Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lol Wait Wait Wait Hold On

Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

This is a subscription based game that also charges for additional inventory space, mount space, pet space...

Is this for real?

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

Comments

• zappymanz5zappymanz5 Member UncommonPosts: 17

A few games do this now to be honest (Warhammer Online, WoW, ect..)

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Last time I played it didn't. But that's quite some months ago.

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

WoW has never charged for inventory space or mount slots and pet slots, that is just straight up silly.

They have sold mounts and pets.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

Ya, its crap, don't do it. You can get multiple mounts and you get sector, bankers, and barter vaults. If you need more than that you are a hoarder. I think there are also craftable bank expansions. Not 100% sure, never needed those.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• ScrimMalteseScrimMaltese Member Posts: 469

Fallen Earth = 

A game that had tons and tons of potential when it was in beta, but after release everyone who played saw that they really had no idea wtf they were actually doing and had no solid plans for after release. What makes it so bad, is because the game was probably only 75% complete at release. (which is normal) They had no idea where the game was going to go and all they saw was pushing it out the door. 

This thread just adds onto why the game is such a Train Wreck.

• CavedethCavedeth Member Posts: 6

Been playing for over a year now, definately not a train wreck and a nice change of pace from the overdonetodeath fantasy MMO clones out there.

You can get the same bank expansions via vet reward points and you have sector/barter/VIP/and a utility vault for a ton of space already.  Also you can find books to craft the same items via some work once your crafting skills are high enough.

Pets are free, the store one has a couple of slots for maybe carrying more ammo, not that you cant carry enough on your horse, buggy, bike, or interceptor.  Pretty much fluff and not needed.  Extra mount slots via a store is nothing new in MMOs and you really dont need it.

Lots of graphic upgrades and fixes.  Devs read the forums and interact with players on the test server and are very involved.  Huge content patch on the horizon and a new half sector coming in a couple of weeks.  The devs actually listen and make changes according to feedback.  I know, shocking!

Trolls will be trolls.  Play the game and maybe you would know.  Or can you not handle having to actually aim at a target instead of tabbing along and mashing the same sequence of keys?

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

Thanks for the info.

• RedMonkRedMonk Member Posts: 31

Lord of the Rings Online charged for some storage space (shared between characters on account I think) before it went f2p.

Never criticize a "sandbox" game on mmorpg.com. You will be drowned in a wave of kool-aid drinking fanbois.

• dzonesdzones Member UncommonPosts: 121

Originally posted by monstermmo

This is a subscription based game that also charges for additional inventory space, mount space, pet space...

Is this for real?

As has been said already the stuff they sell is really not needed for the game as you have enough space available to you already so really this is just an added option if ya really wanna do it and have the money to waste.

Look at WoW and all the money they suck in from things like..

Mounts

Pets

Name changes

Faction transfers

Server transfers

Blizz wrote the book on earning extra money off the extras like this so from a business standpoint it makes total sense for any company to do it.

As for this game being a "train wreck" I have to disagree with that also. It is a nice change of pace from the same ole same ole so many are spitting out these days. One of the few games that puts a lot of empasis in areas like crafting that a lot of us find fun to do. I have also come to like the combat style as it seems to immerse me more and I have to pay attention to the action on the screen as opposed to games like WoW and Rift where I can start my combat and click hot keys as they finish CD until the mob is dead.

• RedMonkRedMonk Member Posts: 31

Originally posted by dzones

Originally posted by monstermmo

Is this for real?

As has been said already the stuff they sell is really not needed for the game as you have enough space available to you already so really this is just an added option if ya really wanna do it and have the money to waste.

Look at WoW and all the money they suck in from things like..

Mounts

Pets

Name changes

Faction transfers

Server transfers

Blizz wrote the book on earning extra money off the extras like this so from a business standpoint it makes total sense for any company to do it.

As for this game being a "train wreck" I have to disagree with that also. It is a nice change of pace from the same ole same ole so many are spitting out these days. One of the few games that puts a lot of empasis in areas like crafting that a lot of us find fun to do. I have also come to like the combat style as it seems to immerse me more and I have to pay attention to the action on the screen as opposed to games like WoW and Rift where I can start my combat and click hot keys as they finish CD until the mob is dead.

Combat definitely grows on you.  I wasn't sure if I liked it at first, but once you understand what is going on, it has something unique.

I especially like melee combat.  It really feels like a streetfight.  The funniest thing is watching a group of about 10 NPC guards in a circle wailing on one of the Blade Dancers who have been programmed to rush a camp.  Absolutely hilarious.  Love watching it.

