Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All New Beta Testers Please Read

MunkaMunka Member UncommonPosts: 252

The minutes creep by, and we become more and more impatient. The wait is hard, but keep your chin up. :) Here's a little something for everyone to read and take into concideration, ecspecially thoughs new to beta testing MMORPGs.

1) There will be bugs! Oh yes, expect them, and learn to deal with them in the right way. When your account is activated, you will have access to the Beta Forum where you can let the Dev's know about the bugs you find. Keep it constructive and to the point.

2) Treat the Dev's and other Mutable Realms Staff with respect. Sometimes we get fustrated and annoyed with things and end up taking it out on the staff. Please don't do this. They are working their asses off for us and have spent along time trying to the best they can.

3) Not all of the planed features are in the game yet. Somethings may be broken, bugged or just not put in yet. This is the way of things with MMOG's. Something may not ever make it into the game, some may not make it till official release.

4) Play test the game, that's why we're "Beta Testers". Try everything out, play all the races, use all the skills and explore everything. The more bugs and issues we find, the better the game will be at final release.

5) System requirements are high. I know alot of you are having issues with this, but it is the way of things. Ensure your computer is in good working order. Patch Windows, Update your drivers, remove crap and unused/needed software. Spyware is a huge issue these days, get rid of it. Check for viruses, etc... A key rule when playing games of any type on PC is to close all unneeded program BEFORE running the game. Example: Instant Messangers, E-mail Programs, Web Browsers, etc... The less running in the "background" the more memory you have and your game experiance will be more enjoyable.

6) Enjoy the game! Have fun, join up with some buddies, or make new friends. This should not be an unhappy experiance.

-------------------------------------
Shuttle XPC SN41G2
AMD Athlon 2000+ CPU
1 GHz DDR 400 RAM
GForce 4 Ti 4400 128MB DDR
40GIG & 80GIG Western Digital HD
Samsung CD/DVD Writer Combo Drive
Windows XP Pro

Comments

• MuraisMurais Member UncommonPosts: 1,118

of course dude, that's what MMORPG's are about! ::::28::

-------------------------------------
    ummm... yeh

*Long Live Dimebag Darrel*

*RIP*

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

Originally posted by Munka
    4) Play test the game, that's why we're "Beta Testers". Try everything out, play all the races, use all the skills and explore everything. The more bugs and issues we find, the better the game will be at final release.

This is imposible. The game is so big and if everyone start over, with a new caracter the world will never be explored completly. The best thing is to stick with one caracter and completly test that. everything is getting test, you are one of the 60.000....so every race is beeing test by a couple of 1000 poeple. But i agree ppl shoudl really report bug, you play the game for free and this should be you payment, and it improves the game with is also good for the played....

• stlouisarch1stlouisarch1 Member Posts: 90
    Most of you dont know this, but i live in Huntsville Alabama right now and about i think in 2002 we had career day in High School.  This guy from MR in Huntsville came to my school, and i saw it in actual play.  The movement was all real-time at that time, the combat played like Everquest, the graphics looked like Knight Online and well it was a major work in progress. Heck, I even asked him what people there trying to get into the wish experience and he said mostly Everquest players.  He also said that there were a couple of people on MR's staff that worked for EQ when it launched so i can trust MR's staff.  But what wierd is, they were trying to get EQ players but now there focusing on the UO players instead.  Amazing what 2 years in development can do to a game!!