosts: 1,055

Originally posted by ProfRed

Originally posted by Requiamer

What if they aren't after money?  What if they are the catalyst causing the end of the world and Ragnar is actually a demon in human form?

Well, Funcom and those that work there have been called worse, maybe there's some truth to it.  :P

Einherjar_LC says: WTB the true successor to UO or Asheron's Call pst!

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

I hear it will be 2012 which migh tbe a fantstic year for all of us withe The Secret World, TOR, and Guild Wars 2. So far the skill system in this game has me really happy! 

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

Sure, they are Funcom and might make the same mistake of getting pressured by their marketing department and releasing the game early, but TSW has already had more development time than AoC and AO.  It's been in development for reportedly since 2005 and was officially announced early 2007, that's a lot of time to polish the game and get all the bugs worked out.

From the GDC videos I'd say they still have a long way to go (some things looked a bit clunky), but I'm still going to be rooting for them.

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say an early to mid 2012 release.  Not much information about the game right now, though beta is rumored to be starting soon.  I'd imagine they'd want a longer beta time from their experiences with AoC and AO releases.

• TSWBETAROGSTSWBETAROGS Member Posts: 196

Originally posted by Magnum2103

Sure, they are Funcom and might make the same mistake of getting pressured by their marketing department and releasing the game early, but TSW has already had more development time than AoC and AO.  It's been in development for reportedly since 2005 and was officially announced early 2007, that's a lot of time to polish the game and get all the bugs worked out.

From the GDC videos I'd say they still have a long way to go (some things looked a bit clunky), but I'm still going to be rooting for them.

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say an early to mid 2012 release.  Not much information about the game right now, though beta is rumored to be starting soon.  I'd imagine they'd want a longer beta time from their experiences with AoC and AO releases.

TSW is using same gameengine as AoC has been updated with, sow there are probely less problems with TSW than they had with AoC. As there is now classes there will not be the same problem with ballansing classes.  And they are making the content fast and easyer for the TSW.  And I to belive that the game is here within a years time, as the closed beta is set to start in may.