Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

List of controllers that work best with PC version.

fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868

This game is almost impossible to play without a controler if you own the PC version, it is deeply recommended that you get a controller giving you 95% better functionality with this game.

Heres a list of controllers I use, if you have any others that y ou use , please list them.

I use two types of controlers, the wired and wireless.

I use the logitech dual action wired.   Its setup just like the playstation controller and ffxi config menu has it set as the default seettings already.    My last one lasted for three years up to the point where I tripped over the cord, giving it a short.

I also use the logitech Dual action rumbler wireless.   I bought this couple years ago, is also set up excacly like  the ps2 controler and  also works perfect and very well setup for use as default settings. 

The logitech website has tons of controllers but I found these two to be the best fit for PC version so far.

Comments

• DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

120% agree that controllers make the game better for me.. I tried to go back a week ago and realized after I switched to PC, I never stopped using my xbox controller for it.

Still, most people I know did quite well with kb/mouse.

Oh and xbox controller with usb adapter works perfectly. No need for readers to fear some incompatibility issues.

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

• SwitchxASwitchxA Member Posts: 7

I do love controller play as well. I really like the PS2 version, but FFXI on PC looks much better and is more customizible.

I just started using a Gamemon USB adaptor today that supports GC, XBox, and PS/PS2 controllers. I hooked up an old PS2 controller, downloaded the driver, and she works like a charm. I bought the adaptor at Walmart years ago for $10. I don't believe it lasted long, but if you can find one or own one it's worth hooking it up.