Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My rig and some advice for you guys.....

gw1228gw1228 Member UncommonPosts: 127

I started playing FFXIV about 2 weeks ago I bought the game for 29.99 at gamestop from trading in games and I've been playing for free since day one and so far so good...I mean I could gripe about the games problems and I have on other forums but I want to help you guys with a PC rig that plays this game smooth as butter...

EVGA X58 MOBO

EVGA GTS 250>>>>upgraded to EVGA GTX 470 (EVGA GTS 250 played it great and the 470 is even  better)

Intel Core I7 930 set to 3.1 GHZ   the Intel Core I7 950 is 199.99 at Microcenter

4 GB DDr3 memory

1 TB

My monitor is a Samsung 46"  LED

Game runs very smooth on 1920 1080 with almost everything MAXED except for depth of field and oclusion...

RIG comes out to about 700 dollars with the power supply and an extra 60.00 for the tower

Here is more advice.....DO not play this game with the keyboard and mouse, it is like 100 times better with a gamepad

like the xbox 360 wireless controller....what hurts this game also is that the servers are in Japan that SUCKS!

Comments

• DarthMooskaDarthMooska Member UncommonPosts: 146

It seems like a waste to go from an i7 930 to a 950. I guess I'm just more frugal

I derive my strength from passion. Do you feel that? That is what seperates you and I, Jedi!

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592

Originally posted by gw1228

Here is more advice.....DO not play this game with the keyboard and mouse, it is like 100 times better with a gamepad

like the xbox 360 wireless controller....what hurts this game also is that the servers are in Japan that SUCKS! 

I use the 360 controller as well, and it works really well. It's a vast improvement over keyboard and mouse. 

As for the servers, I've complained about repeatedly, but SE just doesn't seem to care. I honestly have no idea why they thought that was a good idea.

<3

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

It lowers cost.

Localized servers have to handle a population peak for only a few hours a day, but run with plenty of reserves for the rest of the time. With 3 major regions playing at different times, and being pretty evenly distributed over time zones, you can save cost by having them all run on the same server, which can now run more efficiently by handling 3 peaks a day instead of just one.

Not to say that they are even close to peak populations currently.

Also makes for great PR to be able to claim having an international community.

• DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

I'm glad to hear it's an interface that favors a controller.

Going back to XI today I realized I never played it without a controller either.

I wish XI got more respect in the MMO community and I hope XIV becomes more respectable.

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.