Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Character Creation

2»

Comments

• KleirKleir Member UncommonPosts: 155

Originally posted by therez0

Originally posted by Kleir

Sort of off topic, I love aion's vast amounts of customization, but I hate their means of initiating it.  Sliders suck!  It should be options 1, 2, & 3, not a scale from 1 to 3.  There is so much room to go wrong with sliders, and I am really picky when it comes to being content with the best look I can have.

I think this is a relevant discussion topic, given how little we know.

I, on the other hand love sliders. I will spend hours customizing my characters to get them just right; this is the one major area where GW1 disappointed me, the presets were just so limited.

But there are ways that we can both have our cake. As I mentioned above, the sliders represent a variable; presets are basically the same thing, just that the value is predetermined. It can be done both ways; you can have a series of presets, and then give the option to go into sliders. This is the way it's handled in Sims3--very intuitive for basic changes, just pick a preset, and highly detailed for finite changes on the sliders.

Well I think we both want many different variables to choose from for each feature.  I was thinking more along the lines of WAR or D&DO, where there are many listed variables for each feature.  Sliders are a great way of making customization seem easier, since you don't have to look through lists of traits.  But, with a slider, I just can't be content with what I choose ( I feel like I could have been a few units away from what I wanted).  Now if the slider was something like GW's height slider, then I might be okay with it.  Each unit was very defined.  It was more like clicking through then sliding through the scale.

This is similar to why I like GW2's dye system more than GW's dye system.  With having many defined preset colors to choose from, I would be happier than knowing that I have limitless color options with dye combos, that would only be a micro shade or two off from the original color.  Its almost like how each feature can be a micrometer off in width, length, etc. with the sliders.

"Many have eyes, but few have seen." - Goddess Lyssa