What made me decide to stick with FE's combat was trying PWI's new game Forsaken World.  It literally is a button-pusher, everything about the whole game is distilled down to its essence.  Made me appreciate FE all the more.

Never criticize a "sandbox" game on mmorpg.com. You will be drowned in a wave of kool-aid drinking fanbois.

• ScrimMalteseScrimMaltese Member Posts: 469

Originally posted by dzones

As for this game being a "train wreck" I have to disagree with that also.

Once you blow through the limited content (which takes hardly any time, even if you're not trying to blow through it), you get to level cap within a couple weeks. When you get to level cap, you have the amazing possibilities of:

Crafting Ammo so you can farm for Mats

Farming Mats so you can craft ammo.

PVP Towns that really serve no purpose.

Chat with your Clan.

Sounds like a train slamming straight into a wall to me. The track just ends with no plans on exactly where the track was even going in the first place.

• Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

Originally posted by ScrimMaltese

Once you blow through the limited content (which takes hardly any time, even if you're not trying to blow through it), you get to level cap within a couple weeks. When you get to level cap, you have the amazing possibilities of:

Crafting Ammo so you can farm for Mats

Farming Mats so you can craft ammo.

PVP Towns that really serve no purpose.

Chat with your Clan.

Sounds like a train slamming straight into a wall to me. The track just ends with no plans on exactly where the track was even going in the first place.

The wall of which you speak would be the wall in S Sector 3, leading into Alpha County ; )

You picked a bad time to bemoan lack of content with Terminal Woods going live in a week or so and Alpha county to follow.

You're right, there was a lack of direction with the game. The original plan (to have what was it, 100 sectors?) went bye-byes, but now we have a promise of more content every 6 months and the introduction of FE-style raiding which should give PvE-ers some repeatable end-game stuff. Progress Towns should be nice on both the PvE/Crafting and PvP fronts too (they've been delayed so often I'm starting to think they're a figment of my imagination, but apparently they're "getting there").

The problem was, as I see it, level 50 and Deadfall was never meant to be a cap, it was meant to be a pause on the road to more content. Trouble was, people had been promised S4 within a few months of launch and over a year later they're still to see it. There isn't a whole lot to do at 50 beyond crafting and faction/deathtoll grinding, with a bit of PvP thrown in. The team were too darned slow in pushing extra content out, hopefully the county-by-county release for S4 will make up for that somewhat.

I do understand the frustration in your posts, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't call it a trainwreck. Maybe that's because I still enjoy it, whereas you obviously don't. Different tastes, I guess.

• rixkrixk Member Posts: 45

The game definitely lacks the vision or direction. So much time has been wasted on very questionable stuff.

At first it was bloodsports, don't know how much time was spent on developing it, but reality is, that noone wanted it, otherwise it wouldn't be empty 23/7.

Now since august last year they are messing around with combat upgrade, but if you read their own forums, again basically noone wants it, even those players, who demanded Moar Mad Max, as expected, have already left the game to more shinier games.

Luckily 1.8 brings new zone and bit stuff to do.

That all said, I don't say they have done all wrong and nothing right. I am still playing, so there have been positive things too :)

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

Originally posted by rixk

The game definitely lacks the vision or direction. So much time has been wasted on very questionable stuff.

At first it was bloodsports, don't know how much time was spent on developing it, but reality is, that noone wanted it, otherwise it wouldn't be empty 23/7.

Now since august last year they are messing around with combat upgrade, but if you read their own forums, again basically noone wants it, even those players, who demanded Moar Mad Max, as expected, have already left the game to more shinier games.

That all said, I don't say they have done all wrong and nothing right. I am still playing, so there have been positive things too :)

Partially true, but not fully.

Combat fix was extremly important. The buffs balance was needed from the start -> they divided all buffs into 6 different categories, which basically solved the whole issue of overbuffing. If you actually read the forums thoroughly, you'd know that combat fix is generally accepted. And so the faction-specific requirements removal, and the changes to certain skills.

Another important change is soon coming in 1.8 that will reduce the amount of abilities from each skill category, currently it's a bit messy, lots of abilities are overlapping, this will be another important change to the combat system.

Your post is partially true, because they spent some amount of time on the items-fatique/upgrade system which was scrapped all together due to the critique of the beta-servers players. That's the only thing I can think of that went wrong with the development since the release. Everything else was for the better.

REALITY CHECK

Originally posted by Thillian

Partially true, but not fully.

Combat fix was extremly important. The buffs balance was needed from the start -> they divided all buffs into 6 different categories, which basically solved the whole issue of overbuffing. If you actually read the forums thoroughly, you'd know that combat fix is generally accepted. And so the faction-specific requirements removal, and the changes to certain skills.

