Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stick a fork in me....

maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

I have to preface this by saying nobody, and I mean NOBODY was looking forward to the fixing of these bugs more than me.  I was incredibly excited to get back in the game and PvP without having to worry about who is exploiting what and how they are doing it.  As usual: TL;DR version

Unfortunately for me, and a number of others,  the exploits still exist. 

In my 3 hours of play time post-patch,  I tried legends,  arenas, and some open world PvP.  My experience was as follows:

Legends PvP:  With the addition of catwoman I was very excited to try her out.  Her power set is very interesting, and didn't take me long to master.  Unfortunately my first match, I went up against a completely invisible player for the first 5 minutes of play (which was a known bug prior to the patch)  and another player playing as Robin.  Robin appears to have had his staff twirl buffed instead of nerfed, while Bane has had his Rock Throw nerfed to all hell.   Catwoman seems to be a cut above all others.  She has a shield that deals a ton of reflect damage.  A whip manuever that puts out tons of DPS, stuns and hits multiple opponents,  and lastly, a close range combo that can easily deal 1000 damage.   With these changes you see only 3 kinds of players in Legends.   Those playing Robin,  those playing Catwoman,  and those who didn't get the memo that Banes Rock Throw has been nerfed.

Also,  the problem of the missing Potions and Trinkets are still there.  You either have to switch stances (by going into stealth or a similar action)  or you have to unequip your trinket and potion before entering a match.  A minor annoyance, but kind of major for those that chain queue arena and legends and have to unequip and re-equip between matches depending on what pops.

Arena PvP:   Arena PvP is full of tanks.  Simple as that.  Most of them are ice tanks,  simply because Ice Bash is still extremely bugged to the point that, after dying to an ice tank,  you'll continue to take damage in your respawn area,  and the damage isn't exactly negligible.  We're talking about consistent hits for 200+ damage.  Multiply that by a team of ice tanks and you have imminent death in the respawn area unless you sit there and block the damage,  and I've had the damage hang around for 10 to 15 seconds.  So you can either die in the respawn or sit out of the battle for an undetermined amount of time.

Nature has been nerfed to hell,  as has sorcery.  Playing in damage mode for Nature doesn't change much from playing in healer mode now with all DoTs putting out little damage and the highlight of the plants tree,  the much feared thorn move,  has been nerfed to the point to where it barely puts out any damage.  I've had lunges that do more damage than it now,  and that is one of the major crutches for nature damage dealers.  Same with sorcery and Final Ruin.  They've basically taken the best parts of the damage portions of those classes, and made them useless.

As for exploits, some have been fixed,  the major one, trans/shuriken storm no longer works,  but we still see lunge stuns that also block break by chaining abilities.  Videos are already cropping up of all the new exploits and the patch hasn't even been out for 24 hours.  

I love DCUO, but I can't keep playing a game that caters to those that exploit, and exploits are going unchecked.  I subbed specifically because this patch was on its way,  and now,  2 and a half weeks before its time to sub again,  I just can't keep believing that SOE will be able to put out anything of substance to stop this by the time of renewal.  

On the bright side,  the PvE content they've released seems to be very popular.  Queues for the event are popping consistently.  The server was very busy in my time playing,  I crashed once and when I logged back in PE was on high population.  For a tuesday thats something I guess,  but already the forums for DCUO are abuzz with PvPers angry about the exploits not fixed and some unnecessary nerfs. 

The UI hasn't changed too much, though the chat is far more responsive than it was before. Some things have changed,  additional icons,  less laggy movement in my experience between menus.. though it may just be me getting used to switching between menus now.  Chat is much more functional,  similar to other games as far as getting in and out of chat.  Its not much better than before, but I can at least chat in different areas without having to hit enter 20+ times to initiate chat.  

Anyways,  long story short,  my hiatus from PvP will now turn into a hiatus from the game.  I already tried unsubbing,  but the site shows my account as "pending" and wouldn't let me unsub.   Kind of a strange thing if you ask me,  but I'll stay vigilant.  I'll play out the rest of the month and you all can bet if there are any changes between now and my final day before my sub runs out I'll be sure to post about it.  Through all of this I stand by my statement that DCUO is a fun game,  but with the increasing problems and SOEs poor response time,  its just not the right time to be a competitive PvP'er and consider subscribing to this game -- unless of course, you're an exploiter.

