Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alpha tester

Ive tested this game as one of the hired tester. Part of my job is not to disclose or give an opinion about the products we test, but this product cant even be called a game and I think it is my duty as a gamer to let everyone know what MastHeadStudios really is.

This company started out as a small team, there were only 6 people who actually worked on the game. We tested the game before the planned redesign. When they decided to redesign we thought that whole engine will be tweaked but al they did is slap bunch of new graphics over the existing game, progress from then on was very slow. They later invited more testers by having community managers pick out suitable testers.  Progress was still very slow, they never told us why, and not like we cared. But it appears that certain people within the company decided to quit because they didnt see this game succeeding and were pretty much forced to quit because they coudlnt agree on what to do. What you see as "road map" is exactly what we saw 6 months and even a year ago. There were many promises but pretty much 90% of those promises never made it. Today I believe they only have 2 people (2 main coders) who are doing all the work on the game, they also have a couple more managing the community. 

Ostiak, who is believed to be Atanas Atanasov and many other aliases, who is also the head of the company and one of the coders; he posted about Road Map and I instantly had a flashback about how they he has made those promises continiously for the past 2 years on various gaming websites and to beta testers, and delivering pretty much nothing.

Right now they are not even a company with 2 people working on the game. RIght now their only goal is get as much money as possible while making it look like there is a team of 50 or 60 people working on the game. Although i believe they started out as a real company since they hired us to debug their game.

I dont want gamers to have their little hearts broken when they fall in love with the idea that is ER, and after a week of gameplay realize that this game is not really the one they thought it was, and then be called a troll on their forum for expressing their dissapointment.

Comments

• ExuberExuber Member Posts: 5

oh i love mmorpgs.com reviews for this game, First they give it a 9 then 2nd review a 7 and recommend waiting, and third review a 5 and recommend to stay away. Now thats a winning strategy, just write reviews for everyone on this board, fanbois, trolls and casuals. It doesnt have to be consistant, as long as it pleases everyone haha

• darksnake123darksnake123 Member Posts: 2

let me get this straight... they made their very own engine with 2 people? They also hired you a USA citizen according to your profile to work for them and paid you when they are a bulgarian studio? Gotta go hire that boy from the US right? (that was retorical).

Someone lost his account in under 2 weeks for hacking or something and is butthurt.

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791

Based upon the "attitude" of the poster, I would say that this is either a troll or someone that  is a disgruntled employee (or potential employee). While some of the things you have may have some truth to them, we can not just take YOUR word for it. As far as we know, you could be a plant from some other game company looking to sabotage this MMO. Or you could be an Alien from Centaur Ceti and you are about to eat all our brains. :)

Let's party like it is 1863!

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Haha

You gotta love this folks.

An user from USA with 0 posts - breaks his silence as proffesional QA tester only to warn people how Mastahead is evil company.

Straight away another user with 0 posts - reveals him as a hoax he is

LOL

Viral marketeers working overtime much ?

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112

ER right now is a joke that's true...but

You are saying they employed QA staff in really early development stage then the core team had only 6 people. Do you think I am that stupid to believe in a story of a person who knows nothing about gaming industry ? You are a laugh.

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112

Originally posted by darksnake123

let me get this straight... they made their very own engine with 2 people? They also hired you a USA citizen according to your profile to work for them and paid you when they are a bulgarian studio? Gotta go hire that boy from the US right? (that was retorical).

Don't you know ? The world is changing, Chine is overtaking US and soon all companies are going to move from China to US to find cheap labour.

• ExuberExuber Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by darksnake123

Someone lost his account in under 2 weeks for hacking or something and is butthurt.

the engine was built pretty much by two people, they did get more, but now its back to 2. Yes, they did hire testers from US, i dont know what exactly was the motive behind it, but i do live in US, work for a company based in US, and all the testing was done online. I am not an official employee of their company but from seeing how many people actually complained about this I thought i would shed some light on some of the behind the scene. I made this account just to make a post and could care less what you think, and im sure youll turn to "trolling" pretty soon yourself after you get fed up with that game, just like everyone else does.

• darksnake123darksnake123 Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by Lobotomist
    Haha
    You gotta love this folks.

An user from USA with 0 posts - breaks his silence as proffesional QA tester only to warn people how Mastahead is evil company.
    Straight away another user with 0 posts - reveals him as a hoax he is

LOL
    Viral marketeers working overtime much ?

join date 2007, mine 2006 bouyah.

• HaatchiHaatchi Member Posts: 67

I would believe it. There are too much incoherence in this game studios.

80 peoples reported as working on the gamee when we know that BIG studios only have 20-30? This small bulgarian company is screwing people, and I uninstalled their bug/game/virus from my computer.

I had so much hope in this one!!! :((

• K0TAPAKK0TAPAK Member Posts: 16

As one of the very first testers of the game I would say to OP: Stop smoking weed !

The first testers were actually relatives and friends of the team. I was the first outsider who was allowed to enter testing and it was much more time after the closed beta was announced.

There is no reason for Bulgarian studio to hire USA gamer to test Bulgarian-based servers and PAY him money for that job. Salaries in Bulgaria are way less than in USA and Western Europe. Plus there was a good base of Bulgarian - based players (we had our own forum, supported by MHS). So what is the point to hire USA-player, when you could hire for the same money 3 or 4 beta-testers from Sofia, WHO WOULD ACTUALLY WORK IN MHS OFFICE AND TEST AND REPORT DIRECTLY TO THE STAFF, NOT USING INTERNET AS FORM OF COMMUNICATION?

You obviously read some articles how WoW and some other games hired testers and you decided you could pretend to be one of them? Well, you, sir, FAIL !

• DocProjectDocProject Member Posts: 49

A professional game tester based in the US that can't even type in proper English. Someone that would also risk their job for something so trivial. Good samaritan to warn the masses about a released game... Sure.

M4ko is that you? Did you get banned again for trolling?

• ArquitetoArquiteto Member Posts: 228

The Ops lies are so obvious. As many others have pointed out. Its sad that he would waste his time to do this and spread this type of nonsense. We all may criticize the game, but its based on our opinions and actual experience.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file