Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My (NEW) journey into Mortal Online

Comments

• UnseelieCourUnseelieCour Member CommonPosts: 46

Originally posted by Toferio

I believe Slap is capable of doing a more or less realistic report, without sugarcoating it as many fans would do. I tend to trust such people over the hardcore fans. If you look at his posting history, despite him highlighting negative sides of MO, they have not really been lies, have they? While many fans tend to sugarcoat all the cons and deny all the bugs.

How long has slap had an active subscription?

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Originally posted by shogunone

Originally posted by Rohn

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

are you guys seriously complaining about a FREE trial?

think about that for a moment.......you are complaining about something that is FREE. what is next? are you going to complain when people give you free money?

if you dont like it then dont play it but for God's sake wait untill you have to pay before starting to complain.

nothing but spoiled kids.

I don't think the complaining is about a bad but free product, but it is to estimate if MO really was as good as some fans tried to make it sound like. Simply to prove who is right or wrong, not that they complain about errors in a "free" game.

And it will "prove" nothing, because, as always, the credibility of the source must be taken into account.  Or, do you really believe that an accurate, objective report is the intent here?

Really? image

Because, if so, I've got some swampland in Florida I'd like to talk to you about...

Ehh we will see.  At leaset he is playing the game and documenting what is going on.  I remember quite a few fanbots in here puking all over the forums "the patches don't break things, there is no bugs, there are hundreds in every town" turns out they were not even subbed.

You should look up the meaning of the word "hyperbole".

There's no credible person you can point to and attribute those supposed comments to - you're exaggerating, plain and simple.

To Toferio:  Posting histories do tell you a lot.  When people with an agenda selectively post the "facts" of only one side of the argument, and intentionally leave out the "facts" of the opposing side, they are being intentionally misleading by omission.  It is an intellectually bankrupt position, but one taken quite often by politicians and lawyers by necessity.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Originally posted by UnseelieCour

I believe Slap is capable of doing a more or less realistic report, without sugarcoating it as many fans would do. I tend to trust such people over the hardcore fans. If you look at his posting history, despite him highlighting negative sides of MO, they have not really been lies, have they? While many fans tend to sugarcoat all the cons and deny all the bugs.

How long has slap had an active subscription?

I dont see the lack of subscription preventing several fans sugatcoating the game.

To Toferio:  Posting histories do tell you a lot.  When people with an agenda selectively post the "facts" of only one side of the argument, and intentionally leave out the "facts" of the opposing side, they are being intentionally misleading by omission.  It is an intellectually bankrupt position, but one taken quite often by politicians and lawyers by necessity.

I think that lack of facts of "opposing" side was due to him not having active sub at that time. However, it atleast proved he is capable of telling facts. Now we will see if he can be neutral too, provided there will be anything positive in his MO experince to begin with.

• NeoptolemusNeoptolemus Member Posts: 242

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

are you guys seriously complaining about a FREE trial?

think about that for a moment.......you are complaining about something that is FREE. what is next? are you going to complain when people give you free money?

if you dont like it then dont play it but for God's sake wait untill you have to pay before starting to complain.

nothing but spoiled kids.

Nobody is complaining about the TRIAL, in fact I think everyone has been positive about the release of the trial, even those who are critics of the game. Besides, the trial isn't some unrelated, standalone version of MO, it's the same thing and last time I checked MO was a commercial pay-to-play product. Any criticism levelled at the trial is really being levelled at MO as a whole. Paying for it makes no difference except you're $14/mth poorer.

Slapshot is merely logging his experience in MO, good and bad. He complained about the frequent crashing but name me one person who likes it when a game frequently crashes and requires file integrity checks every time. You're missing the point of this thread completely.

• UnseelieCourUnseelieCour Member CommonPosts: 46

I dont see the lack of subscription preventing several fans sugatcoating the game.

I'm afraid I don't follow your argument - the only thing I read is, in your opinion, slap hasn't maintained an active subscription during the majority of his reports on the state of game.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988

And it will "prove" nothing, because, as always, the credibility of the source must be taken into account.  Or, do you really believe that an accurate, objective report is the intent here?

Really? image

Because, if so, I've got some swampland in Florida I'd like to talk to you about...

If you see something that I have listed in this journal that is inaccurate by all means feel free to question me on it!

