Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

eve player bleed off to rift and new game coming out this year

tiloirtiloir Member Posts: 4

well might be time some one to say that  after 6 years of no good mmo being put out eve has done well for itself  in large

part do to no games to play on line to play options wow eve vanguard aoc warhammer aion we all know suck for the most part

eve has a ton of players from  all of games listed the player had no game to go to now with new games coming out

will be some player bleed off for the ones that dont want to play a 100% grifter type game with no real pvp action too much lag

and no game balance are any real content added to it in 8 years .    dont flame most players know this is true only players that disagree grift 100% of the time we are talking about most of mmos players who need more then just that in a game now that new games are coming out this year will bleed off players what is your thinking on this

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

I was a carebear, never griefed, and think EVE is an amazing game that I enjoyed playing for over 3 years.  All things come to an end though so I'm on an extended vacation looking for a new experience, but it isn't because of any particular reason, and certainly not because of griefing.

Sure, EVE will see a dip in subs when some of the new games launch, but odds are good that most of the new titles will tank in a few months and they'll end up right back with EVE.  Beauty of EVE is you can train your characters even when you aren't playing, and a lot of folks will just let those subs keep on rolling.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

i'm not sure what you're saying here.  are you saying Rift will take some of the eve players?  they're totally different games so i don't see why eve would lose many subs.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

of course people will want to try the new games. anything new it's exciting and attractive, but i seriously doubt gamers that enjoy  the complexity and depth of a game like EvE will be content with games like Rift for any lenght of time. sure they will try it but it wont last long. you'll see.

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

Rift is just another WoW clone they took the wheel(wow) and put spinners on it. This game dont comepte whit EvE in any way.

the fail can be awesome :) :)

BestSigEver :P

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I can easily see Eve fans bleeding of to WoDO and maybe even some to GW2. But to Rift?

Rift is made for Wow players who got tired of Wow. It is really not a bad game but I don't see more than a handful Eve players move to it.

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

I'm sure there will be a mass exodus to a wow clone. Previous wow clones have hit the Eve subscriber base very hard.

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

Yeap I'm definitely a greifer 'cos I disagree with you alright. Eve just got the Incursion expansion which are pretty much the same as rifts in Rift and from what I've played, Incursions are way more fun than the rifts in Rift.

This is not a game.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Did i here someone say " Riftagaddon " coming soon.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • Domy1Domy1 Member UncommonPosts: 46

Eve players going to rift? no way and I'm speaking as a rift fanboy

There is no comparrison, the majority of people that like eve will not like rift, its chalk and cheese

Now they may swap to black prophecy, or perpetuum but after wayyyy to many nightshifts working with an eve player then you realise rift/tera/gw2 are played for fun,  eve is a lifestyle choice.

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

Your english is so awful I find it hard to believe that you're a "42 year old Male from austin, TX, United States"

• Covet78Covet78 Member UncommonPosts: 149

Nobody in my EVE corp knows what Rift is. I dont' think there will be a mass exodus of players. They are two completely different games.

Yes EVE players like to play other games, but going to a wow clone?

I'll be trying rift out :P

• vladwwvladww Member UncommonPosts: 417

The only game that could steal some Eve players is not Rift or Perpetuum but the recent

Uncharted Waters Online.

Basically UWO is an amazing Eve Online on Sea, though hardly no one knows about it.

I tried Perpetuum, Rift , Xsyon etc.. but nothing compares to Eve or UWO.

Playing : Uncharted Waters Online

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

I couldn't really figure Rift out. They spoke alot of a PvP element but never really explained much of how the game would work.

Some guy on a bike makes a shotgun and a girl kills him and steals it. He reclones and shakes his fist at her.

EvE is a space game. Ignore the rest. It's a space game. Freelancer Online could do serious damage to EvE population. Most of the stuff coming out is more a threat to WoW, Not EvE.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Originally posted by free2play

I couldn't really figure Rift out. They spoke alot of a PvP element but never really explained much of how the game would work.

Some guy on a bike makes a shotgun and a girl kills him and steals it. He reclones and shakes his fist at her.

EvE is a space game. Ignore the rest. It's a space game. Freelancer Online could do serious damage to EvE population. Most of the stuff coming out is more a threat to WoW, Not EvE.

Your description sounds like the Earthrise trailer ?

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • WycliffeWycliffe Member Posts: 354

I am a Rift headstarter and an active EVE player, the two games really don't siphon players from one another IMO. I will always keep an active EVE account because I just love my EVE too much to ever give it up. While at times I might lapse for a week or two and log in mainly to skill queue, the bug always bites again and soon enough I'm pulling all nighters in New Eden.

Originally posted by vladww

The only game that could steal some Eve players is not Rift or Perpetuum but the recent

Uncharted Waters Online.

Basically UWO is an amazing Eve Online on Sea, though hardly no one knows about it.

it haz drop loot pvp ?

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

Rift sux cuz it doesnt bring anything new. if i wanted to play WoW id play WoW. but i dont. EVE has a niche secured, which means no other developer can offer anything like it. pop has been going up and will continue with ridiculously good new features coming up.

some may leave for swtor, but most will continue playing because buying PLEX is easy and makes the game free.

Originally posted by cosy

Uncharted Waters Online.

it haz drop loot pvp ?

yes

Uncharted Waters Online.

it haz drop loot pvp ?

yes

i did check a bit the webpage and if i get things well is a micro transaction game, true ?

• HekketHekket Member Posts: 905

Originally posted by Hazelle

Your english is so awful I find it hard to believe that you're a "42 year old Male from austin, TX, United States"

{mod edit}

on-topic: I'll have to disagree with the OP. Rift and EVE are two entirely different games. Sure they both employ MMO gamers, but regardless they're very different types of gamers.

Most people I know in EVE don't play any other MMOs (nor have they have played any other MMO) and in some cases no other games at all. EVE is their first and only online game.

it haz drop loot pvp ?

yes

i did check a bit the webpage and if i get things well is a micro transaction game, true ?

Uncharted Waters Online  is a bit live Eve on Sea ^^ :

- New

- Huge content

- Sandboxy

- Dozens of professions

- Player housing and guild housing

- Undisruptive cash shop

- Free

- Original Setting

- Very Balanced

- Huge World

- Expansions already in the making

- Skill based / tons of skills

- Slow paced / will take months or years to explore all the content

- territory control / world sea pvp

- Great meaningful Crafting

- Player driven Economy

- Thousands of quests

etc...

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

This is the way I see it going.  Some EVE players will leave to play Rift because of the hype and it being a fairly large, new game.  Then I think those same ppl will go back to EVE because they will realize that the thing they enjoyed about EVE was not really what Rift was offering.  IE a very open game Vs. a very linear themepark type game.

I self identify as a monkey.

• SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203

"and no game balance are any real content added to it in 8 years ."

Way to instantly discredit your entire post and sound completely clueless.

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

Ok look it is another thread  that mentions a boring game called Rift.

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

I sold my main character and deleted the rest.

Ships and ISK I donated with contracts to some random IT corporation.

Leaving EVE and never to look back.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"