Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What race/profession will you start off with?

Comments

• DerykCHDerykCH Member Posts: 23

1) Human  warrior  - from streets looks like a Roin

2) Sylvari  necro   - born in the night ~ mysterious?unfeeling?icy stare?wintry smile

• miramira2miramira2 Member UncommonPosts: 76

1. Asuran elementalist

2. Norn ranger (or "gunner" class)

3. Sylvari mesmer (if there is a mesmer class)

4. Human "something" (probably assassin if available)

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

1. Asura mesmer/elementalist

2. Charr gunner/whatever the rifle class may be

3. Norn warrior

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• impiroimpiro Member Posts: 204

I hardly every pick human when there are other races, however I do tend to go for the best fit between race and prof.

While my favourite race is Char by far, my favourite prof is Guardian and for me those 2 just dont feel right together. Char is more a warrior / shamanic race for me. So as I really want to play a Guardian, I prob choose human or norn. Humand guardian seems better as the Norn seem more like a power hungry race. I like melee classes so maybe a warrior char/norn. 

• sketchy_sketchy_ Member UncommonPosts: 137

Asura Necromancer

If I find myself not enjoying the necromancer I will give warrior or maybe the "gunner" class a try.

But definitly asura :) 

First alt character will probably be norn.

"If I had a d*ck, I'd go get laid. But we can do that next best thing... Let's kill people."

• holifeetholifeet Member Posts: 532

I seriously like the idea of an Asura elementalist, but it is hard to say until all the classes have been released. They might yet announce something seriously amazing to challenge the allure of the elementalist to me.

The ranger does sound fun and I think a Norn ranger would certainly appeal to me, but most likely as an alt.

Just curious. Is the Asura really a race for men? Are they too cute for men to really be playing them? Can you argue that?

Not that I care really. I played a fae in EQ2. image

All hail the Pixel, for it is glorious Orange!
  • MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

I want to do a Norn Mesmer (Who says you can't combine frills with beards?), an Asuran Guardian (Because philanthropy is best done by those able to make the most rational decisions) and a Charr Elementalist (If you can't solve a problem with fire, the problem is you're not using enough fire).

I also want a human and Sylvari, but waiting for the remaining professions to be revealed.

Is the mesmer a speculated class or something the devs have hinted strongly at? I'm assuming an enchanter-style thing, but I haven't followed this game half enough to have seen a lot of dev stuff. I refuse to follow a game again.

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

Originally posted by holifeet

Is the mesmer a speculated class or something the devs have hinted strongly at? I'm assuming an enchanter-style thing, but I haven't followed this game half enough to have seen a lot of dev stuff. I refuse to follow a game again.

Mesmers are the most iconic class of the first Guild Wars games.

They were mentioned as existing in the first GW2 book, and the queen of the humans is a Mesmer, and referred to as such in the second novel. :)

Concept art has been revealed of suspiciously Mesmerish characters, and... well, people are just assuming that the most unique Guild Wars class would make it to the second game.

It would be like opening McDonalds 2 and not having any hamburgers at all.

• cobaltdemoncobaltdemon Member UncommonPosts: 46

Norn or Charr Ranger.

I want a pet kitty.

I want a doggy.

And if there is swiming/oceans I want a dolphin! I don't want no stinkin' shark thingy! I want a dolphin and if I can't get one I so totally intend to feed some DEV to the afformentioned shark thingy!

Originally posted by Meowhead

Mesmers are the most iconic class of the first Guild Wars games.

They were mentioned as existing in the first GW2 book, and the queen of the humans is a Mesmer, and referred to as such in the second novel. :)

Concept art has been revealed of suspiciously Mesmerish characters, and... well, people are just assuming that the most unique Guild Wars class would make it to the second game.

It would be like opening McDonalds 2 and not having any hamburgers at all.

Ahh, I see. Certainly makes sense to have a mesmer then.

I played GW1 for about an hour, so I'm not clear on the background lore either.

• Zeppelin5083Zeppelin5083 Member Posts: 410

There is also this picture that was released by ArenaNet, which looks a lot like a mesmer to me.

• therez0therez0 Member Posts: 379

Just curious. Is the Asura really a race for men? Are they too cute for men to really be playing them? Can you argue that?
    Not that I care really. I played a fae in EQ2.

If you ever ask an asura to smile, you will see that they are far from the cuddly race--their toothy grin is more akin to the maw of a t-rex. They are also super smart, and are completely self-assured of their intellectual dominance over every other race, and most have an ego large enough to make Napoleon shy-away.

...now that i think about it, I just described my brother as well.

• silenossilenos Member Posts: 116

Norn (if Norn ladies look strong but still feminine like Jora in EotN). Ranger because I always start with Archer type characters in MMOs and I love Ranger in GW.

I want to reborn as a Sylvari.

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

Originally posted by silenos

Norn (if Norn ladies look strong but still feminine like Jora in EotN). Ranger because I always start with Archer type characters in MMOs and I love Ranger in GW.

http://www.arena.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Med.jpg

Is this what you were looking for?

• EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949

Human Elementalist will be my first character.

• CookieTimeCookieTime Member Posts: 353

Leaning towards norn or human elementalist. Not a final decision tho..

Eat me!

• ZenakouZenakou Member Posts: 50

I'm thinking Asuran assassin, or Asuran mesmer. I like the idea of being a midget shanking people, but also like the idea of being a midget dominating people's minds lol

• Zeppelin5083Zeppelin5083 Member Posts: 410

I'm also wanting a human "gunner" or whichever profession uses guns. I hope double pistols are an option.

• Short-StrawShort-Straw Member Posts: 422

Charr Warrior   I'm a grunt and I like to drool!  To thyne ownself be true.

• LokomotivLokomotiv Member Posts: 106

Fot the present time i'm thinking on starting with:

1) Human Necro

2) Norn Guardian

3) Asura Elementalist

4) Sylvari Ranger

5) Charr Warrior

Still some professions to come so this can change.

• PilnkplonkPilnkplonk Member Posts: 1,532

Female Asura Warrior.

Just to get on people's nerves.

• meleemadnessmeleemadness Member Posts: 592

Originally posted by Kaneth

I will start off as a guardian, unless one of the new professions grabs my attention. Race, still not decided, depends on whether my wife decides to play or not. If she does, we will most likely be Sylvari or Human, if not, then most likely a Norn.

Haha, Kaneth, my wife will play which means she probably won't play a female Norn as they are too big.  She will want to be a Sylvari or Human too, how funny.

I personally want to play a Norn and Charr....I like looking  big and beefy.

I think we will probably have two characters each though....on set as Norn, one set as Sylvari and I will probably have my own Charr.

• XileoXileo Member Posts: 24

Asura Warrior  FTW!

• n3verendRn3verendR Member UncommonPosts: 452

Well as it turns out, there was a skill design contest held over at GuildFans a few months back and I won the contest with a skill called Stonewark for Elementalist.

If that skill is in the game, I'll absolutely HAVE to play Elementalist, what better than playing the best/most anticipated of all the upcoming MMORPGs and having use of a skill you created =p

Likewise, if Asura are able to craft/control Golems in any manner (and I do mean assemble/play your Golem that you create..) I will absolutely HAVE to play Asura.

If neither of those things (or similarly, one of those things) is out of whack... I'll be touting a Human Engineer

People think it's fun to pretend your a monster. Me I spend my life pretending I'm not. - Dexter Morgan