Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Complicated & Casual

goblagobla Member UncommonPosts: 1,412

Hey everyone,

I'm really looking for a game that has some serious complexity but doesn't require you to make appointments with your guild members whenever you want to do something. Next to that I'd like an active playerbase, no item-shop ( thus P2P/B2P ) and if possible a trial or a cheap starting price.

I've played WoW which does offer the casualness I want but really lacks in complexity.

I loved the complexity of EvE but I simply hate having to always organise any meaningfull activity with corpies.

So basically the following:

- Complex crafting and possibly player housing or world building.

- Complex character advancement, the type you need to read guides about to understand.

- Easy grouping for instances and PvP.

- Active population.

- P2P or B2P, no item-shop.

- Free Trial or cheap first month.

We are the bunny.
Resistance is futile.
''/\/\'''''/\/\''''''/\/\
( o.o) ( o.o) ( o.o)
(")("),,(")("),(")(")

Comments

• AlysenMinaseAlysenMinase Member Posts: 361

EVE's complex, but casual since your skills train offline. Has everything you listed as well.

Playing - EVE, Wurm

Retired - Final Fantasy XI, Anarchy Online, Mabinogi

Waiting - ArcheAge, Salem

• rpgamer13rpgamer13 Member UncommonPosts: 73

if you don't care about graphics to much . or too much pvp or combat. wurm online is all about world building

http://wurmonline.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

changing the land filling in water to make new land. or rasing dirt higher with a mountain. mining though mountians. ect.

they have a pvp server kingdom vs kingdom also. but combat a bit wierd

free to play is great as a past time while ytour main game is down for updates ect...

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

No game I ever played truly fit.

Vanguard have all the features right but have not a active population.

Guildwars have no crafting or player housing (but guildhouses).

Those 2 are sadly the closest things I can think of. Or you can wait for GW2, it seems to have all those features and hopefully get a large community.

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298

Originally posted by gobla

Hey everyone,

I'm really looking for a game that has some serious complexity but doesn't require you to make appointments with your guild members whenever you want to do something. Next to that I'd like an active playerbase, no item-shop ( thus P2P/B2P ) and if possible a trial or a cheap starting price.

I've played WoW which does offer the casualness I want but really lacks in complexity.

I loved the complexity of EvE but I simply hate having to always organise any meaningfull activity with corpies.

- Complex character advancement, the type you need to read guides about to understand.

- Active population.

Darkfall is only $9.95 now and is the most challenging game for someone who only wants to craft.  They also have a 14 day free trial.  There is a surge in new players in the game because of the sale and plenty of clans out there recruiting players.  Pure PVPers hate crafting so you can get rich by only crafting (enchanting is where real money is and its VERY complex).

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• NewfrNewfr Member UncommonPosts: 133

Originally posted by Loke666

No game I ever played truly fit.

Sad but true

• AntaranAntaran Member Posts: 579

Originally posted by gobla

Hey everyone,

- Active population.

I'm going to play Devil's Advocate and say this seeign as no one else has yet.. Star Wars Galaxies. You can log in do what you want, log off and feel like you've done something, as much as people would hate to admit it, it does have quite a few players still, just pick the right server (i think Chimaera and one of the US servers still have a healthy population). Instances and PvP are always populated and groups about for them these days and PvP is optional, you can flag yourself PvP availible or not, when flagged it's open world PvP with other flagged people, Imperial vs Rebel and there are also some PvP areas like restuss that are pretty much always active. Crafting is the most complex you'll find from my experience, you don't just grab certain resourses and slap them together, each resourse type has sub catagories (mineral = ferous metal/non ferous metal etc) and within each sub catagory you have the various types (aluminum, steel, iron etc) and then those resourses have stats to them, different crafter types look for different stats that they need for each resourse. then once you got your resourses you start to craft, you experiment while crafting also, to improve different aspects of an item, weapons for example, you experiment with min dmg, max dmg and other aspects in order to make a good item. It has a 14 day free trial from official website other than that it's a sub based game.