Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Left me wanting

MalathoosMalathoos Member UncommonPosts: 199

played the free trial and liked it enough to buy it. after staying in the world longer i have no reason to resub. I ran around and saw most mobs and locations in game, I really do like this game in fact i wish i wanted to play. i decided to not resub when i realized most of my time was working on getting skills up. sadly not playing but working.

i talked to alot of players and was told once you grind out some skills it starts to get fun, it was just starting to get fun for them. when i asked them how long they had been playing people said mostly 8 months and up. yeah i want to play, not work.  i will definitly resub when the revamp comes out. the expansion wont be out for about 6 months though i would say. again loved the game and want to participate but the free time i have i want to spend playing a game not working on a project, i do that all day.

Comments

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

Originally posted by Malathoos

played the free trial and liked it enough to buy it. after staying in the world longer i have no reason to resub. I ran around and saw most mobs and locations in game, I really do like this game in fact i wish i wanted to play. i decided to not resub when i realized most of my time was working on getting skills up. sadly not playing but working.

i talked to alot of players and was told once you grind out some skills it starts to get fun, it was just starting to get fun for them. when i asked them how long they had been playing people said mostly 8 months and up. yeah i want to play, not work.  i will definitly resub when the revamp comes out. the expansion wont be out for about 6 months though i would say. again loved the game and want to participate but the free time i have i want to spend playing a game not working on a project, i do that all day.

You're forgetting that leveling is now x2 easier than it was for them and they didn't have the offline meditation system.

+ I highly doubt you saw most locations in game, most people who've played for a year have yet to go to key places in the game. But see you after the expansion I'd say, it's not for everyone =D

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

yea the grind is what stops most of DF new players from staying. the gap between vets and nubes is so large that trying to catch up is a very daunting task, especially when you realize that those vets just keep getting further away every day.

the nice thing is that you can level most stats (and some skills) almost afk (gathering) and now with meditation you can level wile offline. still the grind is there and there is no denying that. the new armor system will help a bit, since you wont need absolutely every single ability maxed in order to be viable but the nube/vet disparity will always be very large. ti's just how the game was made.

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

I won't deny you need a fair amount of skills to be viable. However every ability is far too extreme.

- Conversions, Witches brew, Spell haste, self/other buffs, 2 R90s, archery, melee mastery over 50+ = viable.

That's quiet a bit but only a portion of the total skills ingame.

• EvasiaEvasia Member Posts: 2,827

There is so much to do in Darkfall so many ways to have fun why you listend or even concider to grind for many months before you have any fun i realy dont understand this i realy don't.

Darkfall let you totally free in what to do you can explore seek out other newbees enemy races and kill them or try farm and craft things get a raft and sail the seas or join a clan that help you out and take you with them on adventures.

All who say in chat that your first fun comes when playing at least 6 months are liars period.

Dont come with bullshit they kill me or i can't kill anybody becouse thats also not true if you just play smart and when newbee avoid danger by sneaking around and seek other lowbees to kill.

Take up pvp quest from main race city and go on adventure.

Few things offcorse you need to be is dont care dying, dont care losing, dont care no hold hands and dont care take a while before your character is build.

I meanwhile have fun its there right in front of your eyes if your willing to SEE it:)

And stop whine about grind or play some silly themepark where your in few weeks max lvl.

Games played:AC1-Darktide'99-2000-AC2-Darktide/dawnsong2003-2005,Lineage2-2005-2006 and now Darkfall-2009.....
    In between WoW few months AoC few months and some f2p also all very short few weeks.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

viable yes, competitive.....not really, untill you'v gotten most of your stats and at least those skills you'v mentioned very high up there pvp against vets is like shooting a tank with a 22 rifle.  

you basically will be able to support and help other "vet" players, and if you are lucky you might even get a few killing blows but in a 1 vs 1 (or a fair number fight) you will be at a serious disadvantage. this is why you see all those pvp videos on youtube with 1 guy killing tons of players all by himself, it's because he has way more hp, way faster, way more damage, way more protection and defences, way more healing, etc etc.

you can still definately have fun even as a nube in DF. you dont have to own everyone 1v1 in order to have a blast but you have to be aware that untill you'v gotten your skill quite high, you will die a lot more then others. and getting those skill up is grindy.