Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Combat Changes?

dzonesdzones Member UncommonPosts: 121

I played this game at release for about a month and thoroughly enjoyed most of it, except for the actual combat. I know there were many people back then who complained about it like myself. It was an awkward dual mouse clicky thing as I recall.

I thought about trying the game out again since so many people that play are speaking so positively about it and was wondering if anyone knew if that aspect of the game had changed at all since the beginning?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883

Originally posted by dzones

I played this game at release for about a month and thoroughly enjoyed most of it, except for the actual combat. I know there were many people back then who complained about it like myself. It was an awkward dual mouse clicky thing as I recall.

I thought about trying the game out again since so many people that play are speaking so positively about it and was wondering if anyone knew if that aspect of the game had changed at all since the beginning?

Thanks in advance

I thought I heard a bit back that the combat animations were going to get improved. I don't know if that is going to happen or if it already has however.

Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
  • fallenlordsfallenlords Member UncommonPosts: 683

I just went back yesterday after an extended break, I didn't notice much difference in combat but it seemed fluid and not clunky like it was before.  Though I haven't got into looking at the changes yet and finding out what has been done, just trying to get reacquainted.

On another note went to New Flagstaff and was amazed at how many people were there just congregating, cars and bikes all lined up.  Tent city has sort of popped up there, with vendors all together and stuff.   There certainly seems to be more life in settlements, people selling stuff and requesting stuff in chat etc.  Still has a wasteland feel to it though when you get out of town.

Anyway be nice if somebody could detail the combat changes, rifle/melee. There was a respec injector in the mail as well so if there is anything else of note to be considered/mentioned.

Here are the changes in 1.8 patch,

• New territory of Terminal Woods, which at half the size of a full Sector, includes:

• An all-new ecosystem

• 50 new missions

• Camps and Encounter Areas

• All-new bosses:

• 4 New Scavenger Bosses

• 6 New World Bosses 

• New Recipes and Gear

• New achievements

• New PvP Zone

• Nuclear Blast Heavy Metal Bunker Bar in Boneclaw 

• Featuring Nuclear Blast Radio (NBR) 

• Over a dozen hit tracks from popular Nuclear Blast artists

• Economy Improvements 

• Revised component and recipe costs

• Adjusted node drop-rates on resources

• New Social Channels

• Two new chat channels to make it easier to locate groups and socialize in game

If you go back to Fallen Earth at the moment due to 1.8 patch, it's was $4.99 for the first month and then the usual $14.99 for subsequent months.

• fallenlordsfallenlords Member UncommonPosts: 683

Looks like the tents may have been some sort of event - all gone now image

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283

Originally posted by dzones

Thanks in advance

I did there 2 week free replay recently, and it didnt feel any different to me. Still slow and clunky, still dumb AI. Unfortunately the combat will never play like Battlefield or COD.