Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

:Looking for a game with real combat

Dragonking60Dragonking60 Member Posts: 145

So it doesn't matter if its from japan, america, korea or anywhere to me now. I'm looking a game thats free and breaks the trend of boring, I hit you, you hit me lame combat. I just want to play a game where the AI has some conpetence and theres obviously a large focus on PVE.

Comments

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

DCUO I guess.

• Dragonking60Dragonking60 Member Posts: 145

Originally posted by romanator0

DCUO I guess.

DC universe? thats pay to play.

• thecipherthecipher Member UncommonPosts: 146

Eh, Vindictus might be something along the lines of what you're looking for. It's free at any rate, so can't hurt to try it out.

http://machineborn.guildportal.com - Now recruiting players!

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

Originally posted by Dragonking60

Originally posted by romanator0

DCUO I guess.

DC universe? thats pay to play.

You never said if you want F2P, P2P, or B2P

So it doesn't matter if its from japan, america, korea or anywhere to me now. I'm looking a game thats free and breaks the trend of boring, I hit you, you hit me lame combat. I just want to play a game where the AI has some conpetence and theres obviously a large focus on PVE

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Originally posted by thecipher

Eh, Vindictus might be something along the lines of what you're looking for. It's free at any rate, so can't hurt to try it out.

Given the parameters of the OP, I'd agree with the recommendation for Vindictus.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Looks nice but predefined characters kinda bore me, I also enjoy mmorpgs that are very quest based, I'm not the type whos gonna be wandering around for an hour aimlessly.

Vindictus is more quest based than most asian grinders I've seen. It's kinda like a different version of DDO, with an action-game-combat focus. Much of the game is instanced, you pick up quests and go do dungeons, with or without other people. Your parameters doesn't really leave much wiggle room, unfortunately - There aren't that many quest-based, pve, action-combat MMO's out there, and throwing in the 'has to be free' limits the field even more.

In the case of Vindictus, it does actually hit most of your criteria.. but it has pregenerated characters. The only other MMO I can think of (that I've tried) that has the same style of combat and the same focus would be Cabal Online, which is an older F2P game. Out of those two though, Vindictus is a lot more fun.

If you don't want to play it, noone's forcing you to, but you started this thread asking for suggestions to games, so you might want to actually try out the free ones before shooting them down.

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

I'd personally just shell out the $20-$30 it takes to buy Mount & Blade Warbands and just play that on one of the larger servers (some are around 120 players+).

CRPG mod makes it fun with persistent progression and customization of your character and skills.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

Looks nice but predefined characters kinda bore me, I also enjoy mmorpgs that are very quest based, I'm not the type whos gonna be wandering around for an hour aimlessly.

Vindictus is awesome and the next game i would have recommended after DCUO. Theres really no wandering aimlessly in it, theres not an endless amount of missions but theres plenty enough to keep you busy. I always think of it as Diablo in 3-D.

Very fun dungeon grinder and full on action gameplay.

Get past the predefined characters and try it, theres still tons of customization in the way you skill up your character.

Maybe you need something different, have you tried Ace Online?

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

Vindictus is more quest based than most asian grinders I've seen. It's kinda like a different version of DDO, with an action-game-combat focus. Much of the game is instanced, you pick up quests and go do dungeons, with or without other people. Your parameters doesn't really leave much wiggle room, unfortunately - There aren't that many quest-based, pve, action-combat MMO's out there, and throwing in the 'has to be free' limits the field even more.

In the case of Vindictus, it does actually hit most of your criteria.. but it has pregenerated characters. The only other MMO I can think of (that I've tried) that has the same style of combat and the same focus would be Cabal Online, which is an older F2P game. Out of those two though, Vindictus is a lot more fun.

If you don't want to play it, noone's forcing you to, but you started this thread asking for suggestions to games, so you might want to actually try out the free ones before shooting them down.

Sorry, I do remember cabal, I really hated it.

lol I just remembered, you cant go wrong with Dungeon Fighter Online!!!!!!

Dynasty Warriors Online, tried that?

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.

Originally posted by monstermmo

Vindictus is awesome and the next game i would have recommended after DCUO. Theres really no wandering aimlessly in it, theres not an endless amount of missions but theres plenty enough to keep you busy. I always think of it as Diablo in 3-D.

Very fun dungeon grinder and full on action gameplay.

Get past the predefined characters and try it, theres still tons of customization in the way you skill up your character.

Maybe you need something different, have you tried Ace Online?

No, Ace doesnt look like something I'd play. And my grief with predifened characters is that our characters look predefined enough already, I'm sorry I don't want to play as someone who already has a name, and three classes is kinda lame too.