Ice Bash Bug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEu6HIzoNBA

Comments

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

Despite all the bugs associated with the game, I really want to try it. Hoping to get a buddy key soon so I can. I'm debating whether to buy this March 1st or Rift.

~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Originally posted by Miles-Prower

Despite all the bugs associated with the game, I really want to try it. Hoping to get a buddy key soon so I can. I'm debating whether to buy this March 1st or Rift.

I'll tell you, if you're a PvE'er and play on a PvE server, you won't notice any problems really.  Once you start to PvP, the game changes.  In PvE, exploits that are used just make it easier, and if a team mate is using them,  it doesn't hurt you in any way.  In PvP its severely game breaking.  

As I feel the DCUO I play is heavily PvP based (I play on a PvP server)  thats really 90% of my play time,  in PvP arenas, and open world PvP.  

For all others, they'll have a completely different experience.  The game is way too much fun to not try out in my opinion.  If I had an extra buddy key I'd happily hand them out.  Its still a great game..... to the extent that its fun until you're on the receiving end of exploiters.

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

Originally posted by maskedweasel

I'll tell you, if you're a PvE'er and play on a PvE server, you won't notice any problems really.  Once you start to PvP, the game changes.  In PvE, exploits that are used just make it easier, and if a team mate is using them,  it doesn't hurt you in any way.  In PvP its severely game breaking.  

As I feel the DCUO I play is heavily PvP based (I play on a PvP server)  thats really 90% of my play time,  in PvP arenas, and open world PvP.  

For all others, they'll have a completely different experience.  The game is way too much fun to not try out in my opinion.  If I had an extra buddy key I'd happily hand them out.  Its still a great game..... to the extent that its fun until you're on the receiving end of exploiters.

Well, I never liked PvP in any MMORPG I play. Firstly, I have a problem with killing people. I feel too guilty afterwords. Secondly, I don't take dying to other people well =P.

I imagine with all the exploits running around, I'd be even less inclined to try PvP.

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
  • kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Yeah i suppose im about done with it too. I was defending the game as well, giving them time to get this stuff all sorted out with this patch but even after the delays and the ridiculous wait of several weeks to do ANYTHING about some of the most gamebreaking exploits ive ever seen in an MMO, they fell sadly short of mine an dother's expectations in actually fixing much of anything or any actual improvements. Its basically as if we were enticed into sticking around by their promises of things being fixed / improved so that maybe the people who waited a couple days/weeks after launch to buy it would also have to pay their sub to see how the patch went, and then we get a patch that merely tweaked a few major exploits making them not AS bad, while adding in other new exploits to be found as well as breaking a whole slew of other things.

I wasnt a fan of the thempark aspect of the game to begin with, and the PvP was fun when it was fair, but SOE kind of crushed what little hope this game had left by proving that even when given over a month and patience by much of the community to fix things that should have been fixed in alpha & beta ranging from lack of features, broken tools/UI, bugged instances, queues, skills, etc, tons of rampant exploits, and several ther problems they failed horribly to make good use of the time they were given.

Personally, it looks like ill be going with Xsyon for now. At least theyre pretty upfront about whats going on whent hings are going to be changed, stuff theyre fixing, when its being fixed, etc. It might not be as "shiny" or actiony as DCUO, but its got a much better dev team working on it without the many many millions of dollars being put into it and a staff that is incapable of fixing its mistakes like SOE seems to be..... once again.

Originally posted by kaiser3282

Personally, it looks like ill be going with Xsyon for now. At least theyre pretty upfront about whats going on whent hings are going to be changed, stuff theyre fixing, when its being fixed, etc. It might not be as "shiny" or actiony as DCUO, but its got a much better dev team working on it without the many many millions of dollars being put into it and a staff that is incapable of fixing its mistakes like SOE seems to be..... once again.

Its funny that you mention Xsyon, I've been looking at that game for a bit too. I need something to tide me over until my next most wanted games : Skyrim and SWTOR and Xsyon looks decent.  May end up giving it a shot myself... after... the servers are stable that is.

