Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's my idea for a 'different mmo'... Someone steal it and make it a success! LOL.

Zaxx99Zaxx99 Member Posts: 1,761

Here's just a random thought I had for a totally different and certainly unique new mmorpg....

Let's call it 'INSEX ONLINE' just as a prototype name for now. Hey maybe leave it as "Insex Online"... got sex in the name, well ALL know that "sex sells" lol.

This game world will not be round, but rather be a large virtual park. Giant trees, millions of succulent green blades of grass, and literally thousands of different insects roaming about, busy as bees.

And that is EXACTLY what this mmo races will be. Not elves, humans, and orcs, but rather ants, bees, wasps, and other such insects.

Only insects that typically form huge colonies should probably be choices to select from, as the colonies will be the standard mmo "guild". Obviously, will will be able to join many different colonies once we select a bee, ant or whatever.

So if you choose an ant for example, you will probably want to join an ant colony soon as living in this natural world of many enemies might be very tough without a secure tunnel home to come back to. Other hungry ant players might see you as a nice meal and easily make mince meat of you as well due to the numbers vs you alone.

Ants will be able to dig tunnels underground, take care of young, and obviously hunt for food for the colony to level up. Perhaps there will be quests such as collecting enough food to feed 20 larvae, etc.

Bees will have similar type of goals but will be able to fly about the park in search of nectar, but while being a bee and getting the ability to fly will be cool a huge enemy of bees is hungry ant colonies that might invade a bee hive to rob them of their larvae.

To make the game fun, obviously we might want to add in lots of different attacks, special attacks, and perhaps even magic spells with names such as "Saliva Missile" and "Venom Shot".

I dunno, I really haven't put more then like 10 minutes worth of thought into it, but at the moment it does certainly seem like it might be a good idea for a mmorpg.

At least it would be different! ;-)

Tell me I'm nuts. Go ahead. But this is exactly why I can post this. I am not making this game, therefore I have no risk at all, lol. But hey, if you do take my idea and make a million dollars, throw me like 2% anyhow huh? Oh, and OF COURSE I get a free copy of the game and a free lifetime membership! :-P

- Zaxx

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

A SimAnt MMO.

Go for it! :)

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

Sounds like it could be fun if it was made to be a sandbox.

• Zaxx99Zaxx99 Member Posts: 1,761

Originally posted by jusomdude
    Sounds like it could be fun if it was made to be a sandbox.

Oh for sure@ Sandbox is what most the players want nowdays I really think.

Maybe also instead of just have different servers all a copy of each other like in all the other mmos, this one could actually have different servers be different parks altogether. Maybe one server is Jefferson Park, another server is Lincoln Park, Valley Park, etc.

And also when you first make your new insect avatar, like a bee, wasp, or ant or whatever, you will be like a single grey boring color for example. When you join a colony of others, you will take in their design to give you cool red and black colors or whatever. And of course if you start your own colony and get so many followers to start such a new colony, you get to make the design/colors then all future followers of the colony will carry when they become one of the family.

:-)

- Zaxx

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973

You have great imagination, i give you that. From what i understand, it looks like a "2nd job" MMO, in the end we just wanna play games.