Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Every single is low pop...this is sad (for me)

124»

Comments

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Originally posted by Spyted

I don't feel so downbeat as yourself and indeed this last week seems to be recovering some population - I always played the US servers though despite being from the UK - it just seems inevitable they are going to be the most consistent and lag has been non existent for me.

I think most people would disagree with your assessment on population recovery.  At best, some people have been rerolling from the completely dead servers to the less dead servers, but from everything I've heard and seen, the freefall on the PC servers continues with no end in sight.

As far as trending goes, DCUO has fallen out of the top 250 on XFire (the game was at number 65 less than 2 months ago).  This downward trend in player activity is mirrored by RAPTR.

http://www.xfire.com/games/dcuo/DC_Universe_Online/

http://raptr.com/game/PC/DC_Universe_Online

Add to that the countless pleas on the official DCUO PC forums for server merges, and it appears pretty clear.  DCUO on the PC is not doing well, and is doing worse all the time.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• GranreyGranrey Member Posts: 53

Originally posted by Granrey

Originally posted by DrunkWolf

the Raids were fun to do, but there was only 2 for ever, now they added 1 more. but even these you can only do once a week. and the rest of the time you just grind hard modes and duos, that gets old after day 2, same maps over and over and over and over.......

too bad, the current players dont see it that way, at least the game could improve. Righ now, they see everything as a paradise or game utopia. Anything that is not right, they see it as normal in a new MMO.

As a current player myself this isn't entirely fair and although, as with every mmo, there are blinkered fanbois who shout out over the equally blinkered haters those two groups are a tiny subset of the vast majority of us who know the volume of content is lacking atm. Its a new game, as with every other recent release it went retail too early, unlike every other recent release the core game is actually pretty fresh and fun so it warrants the extra effort needed to make it progress so there is plenty of pressure and suggestions being fired at the devs to expand content as rapidly as possible.

The one point I would suggest is hurting/compromising progress is SoE's own forum policing which is far too draconian/aggressive you don't get long to flesh out ideas.

Overall DCUO is a great starting point, but it has to evolve and develop quickly and it has to do this in the face of the lag SoE bring to the table.....but in all honesty I think given half a chance it is sufficiently good at the core, where it really matters, to win through.

Check what a fanboy is

This is from poster that is in love with the game. I took it from the PC DCUO forums and lets see what you think

in DCUO there is a tool to see all post from any poster. This guy in particular has 1,607, most of then supporting the game.

These are some of them

if somebody complaints about low server population this is the answer:

Welcome to MMOs that are not World of Warcraft

If the person insist on the topic his answers is (now he is getting mad)

They are working on server transfers and that has been confirmed, is that good enough for you?

If somebody suggests FTP (he is still mad)

Yes, every MMO should go free to play because a certain thing about it bothers you

If somebody continue talking about the economical impact of low population his answer is:

f it was really a concern, SOE would be rushing to remedy the situation.

They're obviously more than happy with the current population of the servers matching their forecasted results or there would be ALOT more presence on these forums.

In another tread, somebody complained about low population again (it does not matter if the player complaining is in a empty server, he replies based on his)

I'm on Death and Glory hero side and I log at all times of the day.

Watchtower is always full of people, if I do collections/races for an hour I always get jumped a few times and whenever I queue for an arena or alert it pops instantly.

Pretty sure your expectations are unrealistic, don't expect WoW size population here

This is another post about the same question above:

I wish people would stop acting like all the servers are dead.

I was on D&G tonight and there was like 30 people sitting in some random bridge in the watchtower and queues are really good at end game.

Reminded me of launch, I guess more people are rerolling that we realize.

When somebody reminds him that most servers are empty (in the pc in reality only 2 o 3 servers have medium population at peak hrs, most of the time they are low):

Oh I have no doubt it is a reality for some of the smaller servers.

But not all of the servers have a problem, is what i'm getting at

If somebody asks, if you are happy with the direction of the game:

Yes!

Keep the fixes coming hard and fast, the alert finder is better but not perfect and that is one of the main draws for me as I don't play extremely often.

This MMO is basically perfect for a casual player.

If somebody complaints about the new content being more of the same stuff or very similar to what we have or content that gets old right away:

I'm loving it.

If we see the same amount of content in the april update PLUS an extra raid/alert or even being overly ambitious a new powerset or movement type then i'll be very happy indeed.

Since the quarterly updates ARE meant to be larger in scope.

Sometimes he accepts the servers are low and try to get people to reroll to his server. Sometimes is so ridiculous that he even mentions that people with 60 points are rerolling too. Anyone who has played this knows how difficult it is to get 40 skill points:

Death and Glory is pretty awesome. Lots of people are rerolling here because the server is so active, even those with 60+ skill points.

Maybe you guys should give it a go, if you got what it takes?

If somebody says that GW is more MMO than DCUO (regardless if the world is empty):

Don't agree, theres no world (Gotham and Metro are the world)

again if somebody complained about new monthly content not worth a subscription:

except this time instead of paying for a persistent world (well there is one, two HUGE cities that take ages to travel across, but opinions may vary) we are paying for content patches every month.

