Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PAX East "Surprise" Speculation

So... the GW2 blog says they have  a "cool surprise" planned for Friday morning (March 11) at PAX East. My top 5 speculations about the nature of the surprise:

- They unveil the next profession (Mesmerslayerengineercavalry)

- They announce that closed beta will begin August 4th 2011 at 10am. But it is only open to current employees of ANet.

- They release video showcasing Norn shapeshifting and reveal Norn now have the added ability to shift into Black Moa form.

- They give away gaudy "I am NORN" baseball caps to the first 25 visitors to the booth.

- They announce... (drum roll)... Sylvari week on the blog!

What are YOUR top speculations?

Comments

• MustBeBadMustBeBad Member Posts: 74

Originally posted by Talon_Actual

- They announce that closed beta will begin August 4th 2011 at 10am. But it is only open to current employees of ANet.

Wait...what???...senseless

• rykimrykim Member Posts: 76

So... the GW2 blog says they have  a "cool surprise" planned for Friday morning (March 11) at PAX East. My top 5 speculations about the nature of the surprise:

- They unveil the next profession (Mesmerslayerengineercavalry)

- They release video showcasing Norn shapeshifting and reveal Norn now have the added ability to shift into Black Moa form.

- They give away gaudy "I am NORN" baseball caps to the first 25 visitors to the booth.

- They announce... (drum roll)... Sylvari week on the blog!

What are YOUR top speculations?

None of these :P  Especially that second one.  Way out of the ball park there buddy.  Like, stratosphere out lol.

I think it'll be some marketing event.  Like the announcement of the third book or a preview of the collectors edition.

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

release date :P

@ 12/12/12

then every doomsayers will have only 18 days to play the game :)

maybe release demo to public (^_>^)

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

Originally posted by xKingdomx

snip

Unfortunately no. Regina already said that they weren't going to be doing that on gw2guru.

• steeler989steeler989 Member UncommonPosts: 665

Lets Hope

• J_PapaJ_Papa Member Posts: 2

When I first read about it I didnt think of an announcement, but more like a surprise for the people at the event.  Something like merchandise, a contest, or epic fail cosplay.

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Originally posted by romanator0

Originally posted by xKingdomx

snip

Unfortunately no. Regina already said that they weren't going to be doing that on gw2guru.

well then I can't see anything 'cool' and surprise other than bring a possible beta date

or new profession

or maybe a hidden race 

possibilites is limitiless D:

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• RoybeRoybe Member UncommonPosts: 420

Beginning of the next installment of the Beyond Guild Wars.  Viral marketing, etc.

• Talon_ActualTalon_Actual Member Posts: 28

Originally posted by luizresende

Wait...what???...senseless

You did notice that my other  "speculations" were all sorta meant to be funny too? Right?! -- except the Norn ability to shapeshift to a Black Moa. Cuz if that isn't in the game I'm going to be really, really distraught.

Seriously, given the context of the comment I suspect it is something like free hats for visitors or maybe little asura plushes or stress relievers. Maybe a key chain.

• n3verendRn3verendR Member UncommonPosts: 452

I think you are on base actually, but my vote has to go to "Look at this! What do you think of our reworked Sylvari?"

People think it's fun to pretend your a monster. Me I spend my life pretending I'm not. - Dexter Morgan

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

New Prof, which won't be mesmer, just to drive folks insane.

Showcase of Asura and/or Sylvari area(s).

Beta Schedule... /crossfingers.

Those are about the only three "surprises" that seem fairly obvious. They could come out of left field with something though.

• therez0therez0 Member Posts: 379

Lets see... the demo stations open at 10:00, the surprise happens at 10:30...

hrmmmm...

Maybe....

Yes...

Elder-Dragon Battle?!

• SanAngraSanAngra Member Posts: 4

Perhaps they are opening some dungeons for people @PAX to test? :)

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

I'm hoping for a surprise profession reveal, or the release of some info on another race.

But I'm not holding my breath...

• DiovidiusDiovidius Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

Personally I would like to see a PvP gameplay video, preferebly a video showing both WvW and Structured PvP but a video showing only WvW is more likely me thinks.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

My hope is that they will show "The mists".

