Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Previous Beta Player DLing Trial, what can I expect?

jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262

I havent played since March of last year but me and a friend of mine had alot of fun just exploring and fighting, but the bugs and lag were pretty severe and I lost intrest after a while of the beta.

How much has cleaned up in the past year or so? Is the game much improved or still slowly going uphill?'

Thanks for the info!

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 12,539

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

My ignore list finally has one occupant after 12 years. I am the strongest supporter of free speech on here, but free speech does not mean forced listening. Have fun my friend. Hope you find a new stalking target.

• wmada2kwmada2k Member UncommonPosts: 193

You can expect great  überness!

This is a great game and it has improved ALOT! Do not listen to all nay-sayers (that writes all bad stuff and havent even played it since release! They are just lucky they got another shot now at trial). It is a great game it you are not too long down the WoW swamp and enters it with an open mind!

I have played it for a while now, and I do not regret it one second! Hopefully you will not either!

See you in game!

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Originally posted by wmada2k

It is a great game it you are not too long down the WoW swamp and enters it with an open mind!

Yeah, I agree with wmada2k there, you really need to have a open mind to ignore all the bugs, lack of content and developers fairy tales in order to enjoy it:)

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

The review that MMORPG.com did is actually a pretty accurate overall impression of the game.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/361/view/reviews/load/128

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

I tend to like Mortal Online more than Darkfall because it seems to have more of an emphasis on immersion than straight up PvP, hence the game doesn't feel as "arcade-like" as Darkfall does to me at times.

Of course, the biggest problem with the trial now is the servers go down multiple times every hour or so for no apparent reason.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Originally posted by Rohn

The review that MMORPG.com did is actually a pretty accurate overall impression of the game.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/361/view/reviews/load/128

Pretty biased, more like.