One month after release we are getting quite alot for $15, I won't quote it all but you have to agree its worth $15 over COD's four maps for $25

I decided to quote myself. The fanboy that I was quoting has gone rogue. Finally.....................lol

Check the new post from the fanboy:

Since I got suckered into getting a three month sub which should have equalled three months of content updates but isn't, i'll be trying for a refund for the remaining two months.

Then i'll be cancelling. I don't back companies that lie blatantly to their customers so its a no go for me, no matter how fantastic the game.

http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/gameupdates/ <- Apparently we're to get monthly adventures, well they got three days to hold their end of the bargain before we didn't get a "monthly adventure" this month.

At this point its quite clear the legends pricing was just another cash grab, still find it quite disgusting they marketed the game as having monthly updates when its quite clear this isn't the case.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• SpytedSpyted Member Posts: 108

Originally posted by DrunkWolf

the Raids were fun to do, but there was only 2 for ever, now they added 1 more. but even these you can only do once a week. and the rest of the time you just grind hard modes and duos, that gets old after day 2, same maps over and over and over and over.......

too bad, the current players dont see it that way, at least the game could improve. Righ now, they see everything as a paradise or game utopia. Anything that is not right, they see it as normal in a new MMO.

As a current player myself this isn't entirely fair and although, as with every mmo, there are blinkered fanbois who shout out over the equally blinkered haters those two groups are a tiny subset of the vast majority of us who know the volume of content is lacking atm. Its a new game, as with every other recent release it went retail too early, unlike every other recent release the core game is actually pretty fresh and fun so it warrants the extra effort needed to make it progress so there is plenty of pressure and suggestions being fired at the devs to expand content as rapidly as possible.

The one point I would suggest is hurting/compromising progress is SoE's own forum policing which is far too draconian/aggressive you don't get long to flesh out ideas.

Overall DCUO is a great starting point, but it has to evolve and develop quickly and it has to do this in the face of the lag SoE bring to the table.....but in all honesty I think given half a chance it is sufficiently good at the core, where it really matters, to win through.

Check what a fanboy is

This is from poster that is in love with the game. I took it from the PC DCUO forums and lets see what you think

in DCUO there is a tool to see all post from any poster. This guy in particular has 1,607, most of then supporting the game.

These are some of them

if somebody complaints about low server population this is the answer:

Welcome to MMOs that are not World of Warcraft

If the person insist on the topic his answers is (now he is getting mad)

They are working on server transfers and that has been confirmed, is that good enough for you?

If somebody suggests FTP (he is still mad)

Yes, every MMO should go free to play because a certain thing about it bothers you

If somebody continue talking about the economical impact of low population his answer is:

f it was really a concern, SOE would be rushing to remedy the situation.

They're obviously more than happy with the current population of the servers matching their forecasted results or there would be ALOT more presence on these forums.

In another tread, somebody complained about low population again (it does not matter if the player complaining is in a empty server, he replies based on his)

I'm on Death and Glory hero side and I log at all times of the day.

Watchtower is always full of people, if I do collections/races for an hour I always get jumped a few times and whenever I queue for an arena or alert it pops instantly.

Pretty sure your expectations are unrealistic, don't expect WoW size population here

This is another post about the same question above:

I wish people would stop acting like all the servers are dead.

I was on D&G tonight and there was like 30 people sitting in some random bridge in the watchtower and queues are really good at end game.

Reminded me of launch, I guess more people are rerolling that we realize.

When somebody reminds him that most servers are empty (in the pc in reality only 2 o 3 servers have medium population at peak hrs, most of the time they are low):

Oh I have no doubt it is a reality for some of the smaller servers.

But not all of the servers have a problem, is what i'm getting at

If somebody asks, if you are happy with the direction of the game:

Yes!

Keep the fixes coming hard and fast, the alert finder is better but not perfect and that is one of the main draws for me as I don't play extremely often.

This MMO is basically perfect for a casual player.

If somebody complaints about the new content being more of the same stuff or very similar to what we have or content that gets old right away:

I'm loving it.

If we see the same amount of content in the april update PLUS an extra raid/alert or even being overly ambitious a new powerset or movement type then i'll be very happy indeed.

Since the quarterly updates ARE meant to be larger in scope.

Sometimes he accepts the servers are low and try to get people to reroll to his server. Sometimes is so ridiculous that he even mentions that people with 60 points are rerolling too. Anyone who has played this knows how difficult it is to get 40 skill points:

Death and Glory is pretty awesome. Lots of people are rerolling here because the server is so active, even those with 60+ skill points.

Maybe you guys should give it a go, if you got what it takes?

If somebody says that GW is more MMO than DCUO (regardless if the world is empty):

Don't agree, theres no world (Gotham and Metro are the world)

again if somebody complained about new monthly content not worth a subscription:

except this time instead of paying for a persistent world (well there is one, two HUGE cities that take ages to travel across, but opinions may vary) we are paying for content patches every month.