Also, in the interest of utter credibility I would be most amenable to meeting you in game and allowing you to walk me through it sometime over the next two weeks!  You could even FRAPS the whole thing (provided you have the licensed version) to document our travels as indisputable proof!

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

Ya might not like what slappy has to say or that he is the one saying it, but it doesn't change the facts of the matter as far as the game goes..

We're all sad to see the game go the way it went, but what can ya do.

As for the pop in Fab, maybe the only people left are busy out in their guild areas or whatever.. new players are probably fairly rare, even with a free trial.. The game has it's reputation and as we all know first-impression reputations are hard to get rid of, even if the game improves.

Here is the promised video of Fab:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBRN5NGqhf4

Quick question... I am tired of chopping and already did the warrior and thief thing long ago.  I am thinking of taming.  If I make a new character what race shall I pick and what stats are most important?  I know there is a playermade video on character creation but honestly the narrators voice is like nails on a chalkboard.   If someone can give me the Cliff's Notes version regarding Taming I would be indebted!

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

And so the journey continues...

I decide that chopping wood while walking like a cripple is not for me... so I decide to make a new character.  This one shall be a Tamer.. someone who tames and trains animals!

I look through the races and try to pick one that sounds smart.  Pick from the 2 available starting towns and zone into the game.   I look around for the tamer trainer... but don't see one.   I ask a passing naked guy where I can find one and he says "Vadda"... which is not the city I am in.    Meanwhile.. soomone with a gold (newb) flag runs up to me (also naked) and demands money from me.  I laugh and "she" swings at me... at which point I yell "GUARDS" and she is insta killed.   I do not see a lootbag which I assume is due to her yellow flag.

Anyhow.. amusing as that was, I was no closer to my goal of becoming a Tamer.  Not sure where Vadda is.. I start to walk down the rd.   Unfortunately... I have old man syndrom again and can only sprint for 2 second bursts.  After walking for a full minute I turn and can still see me starting location so I realize this is hopeless.  I apparently cannot travel between towns until I learn how to properly run which will likely take all day.   

Instead I decide to use my last character slot and remake a character of a new race and hopefully in a new city.   Sadly, this city (Meduli) also is missing the newbie tamer trainer that I first saw in Fab... so I decide to just delete the char and keep trying until I get Fab as an option to start in.

On my 3rd try I succeed!   I start in Fab (well just outside it) with the original mushroom quest guy and the Tamer trainer from my initial visit.  I obtain the taming, domestication and creature control skills by talking to the NPC.   He tells me to drag the icons to my hotbar to use them.  So I open my skill panel.. find taming.. and try to drag it.  It doesn't go into my hotbar.. so I try again.. no luck.  I keep trying.. even closing the windows and reopedning... but no luck.  Finally.. I find out why.  The server has crashed.

Stay tuned for the next chapter as I venture forth into the brave world of weasel/pig taming!

Edit to add: Screenshot of my login showing unable to connect and my cursor still being the "Taming" whip/icon so that noone will claim I am making it up (removed login info for obvious reasons)

The adventure continues!

After the server comes back up I am able to properly place the icon on my hotbar!  Progress!

So armed I go off to look for something to tame.  I run down the road in one direction for about 4 minutes.. see nothing.. so I go back to town and out the other side.  After another few minutes I come across a rabbit!   I spend the next 15 minutes trying to tame a rabbit.   Not sure what I am doing wrong, as I sneak up behind them and hit the tame button.  I get text as I try to sooth the rabbit (nice rabbit etc..).  But the rabbit is always moving so I keep getting a message saying it is out of range.  One time I was telling me it was out of range while I was standing on it but I assume that was lag related or something.   Anyhow...  I decide to shelve the taming for a few minutes and see if I can buy something in town (a book etc) to help.

I checked the vendors in the street but did not see anything helpful... so I head back outside to where I orignally got the skill trained (Fab tower).  The trainer does not appear to be of any further use to me... but I see someone with their sword drawn in the distance.   We are both blue cons... but who cares... I want some action and he seems to as well.   We charge at each other:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKg3bvXIi7E

By this point I am surely dumbfounded.  After a few minutes we laugh and I start back to town.  When I get to town I logoff for a bit.   When I come back.. it is night again.   Oh look!   SOmeones died at the bank and they had armor on!   I click the bag and start to collect the armor.. but sure enough I was tricked as he was a blue con.. this makes my flag grey and someone GUARDS me for a 1 shot kill.

