Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nice Balanced Xsyon Review

blythegablythega Member UncommonPosts: 174

Hi All,

I have been sitting on the fence for awhile with Xsyon and started doing a bit more research. I came across this review http://www.aaronpoeze.com/?p=632 which seems to provide a nice balanced look at the features with a realistic score of the potential game play.

This has convinced me to preorder.

Cheers

Comments

• gotcha89gotcha89 Member UncommonPosts: 34

Well not a bad review but he isn't going really deep into the game. still missing a lot in his review

• blythegablythega Member UncommonPosts: 174

Originally posted by gotcha89

Well not a bad review but he isn't going really deep into the game. still missing a lot in his review

Yeah I guess there could have been more depth to the review however it was refreshingly honest

• fatboy21007fatboy21007 Member Posts: 409

better order tonight! 6 am pst thursday game comes back online and headstart begins!!!!!

• lalartulalartu Member UncommonPosts: 437

Originally posted by fatboy21007

better order tonight! 6 am pst thursday game comes back online and headstart begins!!!!!

don't even bother. most features are disabled until further notice.

why would anyone want to buy this before the game stabilizes? wait a few months or even a year

I review lots of indie games and MMORPGs

• ozmonoozmono Member UncommonPosts: 1,211

Originally posted by lalartu

why would anyone want to buy this before the game stabilizes? wait a few months or even a year

Agreed. I've already preordered but given my time again I would wait. They've disabled almost all features and I'm still experiencing too much lag to do what little of the game that is left.

• shadow417shadow417 Member UncommonPosts: 170

Oh come on... the game is still in a beta, and you peeps are talking about the mad rush for locations. The features are disabled and are going to be enabled (don't know the date), and what can i say... beta is beta.

this is not the only game that had lag at launch, not to forget its a indy business.

Originally posted by blythega
    Hi All,

I have been sitting on the fence for awhile with Xsyon and started doing a bit more research. I came across this review http://www.aaronpoeze.com/?p=632 which seems to provide a nice balanced look at the features with a realistic score of the potential game play.

Cheers

We did discuss this topic on the forums on there, and most of the people act like these people and go like "WAAAH its beta and the game laggs, i demand refund" and other go like "hmmm you buy the game only for 10$ cuz you get 2months free and a starter weapon of your choice" so its up to you how you see it.

in the end you buy the game so see what you think and not what others do.

Originally posted by shadow417

Oh come on... the game is still in a beta, and you peeps are talking about the mad rush for locations. The features are disabled and are going to be enabled (don't know the date), and what can i say... beta is beta.

this is not the only game that had lag at launch, not to forget its a indy business.

Originally posted by blythega

Hi All,

Cheers

We did discuss this topic on the forums on there, and most of the people act like these people and go like "WAAAH its beta and the game laggs, i demand refund" and other go like "hmmm you buy the game only for 10$ cuz you get 2months free and a starter weapon of your choice" so its up to you how you see it.

in the end you buy the game so see what you think and not what others do.

When they advertise early access for preorders have the final wipe than they cannot keep hiding behind the "beta" excuse. The game might be playable in two months but not at the moment. My advise to anyone is to wait.

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

It would help if Jooki stopped listening to the DF people who are trying to turn it into DF2.0, which is totally not what the original intention was.

So what's the next "sandbox ffa" to come along?

Originally posted by randomt

So what's the next "sandbox ffa" to come along?

Since you asked, I've got hope for the epic server for wurm online and the new mmo salem.

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

Yea the problem with that is: there wont be any decent land left to build your tribe (guild) town on.. But soloers might be able to squeeze in some left over spots..

Everything else will be shitty land where you'll not be able to do much of anything

• BLueBEarBLueBEar Member Posts: 242

go get'em fatboys n show'em how it's done like a real fatboy!

Oh my got!!!
    i neber see a graphic of this before,
    i neber p2p any game before, but this game i must!

• Marcus-Marcus- Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Originally posted by Kuraphimaru

Originally posted by randomt

Yea the problem with that is: there wont be any decent land left to build your tribe (guild) town on.. But soloers might be able to squeeze in some left over spots..

Everything else will be shitty land where you'll not be able to do much of anything

and that's the sad truth of it. You either get in yesterday and get a good spot or get shafted (for however long it is until they implement tribal warfare) if you join later and want to solo/start your own tribe.

Ive been walking around the game some this morning, and have seen quite a bit of empty space available for tribes...

Have you looked around, or basing this on assumptions?