One month after release we are getting quite alot for $15, I won't quote it all but you have to agree its worth $15 over COD's four maps for $25

I decided to quote myself. The fanboy that I was quoting has gone rogue. Finally.....................lol

Check the new post from the fanboy:

Since I got suckered into getting a three month sub which should have equalled three months of content updates but isn't, i'll be trying for a refund for the remaining two months.

Then i'll be cancelling. I don't back companies that lie blatantly to their customers so its a no go for me, no matter how fantastic the game.

http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/gameupdates/ <- Apparently we're to get monthly adventures, well they got three days to hold their end of the bargain before we didn't get a "monthly adventure" this month.

At this point its quite clear the legends pricing was just another cash grab, still find it quite disgusting they marketed the game as having monthly updates when its quite clear this isn't the case.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But again I have to ask what you presume this proves or demonstrates? Fanboi's by their nature are immature in their consideration of their pedestal propped games, here we have him saying even a fantastic game isn't worth enjoying if the company behind it lies to you.....its petulant, chaildish behaviour of the kind that would gladly cut off his nose to spite his face. Has his opninion genuinely changed or has the whole thing just passed his attention span, is he clearly off his rocker in saying anything postive but miraculously to his senses simply because its now negative. Truth is the internet is a real cess pit of negativity and impatience, to a largely self destructive degree.

The problem arises that if you accept/offer only positive gushing praise or conversely miserable dogmatic negativity you are equally ignorant/biassed and your contribution is equally worthless. Pretty much every review praised DCUO for being fun and casual friendly but not typical of the mmo scene and certainly not for everyone...that hasn't changed, and probably won't change....for some of us its the best feature. It was blatantly obvious during the first month many players were there just as another location to spew bile on WoW (they wanted to play a WoW type game but for some reason WoW was crap??), I doubt they even realised what they were playing, they rushed to level cap as per traditional mmo staples and had no clue what to do. DCUO may be a rarity in that the IP is front and centre, but in fairness it is what it claims on the tin and that is exactly what reviews stated, the problem is the internet crowd has become so concieted and lost in dogma it assumes what the game is going to be regardless - they then grumble that their assumptions aren't met....its odd, but the bottom line is take any forum post or review in the proper context and with the proper level of open mindedness - if you are just wanting another WoW clone its not exactly hard to find, DCUO just isn't it.

• GranreyGranrey Member Posts: 53

The intention of the post about the fanboy is to show how strange these people are. I will explain.

The fanboy that I quoted belongs to a cult  (thats how I call them LOL) that consider everything in DCUO is ok and every person doing a complaint/feedback is an idiot/wow cry baby/ stupid and so on.

What irritates me the most, its that many of us were complaining early about the issues in the game and these cult members were always opposing us, opening the posibility for new players and developers to believe every thing is ok in the game.

In reaility, they had no reason to oppose our feedback, since improvements in the game would benefit all and not only us.

Now, that the fanboys are in the situation that even they are getting bored (even though we told them in advance) plus they dont make enough population to play with each other. Now they understand our point.

I find morally incorrect, when these "Cult members"" (btw, they even had a tread praising the developers for such great game, kind of like their new found God*) try to get new players in the game by saying the game is great and so on, but when the new players get bored after a week of play, they tell them to GTFO. 

Not only the $50.00, some people got deceived with the 3 months subcribtion plan and lets not forget about the people with lifetime sub who spent $200 too.

{mod edit}

• SpytedSpyted Member Posts: 108

The intention of the post about the fanboy is to show how strange these people are. I will explain.

The fanboy that I quoted belongs to a cult  (thats how I call them LOL) that consider everything in DCUO is ok and every person doing a complaint/feedback is an idiot/wow cry baby/ stupid and so on.

What irritates me the most, its that many of us were complaining early about the issues in the game and these cult members were always opposing us, opening the posibility for new players and developers to believe every thing is ok in the game.

In reaility, they had no reason to oppose our feedback, since improvements in the game would benefit all and not only us.

Now, that the fanboys are in the situation that even they are getting bored (even though we told them in advance) plus they dont make enough population to play with each other. Now they understand our point.

I find morally incorrect, when these "Cult members"" (btw, they even had a tread praising the developers for such great game, kind of like their new found God*) try to get new players in the game by saying the game is great and so on, but when the new players get bored after a week of play, they tell them to GTFO. 

Not only the $50.00, some people got deceived with the 3 months subcribtion plan and lets not forget about the people with lifetime sub who spent $200 too.

*I call their cult  "KKK", Kris Kao Kult.

In all honesty I think the credibility and influence you afford these types is unrealistic - they are more than obvious to one and all, as is their ability to turn on a dime, and I would also suggest their ability to make/influence developers - like any other member of joe public - is non existent. The only real impact they have is on other forum dwellers who have already made their own made up on issues and hence feel the need to respond no matter how absurd... in many ways its a good way of keeping the close minded out of the equation, watch them argue with each other and you will see the more balanced and considered posts, the ones that are most genuinely useful to anyone with an ounce of common sense, are often the ones that create least fuss.