Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it worth getting?

jubbincakejubbincake Member Posts: 134

Ok, I am getting a new computer very soon. I plan on buy HL2 right away, but I also want to play an MMORPG. I'm torn between EQ2 and WoW. Your responses are probably going to be "EQ 2 ROCKS WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO GO AND PLAY A GAME WITH PEOPLE CALLING YOU NOOBS!". But seeing as all of you play the game, i want to know how great it is. I'll make a list and if you guys could please answer them truthfully it would be much appriciated.

1: How much do people roleplay, are there people running around yelling stupid things such as "dude" and "noob", or is it very mature and fun?

2: Is exploration like they say it is, can you and a buddy go on treasure hunts that take hours to complete and find places where the majority of the player population doesnt even know about. And do they make it seem like you are actually adventuring?

3: Is leveling long and boring, or is it challenging but not impossible, do you ahve to spend day in and day out playing just to get from level 20 - 21?

4: How is combat, is it fun and exciting or a snore fest. Also do groups only look for one type of worrior or o they team with anyone and how hard is it to find the groups?

5: And lastly you can add anything that you think may help me make the decision.

Comments

• firemagicfiremagic Member Posts: 878

This should help:

CLICK ME

• jubbincakejubbincake Member Posts: 134

heh.. thanks? I kind of wanted some one that played it extensivley like you guys. Not some one that played it for a week and rated it. But thanks.

• NihilanthNihilanth Member Posts: 1,357

1. i personally dont roleplay much, but no, there are no people (and im serious, i have yet to see the word noob once since i got the game) people like that.

2. yes and no. you are rewarded with exp when you find areas of interest in the world, and there are deffnitely some hidden places that a lot of people don't know about. places like antonica are MASSIVE and can take you a while to explore, but it can be very fun. as for weather or not you feel like an actual adventurer, i guess thats up to you personally.

3. ok, if you are a casual player who cant devote much time to play, this most likely isnt the game for you. it can take a while to level depending on how much time you spend on it and what pace you are taking it at. thats not to say this game has to be your life by any means though. some people think the leveling is boring, but i know more, myself included, who love it. why? because IMO the combat system is great, fast paced, and it can be very challenging. there is also very little downtime between battles (if youve ever played FFXI you learn to GREATLY appreciate this). as i said it takea a while to level, but its fun and rewarding.

4. read the above, but i want to stress that the combat is very exciting. no, parties will generally take any type of fighter because each one has its own important role in a group. the only thing that most parties need is a preist of some form. however, i HAVE been in several successful parties without a presit, it just depends on the way you approach a battle and the things that you fight. as for how hard it is to find a party, its easy. put your flag up and if that doesnt get you a party within 5 minutes just /ooc the zone with your level and class and you should get one really fast.

5. i would have to say that if you are a big crafter such as me then you should get this game. not to say that crafting in WoW is bad, its just a little less in depth than EQ2. the game is just downright fun to me, but don't just take my oppinion. to truly make a good decision you really need to play both games.

hope that helps! ::::32::

Schutzbar - Human Warrior - Windrunner Alliance - World of Warcraft
    Nihilanth - Kerra Paladin - Blackburrow - EverQuest II
    XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

Originally posted by jubbincake
    heh.. thanks? I kind of wanted some one that played it extensivley like you guys. Not some one that played it for a week and rated it. But thanks.

I think you might need to click the link again. You'll find it's not actually my personal opinion, but the opinions of thousands of professional reviewers. What better way to learn about the game?

No pleasing some people...

EDIT: I'd take the above poster's advice if I were you. If you can't get even a rough idea of what the game is like from the thousands of reviews I provided you with, you're just gonna have to take the plunge and try it for yourself.

• jubbincakejubbincake Member Posts: 134

I just looked around your post, some of those reviews so far are really good. Thanks .

Originally posted by jubbincake
    I just looked around your post, some of those reviews so far are really good. Thanks .

Glad to help ::::20::

• SaigonshakesSaigonshakes Member Posts: 937

I haven't seen a whole lot of people role playing but that's beacuse I'm not on a roleplaying server. The community though has been very cool thus far. Of course theirs a few goons here and there but overall it's been a good experience.

Their are plenty of adventures to be had. And at this early stage not a whole lot of people have seen all the content it has to offer. I've heard about some high end raids but have yet to do anything really like that.

The leveling is challenging but imo, doesn't feel like a grind. Their are quite a few quests so you can do alot of your xp gain through quests, especially at lower levels. I have yet to feel burnt out by the level 'grind"

All in all I've had a good time playing it. I am still very eager to explore some of the high end stuff. Of course, I can't tell you if you will like it. Different people like different things. I would say it's definitley worth a try.

* Forgot to add that the combat is a blast. You have a ton of options at your disposal but never feel overwhelmed. It's not just the some ol' point and click combat. One of the best features imo, is that it takes some experience in the game to really know how to use your charecter in battle. The more you play the better your technique becomes. It's just a lot more involving than other mmorpg's I've played.