Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which One? Opinions- Xyson or Earth Rise

WazMeisterWazMeister Member Posts: 149

Been looking for a new MMO for awhile, not playing any atm and I need my fix.

One hand Xyson looks promising.. it does not have combat yet but doe sound real fun!

On other hand there is Earth Rise, with it's lag issues at as well as Xyson but has combat etc.. I dont really knoiw much about this game and can not find any great positive reviews.

Whats it about? is it worth it?

What one?  I did not want to post this in Xyson or ER forum as i'd get bias opinions.

Thanks

Waz

Comments

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Xyson

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • pluzoidpluzoid Member Posts: 152

Well I dont know much about Earth rise, but Xsyon aint half bad, infact its a breath of fresh air.

Ive done 8 dual spec chars on wow, yet it was never enough.

Now im testing Xsyon with my pre-order and i have to say it is quite an enjoyable experience.

Its not perfect, atm the servers been moved to increase the bandwidth as the pre-launch didnt go well.

As for combat, you can still kill people, infact ive been killed and robbed several times. ATM it is just clicking left and right mouse buttons for left and right arm attacks, moving and using alt to dodge (not sure about alt).

Crafting is the main focus for the moment, getting to know the how the mechanics work, as it aint your simple crafting like WoW. You need tools to make items, different combinations depending on what craft ur doing, you can do them all, but your going to need around 20-25 tools to do so lol. (thats not even looking at tool quality and materials quality lol). And if that isnt enough, tools degrade from useage (cant say how fast yet) so tools need replacing, and ive talked for a paragraph on just the tools, if that doesnt say what the games like, i dunno what does lol.

The community is helpful, but my best suggestion is to read the manual, as its the only help you'll get apart from players help, theres no tutorials or quests to show you how something works, you just ask questions and figure the rest out yourself :P

Check out the features page to see whats in or going to be added

• BroomyBroomy Member UncommonPosts: 487

I have no idea what Xyson is, but my advice is stay away from that broken/beta/launched-to-early hot mess that is known as Earthrise. 

I am currently trying to get my $50 bucks back that I paid for that total POS "game".  I am ashamed that MMORPG.Com has even allowed that game to advertise on their site. 

You would think after so many bad examples that have launched in the past few years that the makers of ER would know better.  No one wants to play a lagfest piece of garbage that has no polish and is unfinished.  Give me my hard-earned money back Masthead!

Current Games: WOW, EVE Online

• quentin405quentin405 Member Posts: 468

Xsyon by far. I mean if you like sandbox games. Its pretty addictive, I really havent tried Earthrise.. wanted to but so many negative feedbacks I will wait for a trial or when it goes F2p.

Sure Xsyon isnt having the best launch in the history of mmos but the devs are really cool and chat with players and they fix stuff daily. I usually have zero tolerance for a bad launch but.. for some reason Im still waiting eagerly to play xsyon again.. The beta was fun but the type of game it is, hard to get real deep into it if you know its all going to wipe.  Some of the stuff you can do in game like, build your tribes little city and stuff actually feels like work sometimes. But once its complete and you can see it from high up on a  mountain (if your PC specs allow of course) it makes it well worth the effort ... imho atleast..

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Having played both, Xsyon without a question.  Sorry ER fans, but I don't see a bright future for that game.  Right now it is currently the lowest rated subscription based game on this website, AND it costs $50.  Yeah, yeah it's only been out two weeks, but it's really in poor shape.  There are currently some problems with Xsyon, but for some reason or another I have some faith in Notorious Games, they have not misled one bit.  ER's players have been kind of misled about the whole thing...