Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My views so far..

hainzeyhainzey Member Posts: 23

So... Last night I began playing this game for the first time. I tryed not to 'research' anything about the game to see how swiflty the game can be to learn and how easy it is to navigate. Anyway, here is what I thought.

Character creation

Character creation was extremly easy, Although some features did lack, I can understand for the game being F2P/item mall based. It took me a while to decide what race/class I wanted to play, I definitly wanted to play a healing class but was rather gutted dwarves could not play as priests.

First Hour

The first hour within the game is a simple one, important things such as the prayer system will shine to catch your eye, and have an explanation for you. The first few quests take you around the town to acquire needed items such as a weapon and armor. You also get given a box inside your inventory, which at every 5 levels gives you items which are important around that time. Quests are given an auto-routing system (such as those within other PWE games) to help you find the needed npcs/enemies. All the information NEEDED to know is told to you, just don't do what I did and skip through the quest text, some of it can be important.

Combat

Combat is just like any other standard mmorpg game. But it can become quite repetitive, you only start with a standard couple of skills. Mobs at the very start of the game seem to be extremly simple to kill at a fast rate. Looting on the other hand, if you do not see an item fall to the ground, you will completly miss it, so maybe a notification should be shown in the chat log, or auto body loot should be an option within settings.

User Interface

At first, I hated the interface, all I could ever see in freedom harbor was just names everywhere, It was driving me mental. So I decided to take a look into the UI settings, and what dya know, you can turn them all off. After cleaning my screen off with names,guild tags etc. Things seemed alot cleaner. You have two actions bars, one at the bottom, one to the side, both of these have a simple button on them to add another 2 bars to each one, allowing access to more skills on the interface. All of your menu shortcuts are hidden away nicely in the top right hand corner of the screen. The chat log is split into two, one for world chat and one for everything else, world chat can become quite busy and annoying, but most mmo players would be use to this general kind of chat.

Instance/Grouping

I have currently played two instances, as a healer. So far they just seem tank and spank and so on, but what do I know, all I see is name plates and holy auras. Healing was extremely tedious during the first instance, Priest only have one healing spell up until level 20, which also has a cooldown, making it an extremly boring sit and wait, spamming of one hotkey. The first instance was also just a small room, with three bosses. Each boss took a while for the group to get down, but only one of the bosses gave me a problem during healing, the other two, were just a faceroll moment. I could of eaten a cake and played with my feet during them. The second instance was alot bigger and took alot more healing, this instance wasn't so boring. The experience from instances seems extremly low, unless given instance quests, which insanely fill your xp bar. Some of these quests can also be repeated 3 times. Getting into an instance group, was also extremly easy, you just open up the party window, apply to the instance you want, and it seems to find a group almost instantly, although I guess times are extremly busy atm being in beta.

Jobs

So far, I have only experienced 3 of the jobs within Forsaken world. Alchemy, botanist and cooking. I am currently loving alchemy, but the other two I am just finding dull and boring. No idea why, probably just down to personal preference. Recipes can be aquired easy from vendors all around the world. Jobs seem easy to level at the lower rates, I am still yet to try the higher rates.

Pets

Now this is a system I extremly enjoyed in forsaken world. Every character gets a pet, or more. You start by talking to a pet dealer within freedom harbor. She then gives you a quest explaining how pets work etc, you get to choose between 3 pets; A turtle, a wolf and a ram. Each pet has eats a different kind of food and works in a different way. To aquire a pet, you need to find a 'pet stone' (looks alot like a fossil). You then put this pet stone into your hatching area, and wait for it to pop up as hatchable. The longer a pet stays in the hatching area though, the stronger it will be born as. After choosing your first pet, a quick and easy tutorial takes you through how to hatch your pet and so on. Now once you have entered combat, your pet will begin to attack your enemy. You gain interaction points to use on your pet, you can then interact with the pet in several ways ; Compliment, reward, praise, touch, annoy etc. Each interaction changes the pets mood and how it acts in combat.

Prayer system

You can pray 4 times a day, with an hour cooldown. The prayer gives you free experience, and sometimes 'the gods' may reward you. I am still yet to receive an item off the gods, but have received a large amount of experience from this. The prayer system also seems to work towards a 'world progression', I am currently not sure what this is for but when I last checked it was on 11%.

Events

I have still yet to try these.