Well, I never liked PvP in any MMORPG I play. Firstly, I have a problem with killing people. I feel too guilty afterwords. Secondly, I don't take dying to other people well =P.

I imagine with all the exploits running around, I'd be even less inclined to try PvP.

Yeah, its kind of to the point where there isnt even any "trying to PvP", its more like just be a test dummy for some exploiter who drops you in 1-2 seconds while hidden from sight and/or invincible, respawn and wait for them to do it again. There may still be hope for them to salvage something of a good MMO from the ashes of the PvE servers, but sort of like how horribly bugged PvEgoing unfixed (amongst other things) killed off a lot of WAR subs, DCUO is experiencing the same thing but with PvP instead. I LOVED the PvP in the game, but its just gotten out of hand and their inaction gives me no hope for the future of the DCUO PvP servers. Likely we will see them down to just 1 PvP server in the near future, or if not the PvP servers will be ghost towns with very few fights to be found anywhere.

Originally posted by kaiser3282

Its funny that you mention Xsyon, I've been looking at that game for a bit too. I need something to tide me over until my next most wanted games : Skyrim and SWTOR and Xsyon looks decent.  May end up giving it a shot myself... after... the servers are stable that is.

Yeah ive been watching it on and off for the past year or so, finally decided to pick it up along with my bro this weekend. Certainly not the greatest graphics & combat wise, but its a hell of a good game so far if youre looking for a sandbox to play in and they recently brought on a new dev who is solely focused on improving combat and making big improvements to it. They actually just brought the server back up an hour ago after the intermediate wipe for some final testing and stuff over the next couple days in preparation for 1 last wipe before the official Prelude launch.

• BaubleheadBaublehead Member Posts: 21

Though I canceled last week, my friend was holding on.  He is now canceled as well.  We both suffered from the dreaded "alt-tab-from-full-screen-lockup" (every single time), and they didn't fix that either.

Valentine's Day.... huh.

RIFT - You're not in Azeroth anymore. Oh hey, would you mind throwing this net on 10 of those squirrels over there? (Yes, that is an actual quest).

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

@Masked:

I feel ya brother.  I played PvP specifically because it was capes v. guns.  I'm ALSO glad you mentioned the nature because 2 of my toons are heavy nature guys.  To nerf one of the attacks I specc'd for just makes me roll my eyes.

I've jumped ship to Rift awaiting Skyrim and ToR as well.  So we shall see.

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Wow...

As much as I dislike the company that created this game, I feel sorry for you guys. I know what it's like to believe in something and wish in something that ends up in their hands. It's sad that it had to happen to another big name IP (DC), but I will remain hopeful that this is their last time.

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

There's always a sliver of hope. At a basic level the combat system works. They may have missed the one big fix with this patch, but the issue definitely is fixable.

Having enough people unsubscribe may be enough of an incentive for the devs to get their act together.

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by Naqaj

There's always a sliver of hope. At a basic level the combat system works. They may have missed the one big fix with this patch, but the issue definitely is fixable.

Having enough people unsubscribe may be enough of an incentive for the devs to get their act together.

I wish I shared your optimism, but history has proven that all unsubscribing does (with SoE) is solidify their belief that YOU are wrong and THEY are right. SoE is more concerned with the players who didn't buy the game, than those who did.

• ZorlokZorlok Member UncommonPosts: 132

I'm hoping that a PvE server will be more entertaining for me.  I like the option of being able to take

on PvP but I am getting tired of being ganked.  I'm not sure if the PvE will be better but I'm sure hoping

so.. At the moment I'm a little bored with the game.  I hope this will change.

Originally posted by TUX426

I wish I shared your optimism, but history has proven that all unsubscribing does (with SoE) is solidify their belief that YOU are wrong and THEY are right. SoE is more concerned with the players who didn't buy the game, than those who did.

I was there when they did it to SWG,  and that was different in the way that they completely changed the entire game.  While the combat has stayed largely the same mechanically in DCUO,  and nothing has changed as far as the layout and "function" of each of the power sets,  the abilities are all out of balance.    By out of balance  I mean some sets just aren't functional in their roles now.  Nature and Sorcery as damage is pretty much a wash.  Mental used to have a good block with its reflect, but now its almost useless (though it needed a nerf, it didn't need to become obsolete).