OK..  they got me.   Fool me once shame on me and all that... I head to the priest in town but he won't rez me while I am grey flagged.. so I have to wait for the timer.  Once I turn blue again I rez.  I have like 10% health so I type /rest and /sit but nothing happens.  I yell for help and some kind soul tells me I need to train the skill which will allow me to sit.  Umm.. OK.. I'm 30 but don't know how to sit?   Whatever...  Where is the trainer I ask.   Back at the tower I am told.

So I leave the town proper and walk back to the tower again... 1/2 way there someone named ChristinA (or close to it) jumps out and 1 shots me.  She is a red in full gear.   I sigh.. but have nothing on me of worth so I once again walk to town to rez my soul.   At the town I shout out for help!   Let us rally and slay the foul PK lurking outside out doors!  

But no one answers...  Oh well.. maybe she is gone.   So I start on my way again.  This time I make it to the fighter trainer.. quickly talk to him and get the skill to sit and rest.  Turn around.. and Christina says hello again with her sword to the head.   Oh well...  I see it as a quick trip back to the city as I was headed there anyway (you run faster as a spirit).   Once I get there, I rez.. and sit on my butt to rest.   While tabbed out I get a fatal error (I assume it doesn't like me tabbing out) so I decide to call it for now.

Well.. that's day one.  Might be one more update later tonight... if not I will continue tomorrow.

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

Could you provide some examples? 

• Lazerus666Lazerus666 Member Posts: 59

Originally posted by osmunda

{mod edit}

Man I am not gonna do the research for you.  

{mod edit}

{mod edit}

And that is just the 2 I know od from lightly skimming these forums.  I am sure there are a lot of people on both sides of the coin that played at one time and are not now.

Get back to topic

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

The adventure continues!

After the server comes back up I am able to properly place the icon on my hotbar!  Progress!

So armed I go off to look for something to tame.  I run down the road in one direction for about 4 minutes.. see nothing.. so I go back to town and out the other side.  After another few minutes I come across a rabbit!   I spend the next 15 minutes trying to tame a rabbit.   Not sure what I am doing wrong, as I sneak up behind them and hit the tame button.  I get text as I try to sooth the rabbit (nice rabbit etc..).  But the rabbit is always moving so I keep getting a message saying it is out of range.  One time I was telling me it was out of range while I was standing on it but I assume that was lag related or something.   Anyhow...  I decide to shelve the taming for a few minutes and see if I can buy something in town (a book etc) to help.

I checked the vendors in the street but did not see anything helpful... so I head back outside to where I orignally got the skill trained (Fab tower).  The trainer does not appear to be of any further use to me... but I see someone with their sword drawn in the distance.   We are both blue cons... but who cares... I want some action and he seems to as well.   We charge at each other:

By this point I am surely dumbfounded.  After a few minutes we laugh and I start back to town.  When I get to town I logoff for a bit.   When I come back.. it is night again.   Oh look!   SOmeones died at the bank and they had armor on!   I click the bag and start to collect the armor.. but sure enough I was tricked as he was a blue con.. this makes my flag grey and someone GUARDS me for a 1 shot kill.

OK..  they got me.   Fool me once shame on me and all that... I head to the priest in town but he won't rez me while I am grey flagged.. so I have to wait for the timer.  Once I turn blue again I rez.  I have like 10% health so I type /rest and /sit but nothing happens.  I yell for help and some kind soul tells me I need to train the skill which will allow me to sit.  Umm.. OK.. I'm 30 but don't know how to sit?   Whatever...  Where is the trainer I ask.   Back at the tower I am told.

So I leave the town proper and walk back to the tower again... 1/2 way there someone named ChristinA (or close to it) jumps out and 1 shots me.  She is a red in full gear.   I sigh.. but have nothing on me of worth so I once again walk to town to rez my soul.   At the town I shout out for help!   Let us rally and slay the foul PK lurking outside out doors!  

But no one answers...  Oh well.. maybe she is gone.   So I start on my way again.  This time I make it to the fighter trainer.. quickly talk to him and get the skill to sit and rest.  Turn around.. and Christina says hello again with her sword to the head.   Oh well...  I see it as a quick trip back to the city as I was headed there anyway (you run faster as a spirit).   Once I get there, I rez.. and sit on my butt to rest.   While tabbed out I get a fatal error (I assume it doesn't like me tabbing out) so I decide to call it for now.

Well.. that's day one.  Might be one more update later tonight... if not I will continue tomorrow.

I was mildy interested in the game when i heard it had a free trial. But that sounds like a terrible experience to me.  Not something i'd be interested in doing at all.  Thanks for the run down though on day 1.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• funkmastaDfunkmastaD Member UncommonPosts: 647

Originally posted by whilan

The adventure continues!

I was mildy interested in the game when i heard it had a free trial. But that sounds like a terrible experience to me.  Not something i'd be interested in doing at all.  Thanks for the run down though on day 1.

dude, try the game yourself, or at least check out this reviewer's post history to get an idea of the context of this 'review'.   You very well might not like the game, but don't let his attempt to scare you off succeed so easily.

• SasamiSasami Member Posts: 326
    Originally posted by funkmastaD

Originally posted by whilan

dude, try the game yourself, or at least check out this reviewer's post history to get an idea of the context of this 'review'.   You very well might not like the game, but don't let his attempt to scare you off succeed so easily.

Keep also mind Whilan that funkmastaD have been one of the most vocal fanboi in this forum. TBH game still looks and sounds same nightmare it was back in beta. Sure they fixed alot and added new stuff but it's still raw as hell. If you didn't like games like Darkfall because they felt amateursih don't even bother with MO, it just frustrates you. You really have to pull your quality level down to tolerate all the technical crap there is in this game and deal pure boredom that might hit you unless you find good guild. Slaps is giving critical view of Mortal Online and anyone who comes from A-level games should listen him. If you stil feel intrested take a try, I'm tempted but I don't have enough time to spare this.

OK.. here is my Day 1 constructive criticism wrapup:

1.  Darkness.  It's a good idea... but it really needs work.   Starting the game in the dark is ridiculous, and even after playing for an hour when it turns dark it's nuts. At least I knew enough to buy a torch but I couldn't even have done that without having money to do so which was earned in the hour before dark came.  Starting at pitch black night = instant ragequit.   Also.. I understand the darkness "adds realism"  but it's implemented poorly.  I mean, I enter the library in Vadda and there is some Librarian guy reading his book in total blackness?  WTH?    At the very least increase the level of light in the towns!  Here is a photo of my librarian friend:

2.  Starting stats.  Listen, I know they had to change from the starter backgrounds due to database issues, but we should still start with SOME skills.  I mean.. we have to find a trainer to learn how to sit down?  You start with a 1 skill in jumping and running?  I don't expect to be Usain Bolt here but if my character is 30 I think he knows how to sit, jog and jump.  This isn't a hard fix just start people with a reasonable level of the skill.  It's simple but it has a MAJOR negative impact on the starting player.  (Also.. please do not make a fighter have to start life as a harvester to build stats... very big turnoff)

3. UI-  Simply put it is horrendous.  I know they are "redoing it" but they have said that for a very... very long time.  You have to fight the UI in order to play and that is a very bad thing.

4.  Put the starting tutors INSIDE the guard zones!  Why in the world would you (in some cases) start a brand new player outside the guard zones?   That is insane!  No one needs the protection more than people new to the game.  Yes.. I know all about "yellow flag" but that's just one character for limited time.

5.  I suggest starting new players in just a very limited number of places.  Maybe 2 or 3.  This way there are more people to interact with.. and learn with.  I have made 4 characters so far and 2 of them started in areas utterly devoid of players.  I would also suggestusing your volunteer councellors to createa starter guild and invite anyone they see yellow flagged.  In general I found that the population was accomodating to the yellow flagged players.. I saw numerous people ride up to those new players, and ask if they needed help or had questions.   Sadly, I also saw the naked jackasses running up to them and typing "HAS STOLEN 10 COINS FROM YOU! HE CAN BE ATTACKED NOW" to trick those players into attacking, dropping the newbie flag, and getting killed or guarded.  Again.. that's a VERY major turnoff to a new player.  Herding them into just 2-3 starting towns would enable better oversight and shepherding of them.

6. MAP.. MAP..MAP.  I cannot tell you how many times I reached for the M key just to try and see where I was.  This, once again is a simple add.  Just a basic map with either your starter town or the major towns of the world.  Don;t need spawns and priests etc.. but SOMETHING.  Again.. a simple in game map does not make the game less of a sandbox.  Whenever they put in a skill for cartography you can change the way the map works... but give new players SOMETHING.

7.  Chat.  If you don't make a new player guild..at least make a new player chat channel!  Use the yellow flag as the basis.  If you are yellow flagged you get access to the newbie chat which is monitored by the staff and volunteers who answer questions.   Incentivise people to spend their time IN GAME instead of in IRC or forums or mortalwiki!

Well.. that's my day one wrap.   Today I plan to focus on my Vadda character but plans change. I hope to update again later today!

PS: Server crashed while I tabbed out to type this. Can't get back in. I'll have to try again later

• NeoptolemusNeoptolemus Member Posts: 242

Some really good points, particularly about the darkness. Towns should be filled with dark alleys for thieves and such to hide in, but the communal areas shouldn't be so dark either, from both a realism and practical standpoint.

I can only imagine what a newbie must think when they log into pitch darkness. Your first experience of MO shouldn't be stumbling around for an hour until daybreak. Not exactly the best first impression.

Not much to report for Day 2.  Had very bad luck playing today as the server crashed a few times.. and when I got on it was usually pitch black night.  Hard to be a starting tamer in the dark image

Anyhow.. did find an exploiit or bug or something.  My initial character still has his Yellow Flag.  Since I can;t hunt for animals to tame I decided to log him in and chop some trees while I AFK.   Anyhow... I tabbed back in just now while inside town chopping a tree to find that I was dead.  Apparently I was hit by someones Thunderlash spell.   Like I said.. it's a bug or exploit because I still show my yellow flag which should make me invulnerable.   I did notice 2 other yellow loot bags next to me so 2 other folks with yellow flags has also been recently slain there...

Anyhow.. they took all my wood.. but I just started chopping the tree again and came back to the forums.  Sorry for the slow updates but not much I could accomplish today between the server downs and the night.  FYI.. I did notice that the Server Status thread is often NOT updated with crashes.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

OP, it sounds like you had a similar time playing the trial as I did but I commend you for your determination and patience. I myself can only take so much punishment for no reason.

The beginning of my warrrior's adventure began with learning to walk/jog... slightly. Followed by discovering the only thing I could kill (because it didn't attack back) were rabbits. If I ventured much further wolves would near one shot me. And still after a few hours of chasing down and killing rabbits with a few times getting random pked and eatten by more wolves that I can't run from... I still couldn't kill anything harder than a rabbit. Then I discovered I could tame a rabbit and then kill it because chasing them is very difficult and time consuming. "Swing and a miss!"

To be honest I had a much more fun time playing this while laughing at about everything that happens. You know like a B movie and how terrible it is?

I can confirm the spell bug.  I was hit by mithief's thunderlash a couple times and put into mercy mode.  melee weapons ddo no dmg tho.

• ange10ange10 Member Posts: 307

Originally posted by Slapshot1188{mod edit}

misleading people really o.0? thats worse then the rumour that came up i was working for sv......what next? i'm a secret agent?

Originally posted by ange10

Thorppes----  His last post was 2 1/2 months ago and I would hardly call it "sugarcoating" 

http://www.mpog.com/discussion2.cfm/post/3950126#3950126

Princereaper AKA angel10 he was posting for months and not even playing, but saying he was and everything was gravy.  --- Could you point out when he said he wasn't playing? 

http://www.mpog.com/discussion2.cfm/userPosts/979258

Prince Reaper: http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/58532-i-returned-nave.html

Thorppes: http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/1051503-post28.html (note he is called out in this post for misleading people about the state of the game while unsubbed.. his response = "Hmm I believe I was over-zealous")

Now that has been establish please stay on the topic of this thread which is the discussion of my new Journey into Mortal Online.  I hope to have my next update sometime after lunch!

misleading people really o.0? thats worse then the rumour that came up i was working for sv......what next? i'm a secret agent?

Sir yes misleading.  If you are telling people the game is good and the bugs are not bad and you are not playing, how could you not call that misleading.

