Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hype Level

fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

This game got 8.83 hype? :O

People are getting hyped over a Korean game :) Although it makes me wonder how GW2 dropped from .7 to .53 in like a few minutes ;D

Discuss!

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

Comments

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

AA only has 50 votes. It is still majorly fluctuating. As for GW2, I don't know. It looks as if it something might be wrong with it. It is moving too far up and down for a small amount of votes to effect it with the number of votes it already has.

• LeucrottaLeucrotta Member Posts: 679

Originally posted by fivoroth

People are getting hyped over a Korean game :) Although it makes me wonder how GW2 dropped from .7 to .53 in like a few minutes ;D

Discuss!

GW went down because Arche age went up so high, some how those numbers are connected same goes for game rating dunno why.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

I guess it's connected to movements of other games cause GW2 is back to 8.70 now.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Originally posted by romanator0

AA only has 50 votes. It is still majorly fluctuating. As for GW2, I don't know. It looks as if it something might be wrong with it. It is moving too far up and down for a small amount of votes to effect it with the number of votes it already has.

thats why i dont rely on one website rating of a game to decide whether is good enough or not to play it

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Heh, some very simple reasons:

1. the rating is just up, the past has shown that it takes some time to stabilize, the start always shows some uber hype peak.

2. This site has a more-than-average percentage of sandbox MMO'ers. Sandbox MMO'ers are the ones most dissatisfied and frustrated with current MMO's, so those are the ones who come here at mmorpg.com in larger numbers than themepark gamers in search/in need of a good MMORPG. Every sandbox MMORPG with reasonable potential will automatically have more hype getting attached to it here at mmorpg.com than on other sites or than its non-sandbox MMORPG equals.

3. The hype meter doesn't use absolute figures, it adjusts itself, if another game scores top position, the rest of the hype figures will be automatically adjusted to a relative position from the number 1 hyped MMORPG.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Discuss!

This is one of those rare titles that I think deserves the hype. The two questions I have are, will it translate well and will it live up to the hype. I dunno but I can't wait to find out, the game looks awesome!

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

It should pan out to where it should be once there are a lot of votes.

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

Discuss!

Don't be too hasty to judge it for being Korean. It's a sandbox themed mmorpg. I've had this games site in my lost archive of bookmarks for several years now. Only checking up on it once every year or so. It's finally at the point where it's recognized by mmorpg.com but hype has been increasing for it even without this site.

Also, it sports graphics that are almost unparalelled in the industry. Do yourself a favor and check up on the exploration, and community building videos. This game will most likely be at the top of the hype meter come it's pending release.

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

Heh, some very simple reasons:

1. the rating is just up, the past has shown that it takes some time to stabilize, the start always shows some uber hype peak.

2. This site has a more-than-average percentage of sandbox MMO'ers. Sandbox MMO'ers are the ones most dissatisfied and frustrated with current MMO's, so those are the ones who come here at mmorpg.com in larger numbers than themepark gamers in search/in need of a good MMORPG. Every sandbox MMORPG with reasonable potential will automatically have more hype getting attached to it here at mmorpg.com than on other sites or than its non-sandbox MMORPG equals.

3. The hype meter doesn't use absolute figures, it adjusts itself, if another game scores top position, the rest of the hype figures will be automatically adjusted to a relative position from the number 1 hyped MMORPG.

Theres a reasonable level of merit that this game has to it as well. I have not been interested in a Sandbox mmorpg since swg. Having seen all most recent videos for this several weeks ago I must say, this looks like it has all the features of a great social sandbox mmorpg with the sandbox mechanics to back it up, unlike some other titles that were more or less boxes with no sand.