I'm all for change,  but when the changes aren't functional at all, these games just don't work.  In the end they aren't covering all of the exploits and they are making minor balance changes with the dexterity of a moose.  They can't just go a little bit one way,  its all or nothing.

Still, I'll never say I didn't get my moneys worth,  nor will I say the game wasn't worth the purchase for me,  but it definitely has become a let down with each "fix" they implement.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

Originally posted by TUX426

I was there when they did it to SWG,  and that was different in the way that they completely changed the entire game.  While the combat has stayed largely the same mechanically in DCUO,  and nothing has changed as far as the layout and "function" of each of the power sets,  the abilities are all out of balance.    By out of balance  I mean some sets just aren't functional in their roles now.  Nature and Sorcery as damage is pretty much a wash.  Mental used to have a good block with its reflect, but now its almost useless (though it needed a nerf, it didn't need to become obsolete).

I'm all for change,  but when the changes aren't functional at all, these games just don't work.  In the end they aren't covering all of the exploits and they are making minor balance changes with the dexterity of a moose.  They can't just go a little bit one way,  its all or nothing.

Still, I'll never say I didn't get my moneys worth,  nor will I say the game wasn't worth the purchase for me,  but it definitely has become a let down with each "fix" they implement.

Before SOE gutted SWG, they ignored the obvious problems for a good while. Bugs, lack of content, systems either half implemented or half working... and instead of fixing all that stuff, they had their own priorities that were far different than most of the playerbase (who just wanted a working game).

And "fixes" either making things worse, createing other problems, or breaking previous fixes is another SOE trait.

And piss poor  QA both pre and post launch.

It is not a SWG or DCUO thing, it is an SOE thing.

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

Yeah that sucks, im glad i enjoy the PvE enough to still keep playing it casually.

If i was playing mostly for the PvP im sure id quit just like you.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

Sidenote, as a non-native english speaker: What does the phrase "stick a fork in me" actually mean? I expect it's not meant to be taken literally?

• saxifrsaxifr Member UncommonPosts: 381

Sidenote, as a non-native english speaker: What does the phrase "stick a fork in me" actually mean? I expect it's not meant to be taken literally?

When you cook certain types of foods (brownies come to mind), you can stick something like a fork or toothpick in them to make sure they are cooked properly.

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

• UnSubUnSub Member Posts: 252

"Stick a fork in it / me, it's done" is thought to have come from cooking - with roast meat, you prick with a fork to see if the juices run clear. If they do, the meat is fully cooked. Typically it is only something you do at the end of the cooking time, just to check.

Anyway!

I've been critical of how SOE has handled DCUO - it has a fun core, but needed a lot more work around things to keep players engaged. The minimal beta testing time was always going to cause problems down the line - and originally DCUO was going to have an even shorter beta, so it could have been worse - along with the lack of player testing of the patches going live is just going to cause problems in the future.

• BaubleheadBaublehead Member Posts: 21

No, it's just a silly way to say "I'm done." :D

RIFT - You're not in Azeroth anymore. Oh hey, would you mind throwing this net on 10 of those squirrels over there? (Yes, that is an actual quest).

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

*raises eyebrow* Hear hear.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Yeah, the PvP is kind of in the "stay away!" format right now until they nail down all these damaging bugs. The PVE is still a blast, and when you do fight people who don't glitch on purpose, matches are fun as they were in the days before people figured out macros.

But yeah, until they figure out a way to prevent it full-stop, PvP is very much a mixed bag. And were it the only thing I wanted to do, I'd have stopped a long time ago... still, it sucks because I really want my Deathstroke iconic outfit.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

I have to preface this by saying nobody, and I mean NOBODY was looking forward to the fixing of these bugs more than me.  I was incredibly excited to get back in the game and PvP without having to worry about who is exploiting what and how they are doing it.  As usual: TL;DR version

Unfortunately for me, and a number of others,  the exploits still exist. 

