Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dev log update

DakirnDakirn Member UncommonPosts: 372

Looks like they moved the dev log to their company website.  It was updated yesterday and has a lot of interesting information.

http://www.mmomagic.com/NewsDetail.php?newsID=120

Comments

• ArchnagelArchnagel World of Warcraft CorrespondentMember Posts: 27

ooooo pretty! :D

• Juztinb42Juztinb42 Member Posts: 38

Great to see some life after a few months of silence!  The terrain on the banner looks great, hopefully that can transfer to the finished product.

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Impressive update; Exponental leveling and skill gains 900,000,000 Square Kilometers of planet. At last a game World that can potentially be played in for an extended period of time ; Exploration for real is just great.

Love the concept.

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

Originally posted by Isane

Impressive update; Exponental leveling and skill gains 900,000,000 Square Kilometers of planet. At last a game World that can potentially be played in for an extended period of time ; Exploration for real is just great.

Love the concept.

I expect an amazing amount of crying that it takes too long to do anything from players who joined "just cuz". One thing for sure though is that, with a world this big, it's going to be one hell of a niche MMORPG. I hope it will be viable because it's exactly the type of MMORPG I'm looking forward to.

Originally posted by MadnessRealm

Originally posted by Isane

Love the concept.

I expect an amazing amount of crying that it takes too long to do anything from players who joined "just cuz". One thing for sure though is that, with a world this big, it's going to be one hell of a niche MMORPG. I hope it will be viable because it's exactly the type of MMORPG I'm looking forward to.

Ah ah well quests from the Citadel allow you to port to the vicinity of a Quest within your own instance of the whole world and return to the citadel. But you can wander from the location you are at to see if there are any other interesting things nearby Cities or Ruins or just locals.

So you get all the benefits of your own storyline , plus the ability to wander at will in any direction you want no walls just mountains. You can also invite people to your instance or join others or also join a world instance.

• amusedmonkeyamusedmonkey Member UncommonPosts: 42

E3 already? This is becoming more of a reality every day. E3 might mean possible closed alpha or beta testing later this year and as mentioned finally some screenshots. 

This is a more tangible proof for those who cry "vaporware".

On another note I hope zoom levels will be introduced, since the land is HUGE you would want to know what you are getting yourself into before you pack your bags for a several hour trip. Google maps style map might be the most appropriate for this but I'm not sure it's possible, would be a huge undertaking for the map alone.

Being able to save your last location and teleport back to would be a great perk, this would make personal achievements of "I climbed mount X" possible without the frustration of not being able to do anything else while you're doing it... for weeks. Maybe get a limited number of "waypoints" that you can use throughout the map and increase with level.

Either way, kodus to you developers! Watching the game take shape slowly is breathtaking.

Originally posted by amusedmonkey

E3 already? This is becoming more of a reality every day. E3 might mean possible closed alpha or beta testing later this year and as mentioned finally some screenshots. 

This is a more tangible proof for those who cry "vaporware".

On another note I hope zoom levels will be introduced, since the land is HUGE you would want to know what you are getting yourself into before you pack your bags for a several hour trip. Google maps style map might be the most appropriate for this but I'm not sure it's possible, would be a huge undertaking for the map alone.

Being able to save your last location and teleport back to would be a great perk, this would make personal achievements of "I climbed mount X" possible without the frustration of not being able to do anything else while you're doing it... for weeks. Maybe get a limited number of "waypoints" that you can use throughout the map and increase with level.

Either way, kodus to you developers! Watching the game take shape slowly is breathtaking.

The Missions from the Citadel as they have stated will land you in the vicinity of a "Quest/Activity" which you can port back and forward between.

As far as waypoints having more  than where you are at would defeat the object of having the large world. If you want to travel discover and get lost in your own reflected world you can. I really hope they stick to the no insta success this world is to be enjoyed the concept of winning will be personal here which is what I believe they are trying to achieve.

The few landsapes we have seen so far look good and the castle models dont look too bad either. With the exponential leveling and player storyline this game can be played in perpetuity.

And it even looks as if you can play for an age in between chapters of storyline... love the concept can't wait.

Having your own Reflected Instance to ruin can be fun; Even better going to someone elses and seeing if an area has developed differently could be even more interesting.

• JalitanJalitan Member UncommonPosts: 104

Just the thought of exploring a planet that was teraformed by an algorithm that, for the most part, even the developers don't know is enough to hook the explorer in me. Add to that the event tool, life like weather system that affects the world, A.I. Net (no more seeing the same NPC standing there saying the same thing over and over!) and an evolving storyline that changes your reflective world based on your actions. The coup de grace is being able to build things that become part of the world. It all sounds to good to be true, yet they are planning to demo something at E3 this year.

I can't wait to see the coverage of this game. If all their blog statements become a reality, then this will truley be a "next gen" game.

• AglarannaAglaranna Member Posts: 204

Oh this sounds exciting! Can't wait to see what they show at E3.

Originally posted by Jalitan

Just the thought of exploring a planet that was teraformed by an algorithm that, for the most part, even the developers don't know is enough to hook the explorer in me. Add to that the event tool, life like weather system that affects the world, A.I. Net (no more seeing the same NPC standing there saying the same thing over and over!) and an evolving storyline that changes your reflective world based on your actions. The coup de grace is being able to build things that become part of the world. It all sounds to good to be true, yet they are planning to demo something at E3 this year.

I can't wait to see the coverage of this game. If all their blog statements become a reality, then this will truley be a "next gen" game.

Yep the concept is great ~:)