Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trying out LOTRO need some help!

FarScapeFarScape Member UncommonPosts: 185

Ok, so im gonna give LOTRO a shot. Played wow for 6 years (love it just getting old). and you name it i played it. Loved DDO. So i got a new laptop Top of the line specs i gotta say =) I gotta love the Asus G73SW its a beast! anyways im currently playing LOL and love that too but i need an mmo.

So if anyone can give me some advice. tips on classes and what not. I was thinking of making a hunter. though i normaly play rogue like classes. the burglar seems cool. Is the burglar pretty cool? Does Man make a good hunter/buglar?

How are instances? how are guilds. ( i was in all elitest guilds in wow. yeah i know but i got good loot and got so see some cool endgame. which all i cared about was seeing the story line.) though im done with all of that. looking for something a little layed back till D3 or SWTOR. so if anyone can let me know that would be awesome!

Comments

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

Neither is really great these days.

Hunters have largely been supplanted by Rune-Keepers, who can do more damage and also heal.

They're still fairly fun to play solo, as you can at least port all over the place.

I haven't really played a Burglar, but you can read about complaints here:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?380207-Dev-Diary-Feedback-Update-2-Burglar-Dev-Diary

The next patch is supposed to fix them, but the fixes aren't too popular.

As to your other question, I dunno. I've never been in a guild in the game (nor have I had any offers) and without a guild, it's impossible to find anyone to group with, so I've never done any instance..

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• UW1975UW1975 Member Posts: 183

Guilds in this game tend to be very helpful, contrary to what stated the above post. There are of course a few kins which are more Raiding-oriented, I'm sure you will find out after a few months playing, but most are pretty casual, more than WoW, as endgaming is not less important here than game as WoW.

This being said, endgamers will get some love in a few days with the new instances and I know many cannot wait to do them, myself included

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • UW1975UW1975 Member Posts: 183

Originally posted by Timukas

I played Lotro 2007-2009 and honestly I would not recommend it. If you want a fun game to pass your time buy and a monthly fee is not a problem, then I'd suggest Rift instead. Comparing these  2 Lotro is completely shallow., especially after Moria. Actually there is no end game in Lotro, other than a few instances and token grind. It's without sub of course but maybe that's why it went f2p heh.

IMHO, Rift has many redeeming qualities, but it has the worst lore I have ever seen in a MMO, with all the cliches of the generic fantasy genre. About endgaming, seeing the amount of complaints in Rift forums, I wouldn't brag too much Rift qualities from an endgaming perspective.

This being said, not everyone wants to grind instances after instances in endgaming, so to each its choice.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.