In my 3 hours of play time post-patch,  I tried legends,  arenas, and some open world PvP.  My experience was as follows:

Legends PvP:  With the addition of catwoman I was very excited to try her out.  Her power set is very interesting, and didn't take me long to master.  Unfortunately my first match, I went up against a completely invisible player for the first 5 minutes of play (which was a known bug prior to the patch)  and another player playing as Robin.  Robin appears to have had his staff twirl buffed instead of nerfed, while Bane has had his Rock Throw nerfed to all hell.   Catwoman seems to be a cut above all others.  She has a shield that deals a ton of reflect damage.  A whip manuever that puts out tons of DPS, stuns and hits multiple opponents,  and lastly, a close range combo that can easily deal 1000 damage.   With these changes you see only 3 kinds of players in Legends.   Those playing Robin,  those playing Catwoman,  and those who didn't get the memo that Banes Rock Throw has been nerfed.

Also,  the problem of the missing Potions and Trinkets are still there.  You either have to switch stances (by going into stealth or a similar action)  or you have to unequip your trinket and potion before entering a match.  A minor annoyance, but kind of major for those that chain queue arena and legends and have to unequip and re-equip between matches depending on what pops.

Arena PvP:   Arena PvP is full of tanks.  Simple as that.  Most of them are ice tanks,  simply because Ice Bash is still extremely bugged to the point that, after dying to an ice tank,  you'll continue to take damage in your respawn area,  and the damage isn't exactly negligible.  We're talking about consistent hits for 200+ damage.  Multiply that by a team of ice tanks and you have imminent death in the respawn area unless you sit there and block the damage,  and I've had the damage hang around for 10 to 15 seconds.  So you can either die in the respawn or sit out of the battle for an undetermined amount of time.

Nature has been nerfed to hell,  as has sorcery.  Playing in damage mode for Nature doesn't change much from playing in healer mode now with all DoTs putting out little damage and the highlight of the plants tree,  the much feared thorn move,  has been nerfed to the point to where it barely puts out any damage.  I've had lunges that do more damage than it now,  and that is one of the major crutches for nature damage dealers.  Same with sorcery and Final Ruin.  They've basically taken the best parts of the damage portions of those classes, and made them useless.

As for exploits, some have been fixed,  the major one, trans/shuriken storm no longer works,  but we still see lunge stuns that also block break by chaining abilities.  Videos are already cropping up of all the new exploits and the patch hasn't even been out for 24 hours.  

I love DCUO, but I can't keep playing a game that caters to those that exploit, and exploits are going unchecked.  I subbed specifically because this patch was on its way,  and now,  2 and a half weeks before its time to sub again,  I just can't keep believing that SOE will be able to put out anything of substance to stop this by the time of renewal.  

On the bright side,  the PvE content they've released seems to be very popular.  Queues for the event are popping consistently.  The server was very busy in my time playing,  I crashed once and when I logged back in PE was on high population.  For a tuesday thats something I guess,  but already the forums for DCUO are abuzz with PvPers angry about the exploits not fixed and some unnecessary nerfs. 

The UI hasn't changed too much, though the chat is far more responsive than it was before. Some things have changed,  additional icons,  less laggy movement in my experience between menus.. though it may just be me getting used to switching between menus now.  Chat is much more functional,  similar to other games as far as getting in and out of chat.  Its not much better than before, but I can at least chat in different areas without having to hit enter 20+ times to initiate chat.  

Anyways,  long story short,  my hiatus from PvP will now turn into a hiatus from the game.  I already tried unsubbing,  but the site shows my account as "pending" and wouldn't let me unsub.   Kind of a strange thing if you ask me,  but I'll stay vigilant.  I'll play out the rest of the month and you all can bet if there are any changes between now and my final day before my sub runs out I'll be sure to post about it.  Through all of this I stand by my statement that DCUO is a fun game,  but with the increasing problems and SOEs poor response time,  its just not the right time to be a competitive PvP'er and consider subscribing to this game -- unless of course, you're an exploiter.

Ice Bash Bug:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEu6HIzoNBA

I believe the TLDR version should be:

"DCUO has about the typical PvP balance issues as just about any new MMO released, so I'll come back when they fix it."

