Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragon Age 2. What class will you choose? (poll)

StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491

I've played the demo and I loved the rogue and mage, although I often lean toward the warrior.  It is going to be a tough call for me.  I'm sure I'll go through the game at least a second time, but I want to know what you are leaning towards for your first character's class and why?

Comments

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Melee rogue; he seemed to have the best combat animations. ^^

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Had the most fun playing melee rogue in the demo so that's what I will be rolling.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• SFxBASFxBA Member UncommonPosts: 9

I tried all three and still can't make up my mind.  I have seen a lot of people complaining about the consoleness/MEness of the game direction, but I enjoyed the game.  I think they took what was good in DAO and improved the sleekness of everything. 

I think right now I will lean towards melee rogue or dw warrior just for kicks.  Liked the mage, but need to relearn tactics so I am not always popping pots. 

Looking forward to release in a couple days.

• BobHenryBobHenry Member Posts: 6

The warrior seemed pretty sweet.  The rogue was good too, I might try that on a later play-through. I didn't really like the mage though.  Mages in DAO were cool but not so much in this one.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910

In the first one I started off playing a mage but ended up completing the game as a rogue and I never play rogues even in MMORPGs ,I do not know what possesed me to play one but I enjoyed it so in this one I am playing a rogue too.

• bazakbazak Member UncommonPosts: 283

Originally posted by BobHenry

The warrior seemed pretty sweet.  The rogue was good too, I might try that on a later play-through. I didn't really like the mage though.  Mages in DAO were cool but not so much in this one.

omg they seemed cooler in dao to you than da2?? realy??

i dunno i guess i just personaly always like the idea of mages that use a combination of fluid martial skills (and a bladed weapon/weapons of some kind) mages looked coolest to me (obviously what im gonna play) i played a mage mostly in dao but they didnt look nearly as cool (animation wise) as they do in this one especialy with those blood magic and force magic spells that rip a creature in two.

who else is with me on mages being coolest when they mix a bladed weapon or two with magic?

• StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491

I enjoyed the rogue more than the warrior, but in the first one all the best gear was for the warrior so it kind of makes me want to roll warrior first.  I'll probably play rogue first though since I had most fun with that class in the demo.

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

I was under the impression that I'll replay the game until the disc burns into ashes in my ps3, then I'll bully my friend into giving me his DA2 disc on pc and play till the file corrupts (can't let it burn cos I still need to play Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, TERA, GW2, ArcheAge, all the goodness mmo has to offer on it :P)

but then I might just try the mage first. The weapons/combat animation looks so sick this time, instead of pointing at the enemy and go 'pewpew' :P image

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• n3verendRn3verendR Member UncommonPosts: 452

Not gona lie... I was an Arcane Warrior in DAO and I will be a Warrior in DA2.

The first time I used "Scythe" on a group of darkspawn and turned them into a fine red mist, my choice was made.

People think it's fun to pretend your a monster. Me I spend my life pretending I'm not. - Dexter Morgan

• thexratedthexrated Member UncommonPosts: 1,368

Warrior will be my choice as well, but will most likely play with a mage as well.

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."

• keibrnkeibrn Member Posts: 15

i'll choose the melee class. i've always been a melee class user ever since.

• AutorockAutorock Member UncommonPosts: 48

Originally posted by SFxBA

I tried all three and still can't make up my mind.  I have seen a lot of people complaining about the consoleness/MEness of the game direction, but I enjoyed the game.  I think they took what was good in DAO and improved the sleekness of everything. 

I think right now I will lean towards melee rogue or dw warrior just for kicks.  Liked the mage, but need to relearn tactics so I am not always popping pots. 

Looking forward to release in a couple days.

I think I read somewhere that warriors can't dual wield in this one. I didn't see a tree in the demo that sounded like it was DW either, so I think you'll have to go rogue to get your DW kicks.

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

All of them. First playthrough however will be a Warrior. Generally play a Warrior first in most fantasy RPG's. Usually set the party up so Warrior (Me) and rogue really dish out the damage while having 2 mages support each the Warrior and Rogue. Worked like a charm on DA:O. May not need to do this with the changes to heroic aura's tho.

• louie3265louie3265 Member Posts: 10

spell caster here.

• pauly6478pauly6478 Member Posts: 276

I'd say Warrior, rogue, mage then archer. Don't wanna start out with the most OP class because then it takes away from value on your next playthrough. I dont wanna play the archer like I did in the last one they play the warrior and say well this is weaksauce. At least thats how I think I remember it, been awhile. 

Prob save a few classes for new content when replay gets boring.

• Lathander81Lathander81 Member Posts: 611

I have to say its a hard decision with the new animations. I have to say the mage looks badass and the rogue looks alot better on DA2. I want to see how good the customization is. Overall I say the mage then a rogue lol

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I am not 100% sure but it looks like I will play a thief or ranger... Possibly a bard.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Warrior because I just think heroes out of legend seem to be warriors who are usually accompanied by mages, roges, Clerics, etc.

However, I'll try a mage going through as well.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • bob_Rbob_R Member Posts: 6

All RPG games that i played i always play first a melee character because its so fun to bash monsters and tank them at the same time. lastly i dont want to be at the rear of the party, i want to save them not the other way around.

• TarotMageTarotMage Member Posts: 126

I had a blast playing a rogue in Origins and Awakening so my first Hawke will definitely be a rogue.

Besides, unless warriors can now smash chests into bits or mages can zap them open, someone will have to pick the locks!

Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. - Marie Curie

• tommyli76tommyli76 Member Posts: 7

ok mine would be a warrior i guess. i've been playing a lot of rpg games before and most of the character class i choose is warrior or assassin based class. this saves me a lot of money because i dont need to buy potions to replenish my energy. i mean i can still fight and kill enemies just by slashing through.

• NimmonNimmon Member Posts: 28

Originally posted by tommyli76

ok mine would be a warrior i guess. i've been playing a lot of rpg games before and most of the character class i choose is warrior or assassin based class. this saves me a lot of money because i dont need to buy potions to replenish my energy. i mean i can still fight and kill enemies just by slashing through.

Yeah, I'm a lot like this as well. I like whatever class just allows me to go batshit crazy and go postal. While I liked the mages in DA1, I couldn't ever really make myself go far into the game. I just played a 2H warrior and hacked my way through everything. 

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Originally posted by TarotMage

I had a blast playing a rogue in Origins and Awakening so my first Hawke will definitely be a rogue.

Besides, unless warriors can now smash chests into bits or mages can zap them open, someone will have to pick the locks!

Technically, warriors and mages can lockpick in DA2, just requiring you to invest in cunning more lol.......a lot

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

I'd seriously consider playing a warrior in DA2. I played a mage in the first one because warriors seemed a bit to ordinary. After playing a warrior in the demo it felt way more entertaining and intense this time around. I should probably try a rogue too...

• kaorusdreamkaorusdream Member Posts: 9

Rogue I guess. do not want mage