Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWG monthly fee

Is there any chance of SWG's monthly fee lowering anytime soon? If so, by how much?

Comments

• NarkaiNarkai Member Posts: 2

Thanks in advance for any useful info. ::::31::

• MotorheadMotorhead Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

Will never happen.

--------------------------------------------
    I'm like a Superhero without the powers or motivation.

----------------------------------------------
    "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb." -- Batman

• FerettFerett Member Posts: 51
       Oh, monthly fee? They'd have to pay people to get them to play that game in my oppinion.

• GoRs0nGoRs0n Member Posts: 1

I just started to play the game with the expansion and i LOVE it

• nolfnolf Member UncommonPosts: 869

Originally posted by Narkai
    Is there any chance of SWG's monthly fee lowering anytime soon? If so, by how much?

The has been no talk or even rumors of this happening, and I doubt it will. The history of mmorpgs have shown little change in the monthly fee, considering the companies that finance them do a lot of research and math to figure out what to charge, in order to reach whatever profit margin the would like to get.

If you're waiting for SWG's fee to lower, you'll probably be waiting a long time.

Maybe shoot for games with no monthly fees. I know guild wars is supposedly going to be monthly fee free (or at least last I heard).

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.

• realmike15realmike15 Member Posts: 53

Please take this from someone who has played this game from over a year, on the second biggest server "Chilastra".

They will not lower the cost, the disgusting thing is they are doing nothing for us.  They tell you they are working on the combat upgrade, and thats fine and dandy.  But the patches they upload in the last 4-6 months have been nothing but things that took them 2-3 days to do.  One of the most recent patches was something they called "Life Day".  Its a single quest, thats right one quest.  They have so many problems to fix and all they do is add.  If you are still enjoying the game, then all the power to you.  All I can say is numbers dont lie, I have seen so many veterans quit its rediculous.  Some how they have managed to make this game 90% worse then it was when it started.  I know i've gone off topic here but my advice to you is, stop paying until they fix it.  When they stop being lazy, I will start paying again.  When I started playing that game is was a fairly good game.  I'm not telling anyone to stay away for ever.  But just let them know you are canceling until they get off their a**es and start doing things.

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

I dont agree with the last comments. Yes, a lot needs to be done still, especially in the ground combat area. However, many of those patches mentioned did take MORE than 2-3 days.

Chef was an unplayable profession .. got a complete revamp and you can now get filthy rich as chef and have so much choice of things to craft that maybe you never tried it all.

Droid Engineer was a bugged profession for masochists (who knows that better than me !) and is now a viable profession that is challenging and ensures you a nice income (not the money maker like chef with his buffs or armor- or weaponsmith but I cant complain).

So they DO revise professions .. and often for the better.

Creature patch ... half a dozen creatures you can ride.

Vehicle patch ..   6 vehicles you can use to zoom over the countryside (and that makes it MUCH easier to avoid all the baddies if you want).

City Patch .. Player cities .. a real community builder that forges close knit communities that prepare events and make it easy for you to get all the common stuff you need a few steps out of your house.

Space Expansion ... quick travel from any planet to any planet, dogfights, loot ...

Yes, veterans leave the game. Which is perfectly normal for all the MMORPGs I know. And tell you what: At least half are coming back after some weeks, months or half a year. I see it all the time. Its all about community .. find a great group and even in the times of WoW and EQ2 and Matrix Beta your numbers will be growing and you have fun every day. There was a player drain when CoH came out .. and almost all are back at SWG after some weeks being a superhero. WoW will be the same, because ultimately its a nice game, but does not have as much potential as SWG .. which takes longer to fix the probllems but in the long run keep you more hooked than other games can ...

Have fun

Erillion

• MotorheadMotorhead Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

Originally posted by Erillion

City Patch .. Player cities .. a real community builder that forges close knit communities that prepare events and make it easy for you to get all the common stuff you need a few steps out of your house.

Community builder?  I've never seen 5 people at one time in any player city....

Those things should really be called ghost-towns.

--------------------------------------------
    I'm like a Superhero without the powers or motivation.

----------------------------------------------
    "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb." -- Batman

Motorhead ... this means you are obviously living in the wrong town and/or on the wrong server. Not active enough or in a remote location without shuttle access without a well stocked mall. Maybe not enough or the wrong mission terminals and/or trainers. No faction bases nearby maybe. No interesting POIs nearby maybe. Possibly no cantina , cloner or med center ?

There are many things to make a city more attractive.

And yes, at off peak hours you wont see many people in a city ... as you wont see too many people in the game. With the differentiation between European, American and Asian servers there are now distinct peaks in player population as people tend to play on their local servers for better ping. Exceptions are possible of course (I am a European mostly playing on a US server).

Have fun

Erillion

• Fenrir767Fenrir767 Member Posts: 595
    The game has a ton of potential but the dev seemed determined for it to never fully realize. Also Worlf of Warcraft pulled a lot of people from everygame not just SWG. Also with the way blizzard is handling things and the fact that over half of the community is people who never played MMORPGs. I doubt you will see a lot of people returning to SWG. IF they really work and fix the game then ya I would love to comback. But as of right now the game has the most amazing features ever. But the game has no content or point to it what so ever. For this reason alone the fee should go down then maybe people would come back.

