Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Really tired of SWTOR and GW2 incredible spam

Everytime I'm surfing on dedicated video game and mmo websites I'm appalled at the insane numbers of articles for now what 3-4? years concerning SWTOR and GW2, both games that don't even have an open beta date, while some other existing mmo's, small but good don't receive any coverage nor a fair presentation.

I consider that to be spamming and hyping and bandwidth wasting, I wish they would now stop spreading their so-called revelations-everyone-is-craving-for, focus on production and deliver information one month before closed/open beta or release so that we can once and for all read their wikis/lores, discuss it and PLAY. Same goes for websites screening toilet bins to find something "valuable" i.e. speculation or facts discussed thousand times already, tidy bits of what the cousin of the nephew's pizza delivery boy in Bioware thinks he just glimpsed through a keyhole.

{Mod edit}

Comments

• Zeppelin5083Zeppelin5083 Member Posts: 410

No one is making you read it.

• WalterWhiteWalterWhite Member UncommonPosts: 411

I'm pretty sure in saying that the majority of peole are always glad of more vids showing their upcoming MMO of interest. I know I am.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

It is only natural that people will have more interest on a game that they feel they know about. 

A sequel to a game (GW in GW2 and KOTOR in SWTOR) will obviously have more interest than an MMO that one hasn't played.

e.g. I haven't played STO and I have little interest on playing it since I am not familier with the material; Star Trek series.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• Zeppelin5083Zeppelin5083 Member Posts: 410

Originally posted by Minn

I'm pretty sure in saying that the majority of peole are always glad of more vids showing their upcoming MMO of interest. I know I am.

Yes.

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

Bioware and Arenanet both have pretty solid reputations, so they can make claims about what they're doing in an upcoming game, and it's news.

Little game companies and independent companies who make claims... well, it's hard to take them seriously sometimes.  Plus, they barely can hire programmers or art teams, they don't have the money to spare to get a PR person to put together an attractive announcement.

Big companies get more attention.  That's just the way it is.  If Apple says they're going to release a revolutionary new electronic device, they could tease it all year long and have people waiting on every word.

If I mention I've got a revolutionary new electronic device in my garage, the news wouldn't even pay attention.  I'd be lucky to make it onto my friend's Facebook page.