• Blackfire1Blackfire1 Member UncommonPosts: 116

Ultima X: Odessy

But if you want real combat.

SCA

Live Steal

Dagohir

All are good combat associations.

• slipcarbslipcarb Member Posts: 44

So it doesn't matter if its from japan, america, korea or anywhere to me now. I'm looking a game thats free and breaks the trend of boring, I hit you, you hit me lame combat. I just want to play a game where the AI has some conpetence and theres obviously a large focus on PVE.

Join the Army and play "Afghanistan".

@Dragonking60,

Dude, you're being an ass here. You have replied in nothing but the negative to any suggestion being offered by people trying to help you. Maybe if you weren't so damned negative towards everything you might, you know, find something fun.

Like I already said: There aren't that many action MMO's out there. There are even fewer free action MMO's. Your choices are limited, and if you're going to let one or two little things in a game stop you from trying said game, you will be waiting a loooooong time to see a game that suits your parameters.

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

Originally posted by slipcarb

Join the Army and play "Afghanistan".

^^ Life- the Ultimate PVP game ^^

@Dragonking60,

Dude, you're being an ass here. You have replied in nothing but the negative to any suggestion being offered by people trying to help you. Maybe if you weren't so damned negative towards everything you might, you know, find something fun.

Like I already said: There aren't that many action MMO's out there. There are even fewer free action MMO's. Your choices are limited, and if you're going to let one or two little things in a game stop you from trying said game, you will be waiting a loooooong time to see a game that suits your parameters.

I'm not trying to be an ass. You don't know me, and yes it would stop me. I like having lots of choices, I don't like the idea of ace cause its not even an mmorpg as far as I'm concerned.

I play a lot of games and have played a lot of games and my memorys bad so i dont always reply with everything i know. :p

Anyways i just remembered Divine Souls, oh well yeah thats similar to Vindictus in the predefined thing too.

Youre missing out man, i understand your problem with the predefined stuff but theyre really fun games.

Maybe check out Darkspore.

I play a lot of games and have played a lot of games and my memorys bad so i dont always reply with everything i know. :p

Anyways i just remembered Divine Souls, oh well yeah thats similar to Vindictus in the predefined thing too.

Youre missing out man, i understand your problem with the predefined stuff but theyre really fun games.

I know, I know, I really missed out on days where you character was your own head to toe, not this pick 1 out of 3 hairs, 3 eyes without even a color picker, its digusting, these cookie cutter models make me wanna puke.

My apologies, I meant that you were coming off as an ass in this thread, whether it was intentional or not. Had I been a less helpful person, I probably would have ignored this thread by now, but instead, I will offer you one more suggestion:

Champions Online.

It's free, it has some of the best character customization in any MMO, and it's PvE and quest focused. Combat is close to formulaic MMO combat though, but they do have stuff like active blocking (which is important to avoid power attacks from enemies).

I'll reiterate to say that I highly doubt you'll find exactly what you're looking for in any game currently out there, so why not just try some of the ones suggested here? I mean, they're free to play, so all it'll cost you is the time it takes to download, sign up and maybe spend an hour or two on.

I know, I know, I really missed out on days where you character was your own head to toe, not this pick 1 out of 3 hairs, 3 eyes without even a color picker, its digusting, these cookie cutter models make me wanna puke.

Customization is really cool and wonderful but it is an extra bonus feature for the players, its not what defines the game at all.

PLAY THEM. Vindictus and Divine Souls are exactly what youre asking for, get past the character creation screen. ;p

My apologies, I meant that you were coming off as an ass in this thread, whether it was intentional or not. Had I been a less helpful person, I probably would have ignored this thread by now, but instead, I will offer you one more suggestion:

Champions Online.

It's free, it has some of the best character customization in any MMO, and it's PvE and quest focused. Combat is close to formulaic MMO combat though, but they do have stuff like active blocking (which is important to avoid power attacks from enemies).

I'll reiterate to say that I highly doubt you'll find exactly what you're looking for in any game currently out there, so why not just try some of the ones suggested here? I mean, they're free to play, so all it'll cost you is the time it takes to download, sign up and maybe spend an hour or two on.

Actaully I wanna play champions a lot, I even followed it and was depressed when the pay to play structure was revealed, I'm not so keen on the hero scence anymore but I should try it.

Customization is really cool and wonderful but it is an extra bonus feature for the players, its not what defines the game at all.

PLAY THEM. Vindictus and Divine Souls are exactly what youre asking for, get past the character creation screen. ;p

divine souls looks awesome, now if only I could get past my hatred of outspark, oh well. I'll try it.

I was having fun with Divine Souls until it crashed and won't boot up again, oh well, I guess I'll try champions :P