Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What you Love and Hate about EQ2 ?

hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

Thats pretty much it.

I wanna know what you, EQ2 player, Love and Hate about your game.

don't be shy, let your emotions flow.

Comments

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

I hate that SoE has the game. They make changes, as they always have, without consideration of the veteran players.

I love.....pretty much everything else.

I love the housing, the crafting (especially carpentry, which allows me to make MY houses totally unique and ultra cool). My houses are some of the nicest on my server and each is very different in theme from the others.

I love collections...crafter collections, regular collections, GM collections....all collections.

I love GM events, or "guide events" as they're actually called.

I love the level of challenge as it increases as the levels get higher.

I love harvesting.

I love that there is gear and rewards for crafters and harvesters.

I love the appearance gear and how, as a tailor, I can even MAKE appearance gear sets that are totally unique and not look like anyone else on the server.

I love the quests and the lore.

I love the social cohesiveness on my server and that all in all....people are very nice.

I love the mentor system.

I love all the holiday events.

I love that I can actually "make a living" doing crafting, that my tailoring and provisioning, specifically, net me quite a good "income."

This list could get very very very long, so I'll stop here.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

wow, you really love it, alot of loves and just 1 hate ! haha

what is your server ?

I'm on Everfrost. :) And yes...I pretty much love EQ2. lol

Oh I forgot  (probably a lot more will come to me too, but  for now):

I love Legends of Norrath (the virtual card game).  I love that we get a free pack of cards every month....I have won lots of cool things from the card game.

I love that the spells look different depending on the level of spell you have. The higher quality spells have cooler animations. :)

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

What Just1opinion said. 

I love the collections and housing the most! This is something I haven't really seen in other MMOs. The housing in the best I have ever seen in an MMO. I remember my going for the first time to my guild's guild hall and it looked like a designer designed it :) I thought it was a premade thing. Then I realised it was done by guild mates. And i was like totalllly droooling over the place!

I like questing in this game. The zones have a magical vibe to them and most importantly you can regulate your experience gain or decrease your level to play a zone you might have missed. I normally liked to play with just one toon and this gives me the opportunity to experience everything with one char without doing trivial quests :)

I love the Alternate System!

I love that there are quite a few classes and they have a NECRO!!!!!!!

Also I am quite pleased with the amount of content. There is so much to do!

Did I mention mentoring?? Every MMO should have this as well as the ability to lower your level.

Apperance system is very good!

THey give you massive bags. Gigantic if you ask me. There are 44 slot bags and you can have 6 bags! That's only what your char can carry!

The combat system is quite engaging with lots of buttons to push!

The engine runs like crap! It is simply not kewl. That's the biggest con of EQ2.

And some time they tend to go for quantity over quality. But otherwise a great gamme :)

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

THe housing system is instanced,right ? like lotro ?

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Yes.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• I love the traditional style races.

I love the traditonal style classes.

I love the dungeons.

I love the zones.

I hate that their is no certain reason to choose a certain race except a lame racial ability.

I hate that all the classes can spec to be any role in a group. it ruins the aspect of being a warrior if you can't tank.

I hate that no one does dungeons unless you're getting mentored or 'ran through' the dungeon.

I hate that you don't really have to go through any zones any more.

So yeah you see....I loved the game when it was released. ^.^

Originally posted by kuhronusu

THe housing system is instanced,right ? like lotro ?

It being instanced....is the ONLY way the housing is like LotRO. LotRO customization SUCKS....I mean REALLY sucks.

EQ2 doesn't limit you to say 20 things that have to be set on "hooks." You can place furniture and decorations LITERALLY anywhere if you use the editor. Even if you DON'T use the editor you can place stuff damn near anywhere.  The editor just helps for when you want to do major inventions of design, basically.  Like when you want to use regular furniture to design, say....a bay window looking out on the ocean including water sounds and you're doing it with pieces of furniture and items that are unrelatied to the end design but used as pieces of the design.  Hard to explain, but trust me.....it's awesome.

• NiiehNiieh Member Posts: 46

I love:

- The lore, the stories and the quests

- The huuuuuge amount of content - there's always so many fun things to do

- The housing system

- The mentoring system

- the AA system

- The open dungeons

- All the fluff - titles, mounts, furniture, nice clothes, cool pets, ...

- Collections

- They always have the coolest events

I hate:

- The engine - on my pc i can play on high graphics settings, but on my laptop, I have to put it on extreme performance and it's still laggy and somethimes I think it will blow up ;) 

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

Things I like : the lore, the quests, the zones, the classes, well basically 98% of the game. Much of what I like is listed above in previous posts. I like 98% of what this game has to offer as far as mechanics, fluff, artwork, etc.

Things I hate : the engine on my laptop. It runs like poo even in extreme performance and it's the only game that seems to suck on my computer performance-wise. Harvesting... I find it very tedious though I do it anyway since I like the rewards from some of the quests and I like crafting.

Things I am neutral towards: the cash shop. I am not that fond of it though on Live it doesn't seem to hurt anything at least on the server I'm on.

What I wish for: a side-kick system a la CoH where a lower level character can be artificially boosted up but lack abilities and have weaker skills/spells than their counterparts who are of the real level. It's another way for players to get together and play which is good in my view.

RvR with evil, good and neutral image

I'm being a little facetious about that last one but if EQ2 had a great engine and RvR in it, it would be absolutely amazing.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

What i like: The spellgraphics

What i dont like: The overall graphics and costs compared to other mmorpgs

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED