Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is the target release date still spring 2011?

skamperskamper Member UncommonPosts: 252

March April May?

Sorry I haven't been following this game and was just wondering if they were still aiming for a 2011 release?

Simple question.. simple answer please :)

Comments

• SpatterCatSpatterCat Member UncommonPosts: 80

No., not spring of this year.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Yep, 2011 seems to be a 99.5% sure bet.

Spring, a LOT less certain.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

There is still a chance for a spring release, no one here that's not working for Bioware can tell you for certain.

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Yes, the game will be released in Spring.

In the southern hemisphere.

• Heffy424Heffy424 Member UncommonPosts: 524

From what i've seen or heard from the rumor mill is more of a Winter 2011 release for the holiday's probably right around the same time as Mass Effect 3 is what I would go off of.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

The latest "official" info is a target release of spring 2011, but I seriously doubt that will happen.....sadly :(

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Originally posted by jusomdude

There is still a chance for a spring release, no one here that's not working for Bioware can tell you for certain.

I doubt even BW knows when they will actually release other then spring target.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

Originally posted by stragen001

The latest "official" info is a target release of spring 2011, but I seriously doubt that will happen.....sadly :(

While I get your point I don't think it's a sad thing at all. I'd be willing to wait 'til 2012 if it means that they will polish it up. I'm tired of rushed launches and then an attempt to patch content in as players clear it.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• IceTCIceTC Member Posts: 17

Old school MMO players would know that any game that refuses to post an official release date in their FAQ means you can kiss the next several months of "release date hope" goodbye.  I think Nov/early Dec release is more realistic to get a holiday sales jump start.  I think faulty product or not by then, that is latest it will come out.   At absolutely earliest, I would say late summer.

TC

• Heffy424Heffy424 Member UncommonPosts: 524

I find it sad but also hopeful that it has no release date yet I know my machine could probably run the game and bare bone min settings but this gives me more time to upgrade my rig or save up for an whole new one.

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

skamper, I think the best thing we could say at this point is that BioWare has not changed their "Spring 2011" release window as of yet.  To be honest that gives us from April 1st to about June 22nd or so.  Still plenty of time to release on time and to say anything else is nothing more than to be spreading misinformation and trolling.  Keep in mind though that PAX East is coming up next month and we will probably be getting a huge infusion of information at that point.  Now if that information gives us a release date, just changes the release window, or says nothing at all about the release is yet to be seen.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

It's definitely looking like it's going to be pushed back to summer at the earliest.

Though I suppose they could announce the launch date at Pax for a late May - June window.

I think we can rule out a March or April launch at this point.

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

This is the official announcement from BW and is inline with what EA is saying as well

Everyone at BioWare and EA is working to ensure that Star Wars: The Old Republic is delivered at the quality level you expect from BioWare and Star Wars.

?Star Wars: The Old Republic is expected to launch this year after the close of EA's fiscal 2011 (which ends March 31st, 2011). Information on the release date and pre-order programs will be released as it becomes available.

Which meand it COULD release in spring or any other time this year.  EA stated it will come out in 2011 though. So basically anytime after april 1st to dec 31.

You can find the official announcement here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=258996

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Lots of speculation on the target date.

I'd say a summer release or early fall.

DA2 is coming out in March + DLC until May/June (ish)

ME3 is coming out for this holiday season. So probably Nov/Dec.

Kinda forces SWTOR to June - Sept release.

I really can't see BW releasing this on the same timeframe as their two other franchises. No point on releasing 2 RPG and competing with your own products.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• BarakIIIBarakIII Member Posts: 800

Originally posted by whilan

This is the official announcement from BW and is inline with what EA is saying as well

Everyone at BioWare and EA is working to ensure that Star Wars: The Old Republic is delivered at the quality level you expect from BioWare and Star Wars.

?Star Wars: The Old Republic is expected to launch this year after the close of EA's fiscal 2011 (which ends March 31st, 2011). Information on the release date and pre-order programs will be released as it becomes available.

Which meand it COULD release in spring or any other time this year.  EA stated it will come out in 2011 though. So basically anytime after april 1st to dec 31.

You can find the official announcement here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=258996

This, anything anybody else is saying is pure speculation. It could just as easily release in spring as any other time for all we know. My view is this, hope for the best, but expect the worst, that way you won't be disappointed if it isn't released when you want it to be. People will tell you it can't possibly be released in Spring, and will try to give you all kinds of reasons why it can't, but they're just blowing hot air...pure speculation, nothing more.

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

Originally posted by BarakIII

This, anything anybody else is saying is pure speculation. It could just as easily release in spring as any other time for all we know. My view is this, hope for the best, but expect the worst, that way you won't be disappointed if it isn't released when you want it to be. People will tell you it can't possibly be released in Spring, and will try to give you all kinds of reasons why it can't, but they're just blowing hot air...pure speculation, nothing more.

That's pretty much the point of the thread though. Speculating when it will be released.

They are running out of time to release it this spring though. I would say if they don't announce a launch date by the end of Pax, we won't see a spring release.

• IrishoakIrishoak Member Posts: 633

I'm thinking delay. If they had a date for this spring they would most likely be banging the drum already.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Originally posted by BarakIII

If it is spring it'll be after their next earnings call.

During the last earnings call the EA CEO said 'we can't talk about SWTOR now, but we'll have lots to talk about in the next earnings call' (paraphrased) when the question got into SWTOR. Probably because he mentioned the whole '500k sub' thing.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• KyllsynKyllsyn Member UncommonPosts: 110

I'd hope so, but i'd also hope they release it without a million flaws, and if they do release it spring 2011, they'd better hope on the Beta train.

all derp'd out and nowhere to herpaderp.
  • SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

With DA2 soon and ME3 in december, I expect TOR between them.

• Bedlem3342Bedlem3342 Member UncommonPosts: 252

I bet they announce an official release date on march 11 at pax east

Originally posted by Himshim

I'd hope so, but i'd also hope they release it without a million flaws, and if they do release it spring 2011, they'd better hope on the Beta train.

They will only have a beta of about 4 weeks in length. An open beta process isn't important to them except as a marketing tool.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Well if you believe the game will be in the spring then somewhere between apr-june we should have a release. We haven't even had an open beta yet so I am guessing no spring release.

• karat76karat76 Member UncommonPosts: 1,000

I agree with some of the other posters that it will release between DA2 and ME3

Originally posted by SaintViktor

Well if you believe the game will be in the spring then somewhere between apr-june we should have a release. We haven't even had an open beta yet so I am guessing no spring release.

My belief is that it will be released after March 31st and before January 1st of next year. My point isn't that I believe it will be in spring, it's that  it can be in spring. My  other point is that we just don't know. Bioware/EA/LA hasn't chosen to tell us yet. I hope it will be in spring, but I don't really expect it to be. Like I said, hope for the best, but expect the worst. Also, like I said, open beta will only be about 4 weeks long.

Edit: Also, if you go back to the OPs post, he wanted a factual answer, not speculation. The fact is we have no definitive release date other than that rather wide window between March 31st and January 1st.