Another important change is soon coming in 1.8 that will reduce the amount of abilities from each skill category, currently it's a bit messy, lots of abilities are overlapping, this will be another important change to the combat system.

Your post is partially true, because they spent some amount of time on the items-fatique/upgrade system which was scrapped all together due to the critique of the beta-servers players. That's the only thing I can think of that went wrong with the development since the release. Everything else was for the better.

Vocal 20 people from all playerbase, who happen to be PvP-ing, are cheering, that means it is generally accepted?

What's next? Are you gonna pick one discontent forumer and paste his quote here to show how much you want from people to hate the combat changes?

If I wanted to do that, I would've posted that in my last post already. And there is big difference about hate and dislike.

• Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

Vocal 20 people from all playerbase, who happen to be PvP-ing, are cheering, that means it is generally accepted?

What's next? Are you gonna pick one discontent forumer and paste his quote here to show how much you want from people to hate the combat changes?

From the FE forums, I can think of one player (Ragtime) who adored the changes, some who agreed with him (less vocally, Oddzball, for example), a bunch of players who didn't like 'em, and a whole other bunch of players who weren't coming down on either side because they knew the system was incomplete.

I'm still on the fence about the changes, and I have tested both PvE and PvP under the last iteration on test. It was pretty obvious that we were seeing the barebones of a system, and AFFA admitted that they had sent it to PTS much earlier than they normally would have, and that this was why it was incomplete (and buggy).

A recent poll of the FE forumites on combat styles has 2-1 in favour of "more hybrid" over both "more FPS" or "More RPG" (I'm one of the "more hybrid" people) - if the devs take anything from the poll it should be that moving too far in either direction will tick a lot of people off. They probably already knew that, in fairness, and they've gone back to the drawing board for now, which they do deserve credit for. So many other studios would have gone "lalalala we're changing it the way we want to, like it or lump it". Sure, things will eventually change, but hopefully in a more sensible manner (remove speed and HoT stacking, get rid of knockdowns and drop redundant/replicated skills) than simply "all white damage and aura stacking".

• theyalllietheyalllie Member Posts: 229

Not a fanboy, but actually, if you sub for a year, you get a decent price break, and you recieve your full year of reward points up front, which can get alot of thing, extra vault space, should you want it, unique interceptor, bike, etc etc.

If you go for a year, I wouldnt get the vault space. If you do get a Motorcycle mount, I'd get a combat class bike, as you can shoot pistol from it, not much use except, for stopping an interceptor in pvp, which is a good thing.

An interceptor, is almost a must, fastest ride in the game, is a car, gimped off road, but rules the pavement.

Yet you can get or craft combat bikes, interceptors, and all class of mounts, in game, without reward points, or buying with real world money, via crafting or Auction House.

Yesterday a new patch was released, and next month, the second part of that patch goes into effect, which will significantly change the way in which one builds their character.

The new patch has many bugs which are going to take a while to iron out.

Suggest doing a trial, get you bearings, get in a clan, first. See where you fit in the waste lands. Then when the combat changes go into effect next month, everyone will get a free, full, respec, affording you to take advantage of the knowledge you have gained, and build your toon more effectively.

At that time would be the wisest to full sub, me thinks. But be warned, perhaps too strong, be aware, this game is a bit different, and can seem daunting. It really isn't, but is best taken at a easy pace, for now, Bugs from the patch, upcomming combat changes, etc.

• PalladinPalladin Member UncommonPosts: 430

All I can say is don't take a sniper rifle to a machingun fight......see that dead fella over there ....he did not he is full of lead and dead.

AMD Phenum II x4 3.6Ghz 975 black edition
    8 gig Ram
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

I'm currently not subscribed to any MMORPG. But if I'd sub, then probably to Fallen Earth. The implementation of it's cash shop was one reason why I stopped playing it. Still, the number of subscription based MMORPGs without any sort of cash shop is... how many are there... zero? About all current MMORPGs have some kind of cash shop system. So... I guess you just have to find a good mix, where on the one hand the MMORPG appeals to you enough, and on the other, where you can live with the cash shop.

Fallen Earth was for me more of a "play solo with others" game. I didn't long to get into a clan or anything, but just wanted to explore the game, follow the storyline, and so on. And for that playstyle, the cash shop in FE is irrelevant.

I'm still against cash shops (which is one of the reasons why I'm currently not subbed to any MMORPG. *shrugs*

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• elthznd901elthznd901 Member UncommonPosts: 44

Ive noticed almost all MMO's going down this road.  So its not a shocker.  There is nothing on that cash shop though that you NEED.  So why even worry about it unless you want to purchase those items.