You know, DAOC had them, Warhammer had them, WoW had them, LOTRO Monster Play had them, Fallen Earth has them, Rift has them now, the Tank MMO has them, Global Agenda has them.

If you were expecting balanced and bug-free PvP in the first month of a newly released MMO, I really don't know what to tell you, or what new MMO that ever released was mostly balanced from the start regarding it's PvP. They just don't exist anywhere at a launch. I think your bar was set a bit too high.

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Nature has been nerfed to hell, as has sorcery. Playing in damage mode for Nature doesn't change much from playing in healer mode now with all DoTs putting out little damage and the highlight of the plants tree, the much feared thorn move, has been nerfed to the point to where it barely puts out any damage. I've had lunges that do more damage than it now, and that is one of the major crutches for nature damage dealers.

I think this is a misleading and perhaps only speaking in a "PvP' sense, or someone not using Thorns the right way in PvE.

Playing a Nature DPS in a party is still pretty good damage. It's not as much as before obviously, but then neither are most basic trees (not talking about Legends and that stuff). Thorns by itself isn't supposed to be "push button, take half of the life from opponent". It's a defensive move/skill for when dps/healers get rushed.

Now you're probably also using it the wrong way based on how you're talking just about "Thorns".

You are supposed to ALWAYS use Thorns with Vine Lash in DPS mode. Why? Because when you pull a mob in with Lash, then use Thorns it spreads all that DoT to ALL the surrounding mobs. So, why would SOE want someone doing Vine Lash then Thorns, and killing a group of mobs in seconds like before? You aren't looking at the big picture, just Thorns which again, is a defenseive knockback. When I use Vine Lash/Thorns combos, it knocks all enemies back with stun and poisons them all with decent dps. And you can SPAM that as well. That move takes about 30% of mobs life off immediately with a tic that keeps going. Then you spam it again.

If you think that combo (Vine Lash) in DPS mode is barely any improvement over Healer mode, I'd say you must be just listening to someone in your legion who doesn't know how to use his Nature skills properly.

No excuse not to use it considering Vine Lash is the VERY FIRST SKILL you get in Nature form anyways. Doesn't cost any extra points to play the class properly.

Originally posted by popinjay

I believe the TLDR version should be:

"DCUO has about the typical PvP balance issues as just about any new MMO released, so I'll come back when they fix it."

You know, DAOC had them, Warhammer had them, WoW had them, LOTRO Monster Play had them, Fallen Earth has them, Rift has them now, the Tank MMO has them, Global Agenda has them.

If you were expecting balanced and bug-free PvP in the first month of a newly released MMO, I really don't know what to tell you, or what new MMO that ever released was mostly balanced from the start regarding it's PvP. They just don't exist anywhere at a launch. I think your bar was set a bit too high.

I was expecting PvP to be in a more playable state then it was seeing how they waited so long to release the patch and content...  and in truth,  its bearable  in small doses, like some 2v2 and 4v4 matches for legends.  4v4 arena's aren't half bad either, as most of the time its strategy that pulls off the win rather than brute force.   8v8 and 5v5 where its basically a deathmatch can get pretty rowdy if someones abusing the ice bash exploit.

Balancing will never be done to perfection,  but to me it feels like they were just shooting in the dark with some of the fixes and not checking whether or not they would actually fix the problem, or create others.  For example, a new bug thats cropped up recently is the "missing target" bug where some combos and powers combined will suddenly make you miss your intended target altogether and fire the powers off without damaging anything.  Its prevalent in Nature a lot when using vine lash, as my main character is nature - and I play in damage mode - I experience it alot.   

I suppose this cropped up by forcing some animations to have a certain delay to combat cancelling -  but during the delay somehow you lose targets if you attack too quickly and combos just whiz by without damaging your opponent.   

I hate it... quite a bit... but... I love the combat so much I'm still logging in everyday.   Its a strange relationship.  Maybe my bar was set too high,  I expected them to take a stand on exploits and to make rational choices when working on balance as this game has a large focus on PvP content.  If they won't ban the exploiters temporarily,  and won't fix the problems with hotfixes as they crop up,   I don't really know what else to do at this point.  Sure they have their hands tied but should we just excuse the behaviour?