So far have they not showed us any PvP whatsoever and PvP have always been one of ANETs strenghts. It would make a fibne demo. It is not that likely though, PvP balance is the last thing they fix but it would be sweet to know more about this part of GW2.

Of course showing crafting would also be very interesting. :)

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

The correct term here is "alpha", not "beta". Close inhouse testing or testing with a small, select group is called alpha testing. Testing in larger scale with public, even a select group, is called beta testing.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• DerykCHDerykCH Member Posts: 23

PAX East Ahead!

’‘’In just over two weeks, we’ll descend upon Boston, Massachusetts for PAX East! We recently shared a few details about what we have in store for the event, and now I’m here to let you in on the rest of our plans.

We have lots of new demo content to show off. Norn fans are in for a treat, because this demo showcases the norn starter area! Not only that, but the guardian will be playable at PAX East!

On Friday, March 11, join us from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. as we take over the Alienware booth with 20 stations running the new Guild Wars 2 demo. But that’s not all! We have a very cool surprise planned at 10:30 a.m., so be sure to stop by the Alienware booth first thing on Friday morning!

After 12:00 p.m. on Friday, four stations will be running the Guild Wars 2 demo at the Alienware booth throughout the weekend. A couple of demo stations will also be running at the Nvidia booth during PAX East weekend.

On Friday night, we join our compatriots at NCsoft for the NCsoft PAX East Meet and Greet. The event takes place in the Harbor Room of the Westin Boston Waterfront Hotel. It starts at 6:00 p.m. and continues until 10:00 p.m. Hang out with our developers, chat with other fans, and score some swag! The Guild Wars 2 demo will be playable on 20 stations during the event. Admittance is limited to the capacity of the venue, so if the place is full, we’ll let people in on a one-in, one-out basis. Please bring your valid photo ID to this event and a parent if you are under the age of 18. If you miss the fan event on Friday night, fear not! You can still play the demo at the Alienware booth or at the Nvidia booth on Saturday and Sunday!

Don’t forget about our panel, “Guild Wars 2 – Fantasy MMO Redefined,” on Saturday, March 12 starting at 3:00 p.m. in the Cat Theater. Members of our development team will be there to talk about Guild Wars 2 and answer your burning questions! Lead Content Designer Colin Johanson will also be on the MMORPG.com panel to talk about “The Future of Online Games” at 5:00 p.m. on Saturday in the Naga Theater.

We’re super excited to meet our East Coast fans at PAX East in a couple weeks! We hope to see you there!‘’‘

above all, i fear we won't be able to see new pro released at PAX East

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Originally posted by therez0

Elder-Dragon Battle?!

Why on earth would they ever show the battle with the end boss? It'll ruin the personal story experiance of the game and I hope they'll never show or have the playable end boss in the game, before release.

My guess is that they'll show some prre-recorded, or live, dungeon or PvP gameplay.

• tddavistddavis Member Posts: 159

Don't expect to see a beta until close to release like they said. If we see a beta it means the game is really close. We won't be beta testing anything other than the stress test for the servers. Arena net knows that Most betas are just glorified Demos/Free trials, so that is how they are going to approach it.

• steeler989steeler989 Member UncommonPosts: 665

I will maybe expect a release date(or maybe an estimated one is even all that I need) or something about a closed beta. But what ever shall come, I will still love it.

• KingdouglasKingdouglas Member Posts: 81

There will be no pvp shown at PAX east, it was stated by Martin on gw2 guru.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/showpost.php?p=578285&postcount=72

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by tddavis

Don't expect to see a beta until close to release like they said. If we see a beta it means the game is really close. We won't be beta testing anything other than the stress test for the servers. Arena net knows that Most betas are just glorified Demos/Free trials, so that is how they are going to approach it.

Actually we will also test PvP balance and to find a few rare bugs still in dynamic events, but the stress test is the most important part.

As far as free trials ANET have hold a free weekend for each GW expansion and they surely will do the same for GW2 as well. But they have stated that they will have a beta, both open and closed. To not test the servers until the last moment would be a hoge misstake, the beta will start before they release a launch date.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566
  • Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

New profession hopefully. Like they did in the first demo with necromancer.