Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does this site make anyone else sick?

2»

Comments

• CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

well i think the legitimate companies who are going to flourish in the next few years understand that. McQuaid is focusing on the story. DnL has recruited Gary Gygax. Dragon Empires had Piers Anthony working for them before shutting down /cry. I think the future is bright. If your upset because WoW and EQ2 sucks well c'mon everyone knew WoW was nothing new. EQ2 i think people had hopes for but shortly after word started leaking from beta it was clear the game would suck. I gotta admit after grinding on EQ i'm not looking for a big grind. However, a game thats worthy of playing usually will have one and i'm willing to grind if i have to. EQ is great for me now because i cant get any more exp. Now its all about raiding and making friends. If they'd overhaul the graphics and migrate it to some new technology the game would still be number 1. Well maybe they should patch up the storyline too cuz it's really messed up. You make too much of Eve-Online imho. Eve-online is made for the casual player. Its more an mmorpg lite. I barely play but its a nice game to have for a change of pace. I keep my skills training. I'm in an alliance in 0.0 space. I can go gank a few pirates when i like. If a new game expects me to play it better have the following qualities.. 1) it better make sense. the lore, the objectives and the rules. 2) it needs decent graphics. 3) it needs to be dynamic. static content gets stale. if you cant create a dynamic world dont bother. 4) innovations. if you cant create something new then why are you doing anythng at all?

You can pretty much tell which game has a chance and which doesnt just by their forums. Reading what the devs say and such. If the devs dont listen to the community it means they dont expect it to live long. They're writing a program and that program will sell a bit and hopefully they'll turn a profit. But then theres forums where the Owner or the Artists interact with the community on a daily basis. They listen and respond. It's not about absolutes its about ideas. These are the games that really lead the way.

Wish, Vanguard, DnL these are the games of the future.. which of the 3 will be the prime time player.. who knows but its going to be fun finding out :)

• lynnelynne Member Posts: 34

I am not sure why it's pointless to re-start a game you said you really liked.  I mean, yeh it can be gross to have to build the character up from the ground a second time.  But then again, if you truly like the game then it should be fun because you like the game.  If you really like the game then you shouldn't care if your character isn't the most powerful character around.  Re-roll the character and have a blast playing the game forget about being l337 or whatever.

PS People who sell their accounts and whine about it get what they deserve. Nothing ruins an MMO like bought/sold characters.

I know I shouldn't flame but selling accounts really irks me!

• r1tualr1tual Member Posts: 559

I like Eve,  but I dont like it so much that I would subscribe for another year to get to where I was.  I have no regrets selling my character.  I just would go crazy having to start over in Eve.  I wasnt putting as much time into the game lately anyways.  It is my favorite MMORPG,  but I can part with it.

Nothing wrong with selling accounts. 

CCP does nothing to prevent it.  Just a tarnish on their company really,  they are well aware of the 100+ Eve Online auction on Ebay every single day.

I wouldnt of sold my account if it was illegal. 

A EULA is not a legal agreement.  If it was I would not have sold it.  And if CCP was putting effort into stopping auctions ,  then I would of had some compassion and not sold my account. 

But they dont care,  why should I? 

Even mmorpg.com has advertisements for websites that sell MMO items.

• lynnelynne Member Posts: 34

I didn't say it was illegal.  I said that it damages the game, and I also think sites that sell in game items and money also hurt the game.  No, it's not illegal but it does ruin the integrity of the game.  It creates an unbalanced environment where there are a huge number of high level characters, that by rights should not be there.  I guess my point it is somewhat unethical to sell chars items and money.  I am not sure if unethical is exactly the right word here, but it's the best I can come up with.

Since, as you pointed out, it is not technically illegal to sell your accounts companies really have a hard time cracking down on it.  Seems to me there was a bit of a battle between eBay and Verant over EQ chars for sale.  In the end I believe that there was nothing they could really do about it.  Without any legal backing it's hard for these companies to crack down on the sale of accounts.

Unfortunately these actions hurt everyone while seeming to hurt no one.  The purchaser of the character misses out on content and the opportunity to learn how to play the character effectively.  The company gets a bad repuation as the person who bought the char often ends up quitting because they think the game is too hard or no fun.  Finally it really hurts the player community as the bought character can't really contribute to the community as they really have just been dropped into a role without understanding how to play.

OK, that is it I know better than to flame, honest, I just can't seem to stop.  Apologies to the innocent bystanders.

• zoey121zoey121 Member Posts: 926

i am acatuly waiting to see the posts of the fan boys that liked whatever game then post i m leaving cause posts.

in a way swg spoiled me to level based games. In early days of swg folks grouped no matter what level you were and could use diferent skill sets which was nice not being locked into one class forever.

After trying both of the new offerings i realized i got majorly "hooked" on the skill set instead of the level based systems. I liked switching hats on the same toon

i hated hearing 18 -22 level  a b c class, for a paticular group, them inspecting your equipment and if not up to par ........not getting a spot, then finding out in one game if you did group, the endings were all the same ( shared debt experaince)

so no i only got sick of ( my game is better then your's cause) but through playing others i have learned the type of game i want my next game to be and hope for

and we do read these sites to see what's coming out no one buys a game hoping they will hate it . Most get it with hope that it will be "there game for a while" but in recent times that is just not the case.