Talent system

Just like any other game, at a certain level ,you can begin to improve your class in certain areas, how you want. I have only just unlocked talents, but so far they seem alot similar to other games. Here is a link to check out the talent system; http://fw.perfectworld.com/talentcalc

Collections

Collectable items/achievements which get recorded into a special journal. These collections can be found in several different ways. Instances, quests, lying around, vendors, leveling up etc. I am still unsure as to what rewards you get after collecting a certain amount though.

Graphics/spell effects

Graphics are definitly not too shabby, some of the best I have seen for a F2P game. The spell effects arn't exactly anything special though.

Thanks for reading, sorry if I have forgot to add anything. If theres anything else you would like to know, let me know and I will try my best to sort it, or you could check http://fw.perfectworld.com/

I am currently playing on lionheart (I think) server. If you are also playing and have x-fire, add my user, hainzey :)

Comments

• SourajitSourajit Member UncommonPosts: 472

The above post is indeed a very well written idea about the game.

I played in CB3 and again playing in CB4.

I have found major improvements in CB4 regarding smoothness of the gameplay. I do not lag anymore and neither my skills get locked and the towns also do not go laggy at all.

This game is very addictive and if someone is looking for a quality F2P game then this somewhere tops my list.

The game starts becoming very interesting post level 30.

So if you are trying the game in CB4, which is now open for all regardless of keys or anything, please do try it beyond level 30.

It is interesting and challenging and mostly all fun.

Here is the official mail confirming the availability of the game to all who wants to try it before OB begans on 23rd March.

"

At long last, Phase 4 of Forsaken World's closed beta testing has begun!  This phase marks the opening of the floodgates to anyone that wants to get their hands on Forsaken World before the full launch of the game.  This means that you and all of your friends, regardless of whether a beta key has been redeemed, can test out Forsaken World during this phase!

Phase 4 has launched with some major enhancements to the overall gameplay of Forsaken World.  The biggest addition is the inclusion of a brand new PvE oriented servers.  If you're into teaming up with other players in a PvE heavy environment, the Storm and Lionheart servers are for you.  If you're more into the PvP aspect of gameplay, then the Eyrda PvP server will still be available along with any characters you may have created on it.

On top of that, a new auction house system has been implemented.  The new auction house will simplify the process of buying and selling everything from crafting materials to weapons and armor.  Additionally, Phase 4 has opened up additional realms on each server that will alleviate congestion in crowded areas, and make gathering materials for crafting professions easier than ever before.

As our final phase of closed beta testing, we expect Phase 4 to be the biggest testing period yet.  If you haven't had a chance to try out Forsaken World yet, then now is your best opportunity!  Download the game, log in today, and begin your quest to redeem the world of Eyrda!

"

The million dollar question is ?

At long last, Phase 4 of Forsaken World's closed beta testing has begun!  This phase marks the opening of the floodgates to anyone that wants to get their hands on Forsaken World before the full launch of the game.  This means that you and all of your friends, regardless of whether a beta key has been redeemed, can test out Forsaken World during this phase!

After you open the gates to everyone with or without codes and then you go for a wipe you actually doing a pre-OB and if you are doing a pre-OB with a wipe or cutting short people from their playing time through your whimsical policy change then you are enraging them also.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

Once An Addict Always An Addict .

• prototypoprototypo Member UncommonPosts: 179

All i want to know is, will i have to spend $1000+ to compete in pvp and have the best slotted gear, or has there greed subsided with PW?

• alderdalealderdale Member Posts: 301

Originally posted by prototypo

All i want to know is, will i have to spend $1000+ to compete in pvp and have the best slotted gear, or has there greed subsided with PW?

Yes be prepared to open your wallet very wide. 

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Originally posted by alderdale

Yes be prepared to open your wallet very wide. 

You mean prepare to rip your walletS

like BEYBLADES xD

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

Be prepared to be using your wallet a lot in FW after you hit level 45.

I have found out recently that they have also done a different mode for every account.

The beta mode in which players are playing now are with not too many options like getting your very own blue pet or getting a star crystal from praying.

So if you are not using your money and you are trying to make some through the game play, then your account mode can always be changed and your game can be made slower, and you can end up getting mediocre drops, and no matter what you would always end up getting the things you dont really want. On the outer cover they have made the game look like as if you can craft your way to the top but oh well, it is PWI and they are not into making games that do not put a pipeline to your WALLET in real.

The same old mana regen is still there as a constant source to CashShop money-making. The answer to this is a food recipe which I think is quite a rare drop, or a company controlled drop as far as the Beta goes.