• ange10ange10 Member Posts: 307

Originally posted by Lazerus666

Originally posted by ange10

Thorppes----  His last post was 2 1/2 months ago and I would hardly call it "sugarcoating" 

http://www.mpog.com/discussion2.cfm/post/3950126#3950126

Princereaper AKA angel10 he was posting for months and not even playing, but saying he was and everything was gravy.  --- Could you point out when he said he wasn't playing? 

http://www.mpog.com/discussion2.cfm/userPosts/979258

Prince Reaper: http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/58532-i-returned-nave.html

Thorppes: http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/1051503-post28.html (note he is called out in this post for misleading people about the state of the game while unsubbed.. his response = "Hmm I believe I was over-zealous")

Now that has been establish please stay on the topic of this thread which is the discussion of my new Journey into Mortal Online.  I hope to have my next update sometime after lunch!

Sir yes misleading.  If you are telling people the game is good and the bugs are not bad and you are not playing, how could you not call that misleading.

lol you are misleading....because none of that is true and you know it. because you only know what i tell you :)

your just assuming that ive been unsubbed for a long time but theres no actual proof expect my declaration of neutrailly after deciding to join a guild, and cutting all ties with chaos and then I went and saw the riser invasion and spiced up some of the stories :) and showed evidence that I was subbed to the game.

I used a character on my third slot to check out the game after every patch mostly but there was a time when i was unsubbed but i subbed again and then unsubbed again but then shortly subbed again, there only been a max of 1 month of me being unsubbed at a time.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

Great thread.  Cant wait for the next installment.

I self identify as a monkey.

Day 3:

I login and find that it is day!  YAHOO!! I can see!  I log back out and grab my tamer character.  This one is in a town called Vadda.  I quickly hurry to the gates and see one yellow flagged fellow newb so I say hello.  He is standing naked except for a metal helm on his head which I thought was funny.   I see him locked in mortal combat with a weasel (small ferret like creature).  After chuckling a bit to myself I ask if he needs help and he says no.. sure enough he manages to slay the foul beast just a sliver before dying.

I decide to try and tame one of the weasels myself.  They are mentioned on the forums as a good starter mob for taming.   Anyhow, I walk up to the target and start the taming process.  It goes something like this:

wave arms in front

"Here weasel"

wave arms in front

"good weasel"

Weasel has hit for you X damage (ruh rogh Shaggy!)

"Your the best weasel ever"

You have failed to tame the weasel

Weasel has hit you for x damage

Weasel has hit you for x damage

(click tame button again)

wave arms in front

"good weasel"

Weasel has hit you for X damage

"Here weasel"

Weasel has hit you for X damage you are now in mercy mode

OK.. so at this point I am on my knees helpless as the weasel has put me in mercy mode.  He sits there staring at me with his evil eyes.. and then wanders off.  Eventually I gain enough strength to stand up.   Hmm.. that didn't go well.   So I decide to rest up and regain my health.   Of course.. I realize that this character does not know how to sit down yet (Hes only 34 years old).. so I head to town, find the fighter tutor and learn how to sit.   I plop down and start resting.  I go, grab a drink.. come back to the keyboard and find that my health bar has moves maybe 2 millimeters.  I guess I am not skilled enough in sitting for it to be effective.

Not wanting to waste the daylight training my "sit on your ass" skill I head back out.  I had seen a rabbit running by while I was playing possum for the weasel.   Soon enough I find the rabbit and the taming process starts all over again.  The rabbit doesn't attack me though.. instead he runs away (despite my calling him the bestest rabbit ever). I try to keep up with him but since I run slower than a toddler and have the same endurance.. I get the "target out of range" message quite frequently and then have to start from scratch.

After around 10 minute of rabbit chaseing I sweet-talk one into being my bestest buddy!  I now have a pet!  I quickly rename him to "FluffyDoombringer" and head back to town to flaunt my pet!   Sadly, the rabbit which I was unable to keep up with, now seems to have broken legs as he cannot keep up with me.  EVery few seconds I have to stop and let him catch up.  Eventually I make it inside the town and head to the bank area.   Damnit.. not a soul in sight for me to make jealous of my furry friend.    OK.. let me try the craftng area...

As I start to walk to the crafters.. I get the saddest message ever "Your pets loyalty is too low and he leaves"

I scream "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" and search for "FluffyDoombringer" but he is gone... never to be seen again.  I cannot bring myself to go back out and look for another companion as the wound of my loss is so great.  Instead, I grab a pickaxe.. wack a tree.. and tab out to leave this message and make some lunch.

More to follow!