Also can't forget the superior customer service of other games and the fact that some of the os games that everyone came back to SWG for have new features on the way out in the next couple of months like City of Villains which address a lot of the problems people left the game for. Also you have the Battlegrounds coming to WoW and more. SWG is gonna be hard pressed to be worth the $ it is today. I really hope they fix the game I would love to play it again but as of right now I'm gone for good.

Originally posted by Erillion

I dont agree with the last comments. Yes, a lot needs to be done still, especially in the ground combat area. However, many of those patches mentioned did take MORE than 2-3 days.
    Chef was an unplayable profession .. got a complete revamp and you can now get filthy rich as chef and have so much choice of things to craft that maybe you never tried it all.
    Droid Engineer was a bugged profession for masochists (who knows that better than me !) and is now a viable profession that is challenging and ensures you a nice income (not the money maker like chef with his buffs or armor- or weaponsmith but I cant complain).
    So they DO revise professions .. and often for the better.
    Creature patch ... half a dozen creatures you can ride.
    Vehicle patch ..   6 vehicles you can use to zoom over the countryside (and that makes it MUCH easier to avoid all the baddies if you want).
    Space Expansion ... quick travel from any planet to any planet, dogfights, loot ...

Yes, veterans leave the game. Which is perfectly normal for all the MMORPGs I know. And tell you what: At least half are coming back after some weeks, months or half a year. I see it all the time. Its all about community .. find a great group and even in the times of WoW and EQ2 and Matrix Beta your numbers will be growing and you have fun every day. There was a player drain when CoH came out .. and almost all are back at SWG after some weeks being a superhero. WoW will be the same, because ultimately its a nice game, but does not have as much potential as SWG .. which takes longer to fix the probllems but in the long run keep you more hooked than other games can ...

Have fun
    Erillion

All those examples are correct.  The problem is all those patches were done a long time ago.  I understand you feel that they have done things for this game, but I'm still currently in the game and we have gotten nothing in the last 2-3 months.  Please dont quote me but its something around that time.  If I log into my station account and copy paste our patches within the last 2-3 months, they are all 2-3 days with the exception of JTL.  I agree the patches you are speaking of is when they cared.  I truely feel someone in up management just doesn't care anymore.  Because I haven't seen anything from them in at least 2-3 months, probably more.

I hope this doesn't sound like I'm mokking what you said.  But my esimates were actually very under exaderated.  Out of curiosity I went to their website to check out what the most recent update was that you listed.  The droid update you are speaking of happened June 9th of 2004.  Couldn't you partially agree that is very sad?  The only other major publish before that was the jedi revamp, September 30th 2004, which only affects a small percentage of the community, the jedi.  Keep in mind I was a jedi, and even I was disappointed to see the only fixes were jedi fixes.  So not counting Patch 9&10 since they were both jedi only fixes.  We have not had a fix that did not require more then a few days of work since June of 2004.  It would be really unfair to count the jedi fix as they improved the game for a very small percent of the community.  I hope you see mine and other peoples frustration.

• zensaberzensaber Member UncommonPosts: 787

for 21.99 in feb 01 u can play all MMOs made by SOE inculding SWG so its cheaper then paying for a EQ2 account and a SWg account lol

Hi Realmike,

>>>>>

we have gotten nothing in the last 2-3 months. 

>>>>>

I do agree that the pace has slowed somewhat around X-mas. It was my understanding that this was the first time after 4 years development and testing that almost the whole team got 3 weeks vacation without "emergencies" after working 6-7 days a week for years. I am talking about the coders here, not the management. And frankly speaking I think these guys deserve some "life" after years of slaving away for us.

On the other hand SWG WAS very busy .. but with something we (non Asian) dont really see. Shortly before X-mas SWG has been launched in Japan and most of Patch 11.3 and 12 is related to make the game compatible with Kanji .. and ironing out all the problems of translating as well as smooth running of Japanese servers. NOTHING of that can be seen in the Patch notes that we get. So while the latest patches seem "lightweight" to us, they were in fact large patches.

I also think you overlook the start of the Loot Patch, which has brought quite a lot new stuff into the game. At least in my guild people have reacted well to all the new stuff you can get from swiping the landscape clean of mobs. And me - as a crafter - I am looking forward to the new recycler units. No more tiny bits of this and that lying around and clogging my storage space.

I also see an improvement in UI performance, game speed and some old annoying problems like vanishing items when crossing server boundaries and the infamous butt slide problem. So -- while there were no spectacular improvements for the veterans in January, I am quite satisfied with the progress of SWG lately.

Have fun

Erillion

test -please ignore

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

• ValdinValdin Member UncommonPosts: 15
    And beyond all of that, SWG has just been added to the All Access Subscription for anyone wanting to play Everquest, Everquest 2, Planetside and Star Wars Galaxies as well as Tanarus and the other small games.

• MarkuMarku Member Posts: 452

SWG would of died along time ago if it wasnt for all the starwars fan boys :-P

if the fee was lowered t0 £0 i would play it but 15 dollars isnt worth how the game is right now. IMO.