Now they do have many new things; one of which is a soul crystal, which they are limiting by drops under LUCK and mostly in events. So it means you either have to be extremely lucky to get that drop in the event (though you have done the event really well and deserve everything you get) or use gold to buy it. In both the ways they will limit your PvP skills or better gear at higher levels.

I personally find the different mode in the account handled from the server side to be a tool which can be implemented to your account any time if they think you are using the  bandwidth and not making any CashShop purchases.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

Originally posted by Sourajit

Be prepared to be using your wallet a lot in FW after you hit level 45.

I have found out recently that they have also done a different mode for every account.

The beta mode in which players are playing now are with not too many options like getting your very own blue pet or getting a star crystal from praying.

So if you are not using your money and you are trying to make some through the game play, then your account mode can always be changed and your game can be made slower, and you can end up getting mediocre drops, and no matter what you would always end up getting the things you dont really want. On the outer cover they have made the game look like as if you can craft your way to the top but oh well, it is PWI and they are not into making games that do not put a pipeline to your WALLET in real.

The same old mana regen is still there as a constant source to CashShop money-making. The answer to this is a food recipe which I think is quite a rare drop, or a company controlled drop as far as the Beta goes.

Now they do have many new things; one of which is a soul crystal, which they are limiting by drops under LUCK and mostly in events. So it means you either have to be extremely lucky to get that drop in the event (though you have done the event really well and deserve everything you get) or use gold to buy it. In both the ways they will limit your PvP skills or better gear at higher levels.

I personally find the different mode in the account handled from the server side to be a tool which can be implemented to your account any time if they think you are using the  bandwidth and not making any CashShop purchases.

Could you post up a link with the mode info cause i cant find it anywhere, and yes i used "GOOGLE"

I wish i could provide an info. I just found it as a pretty evident case. None of the closed CB players could get the star crystal drops from prayers. Those who got and if asked they either said luck or they just ignored it. I played with around 20 - 25 characters in CB4. I clicked the correct astrological combinations too, but oh well this is not gonna happen.

Sometimes i also found that the team window when invited had epic word written, We tried to generate the same word epic and could never do it. But OB will have the better mode so I assume that the two modes exist or else how can they dicriminate accounts in server at CB3 and CB4 between official testers and random players selected to try out the game?

This is all I say after playing the game for months now and cracking the highest level in CB3 and being the silent observer but I am pretty sure, if i can observe these others also have or they might just be ignorant to analyse these stuff. After playing F2P for years now, I am disheartened to see such tools implemented.

You can try in CB4, as all can log in but its very short lived and the game is lagging again too.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

• steelfinsteelfin Member UncommonPosts: 121

the only class that differs from wow-clones in this game is the Vampire which I play.  it's the first time my auto-attack is long-range so it doesn't cost mana.  I think the soulforce thing is pretty good.  But i'm not sure if it's a bug or anything when the quest tracker continues to flicker when i put my mouse on it.  I have to manually go into my quest log which is pretty inconvinent.

I wish i could provide an info. I just found it as a pretty evident case. None of the closed CB players could get the star crystal drops from prayers. Those who got and if asked they either said luck or they just ignored it. I played with around 20 - 25 characters in CB4. I clicked the correct astrological combinations too, but oh well this is not gonna happen.

Sometimes i also found that the team window when invited had epic word written, We tried to generate the same word epic and could never do it. But OB will have the better mode so I assume that the two modes exist or else how can they dicriminate accounts in server at CB3 and CB4 between official testers and random players selected to try out the game?

This is all I say after playing the game for months now and cracking the highest level in CB3 and being the silent observer but I am pretty sure, if i can observe these others also have or they might just be ignorant to analyse these stuff. After playing F2P for years now, I am disheartened to see such tools implemented.

You can try in CB4, as all can log in but its very short lived and the game is lagging again too.

Thanx for the observation, its just that i have been bored and wanting to play a new mmo withought a $15 mon/fee. The last sub mmo i played was AOC and i maxed in a month and after that i couldnt stand the idea of raid/faction grinding for gear. I know thats a big part of endgame with mmos but in AOC it just seemed so meh.

Thanx for the observation, its just that i have been bored and wanting to play a new mmo withought a $15 mon/fee. The last sub mmo i played was AOC and i maxed in a month and after that i couldnt stand the idea of raid/faction grinding for gear. I know thats a big part of endgame with mmos but in AOC it just seemed so meh.

I will be trying the OB again. It is starting on 9th March. You can try to.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi